WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Who was Ronnie Lott?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who was Ronnie Lott?
DR. PAPUFNIK
Member # 1232

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. PAPUFNIK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Memphis manager circa 1994. This guy looks like Marc Curtis. Google and Searchy didn't turn up anything. Was Marc Curtis doing a gimmick in Memphis in 1994?
IP: Logged
MichaelPatrick813
Member # 17917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelPatrick813         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the guy who managed the Dream Warriors? If so I'm pretty sure he was out of Chicago.
MichaelPatrick813
Member # 17917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MichaelPatrick813         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the guy who managed the Dream Warriors? If so I'm pretty sure he was out of Chicago.
scizott792
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scizott792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't Mark Curtis (Brian Hildebrand) who was thoroughly involved with Smoky Mountain Wrestling at that time. Curtis did turn up as a heel in Memphis in 1995 (as referee Mark Curtis) during the CWA (or was it USWA) vs. Smoky Mountain feud.

--------------------
"Now, my father cared about Country Joe and The Fish as much you probably do about sado-masochism." -Smith Hart to scizott792, Amsterdam NY 6/5/10

Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie Lott and the Dream Warriors

One of the most awful promos in the history of wrestling. I blame this video for the Death of memphis wrestling and for salting the ground so no other wrestling promotion could ever grow there again. Just...just awful.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was from Chicago. These guys lasted maybe 2 weeks. He ended up managing The Moondogs.

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Memphis had so much craziness going on then it is hard to keep track of.

Plus I have seen Lott spelled as Lotz as well. I have nothing tangible, but why would somebody come from Chicago to do this. My other "mystery" manager from around then, Richard Lee, apparently was a local guy that had an actual musical career that took him to LA. But Lott/Lotz falls into the category of the Melvin Penrod's who are pretty anonymous.

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Defensive back with the 49ers was not the correct answer obviously....

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blind Guy:
Memphis had so much craziness going on then it is hard to keep track of.

Plus I have seen Lott spelled as Lotz as well. I have nothing tangible, but why would somebody come from Chicago to do this. My other "mystery" manager from around then, Richard Lee, apparently was a local guy that had an actual musical career that took him to LA. But Lott/Lotz falls into the category of the Melvin Penrod's who are pretty anonymous.

Ronnie (it was Lotz here) was a legit head case. Up until just a few years ago he had a web site where this "World Famous Manager" was selling hot sauce.

Richard Lee is from here in Nashville. He was a backup singer on Music Row who wanted to get into Wrestling, so he started as a referee and manager for George Gulas's promotion in 83-84, and was even on Memphis TV in the Summer of 85 managing Terry Adonis & Bill Smithson.

He even sang this - for YEARS I thought it was Charlie Daniels:

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QUOTE...
quote:
Ronnie (it was Lotz here) was a legit head case. Up until just a few years ago he had a web site where this "World Famous Manager" was selling hot sauce.

Thanks GShea...a "real" head case...in wrestling AND real life I guess covers it all. I'll assume the music clip is better than the hot sauce.

Terry Adonis use both that handle & Mark Roberts in TN?

--------------------

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

QUOTE...
quote:

Thanks GShea...a "real" head case...in wrestling AND real life I guess covers it all. I'll assume the music clip is better than the hot sauce.

Terry Adonis use both that handle & Mark Roberts in TN?

--------------------

Mr. A
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Armageddon_T_Thunderbird:

One of the most awful promos in the history of wrestling. I blame this video for the Death of memphis wrestling and for salting the ground so no other wrestling promotion could ever grow there again. Just...just awful.

But Dude, the big, flabby, pasty-white guy who looked like he wanted to cry (possibly because Ronnie kept slapping him in the boob) said it was their moment. I don't know. I thought it was going well until the other one appeared to have a shreiking seizure. Sadly, when your partner starts screaming like a howler monkey, it will kill your moment every time. At the end, I could totally understand why he wanted to cry.
Armageddon_T_Thunderbird
Member # 44658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Armageddon_T_Thunderbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. A:
quote:

But Dude, the big, flabby, pasty-white guy who looked like he wanted to cry (possibly because Ronnie kept slapping him in the boob) said it was their moment. I don't know. I thought it was going well until the other one appeared to have a shreiking seizure. Sadly, when your partner starts screaming like a howler monkey, it will kill your moment every time. At the end, I could totally understand why he wanted to cry.
I would bet that is the video kept going after the interview, you would hear a loud sigh from behind the camera and someone saying "it is what it is".

I wonder how those three didn't make the call up to the WWf back then, even Reggie B. Fine got to be on WWf tv a time or two. Howler monkey guy could have been the WWf's answer to Screamin Norman Smiley.

--------------------
Your uncrowned NWA Heavyweight Champion of the World.

Mr. A
Member # 39

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. A:
quote:

I would bet that is the video kept going after the interview, you would hear a loud sigh from behind the camera and someone saying "it is what it is".

I wonder how those three didn't make the call up to the WWf back then, even Reggie B. Fine got to be on WWf tv a time or two. Howler monkey guy could have been the WWf's answer to Screamin Norman Smiley.

The worst part for me is I just know when the taping was done, Ronnie and his two squishy Dreamy Warriors all high-fived each other. Then, the one Warrior broke down and wept while the other kept screeching, "We nailed it!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations