WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » World title lineage diagram (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: World title lineage diagram
bigpappacubfan
Member # 8321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigpappacubfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very well done. As a long time fan, I appreciate all of the effort that went into this.

--------------------
and that's the bottom line....

IP: Logged
haku raion
Member # 68024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for haku raion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those of you who liked the History of the World Championship: http://nwawrestle.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/0/9/1809845/nwalarge.pdf

I've started to put together a similar chart to cover the US championships including the United States, North American, National and Intercontinental championships.

It's not quite so straightforward or extensive, but here it is anyway:

http://nwawrestle.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/0/9/1809845/uschart.pdf

Thank you for your nice comments.

Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a project something like that years ago. I think I stopped in 2000. Haven't worked with it in years but at times it's comes in handy. I'll send it to anyone if you contact me at:

stevedyohe@aol.com

Steve Yohe

PipersPit66
Member # 70344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PipersPit66     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From parts unknown.... Weight unknown... Just kidding! Hi fellow wrestling fans! This looks like a terrific sight. Lately I've been feeling nostalgic for the simple childhood days of mowing lawns in order to purchase wrestling cards and creamsicles.

I loved wrestling night! I especially enjoyed Piper and Playboy Buddy Rose, and yes, even the corny Tom Peterson furniture commercials. Hoot hoot! He's doing it again... That's right folks, it's Tom Peterson's Christmas in July.

Great to virtually meet everybody!

JWLPromoter from FL
Member # 3978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWLPromoter from FL   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by haku raion:
I agree about Flair in the 1980s. If anything his reigns are more impressive because he was champion of a large network, whereas Bruno was champion of one company.

According to Wikipedia, Flair's NWA title reigns (between 1981 and 1993) equal 3101 days as champion. He also spent 118 days as WWE champion and 501 days as WCW champion between 1991 and 2000 and 63 days as WCW International champion, so by my reckoning Flair spent 3,783 days as a world champion which is about ten and a half years. It still falls shy of Bruno's combined 4040 days as champion - but I bet Flair made at least twice as many title defences and I bet most of those matches were twice as long as Bruno's.

Yes, Flair held a World Title (either NWA, WCW, WWE or "WCW International") during some part of every year from 1981 through 1996. Hulk Hogan comes close, since he won his first WWE World Heavyweight Title in January 1984 and his last WCW World Heavyweight Title in July 1999, but he just misses matching Flair's achievement because he didn't have a recognized title reign in 1992.

--------------------
"BANG BANG!"

"Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it."- George Santayana

"...the strongest force in the world is a woman!"- Jimmy Hart

The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!

Your uncrowned IWA World Heavyweight Champion

ttf
Member # 34

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ttf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great effort. I can't seem to find the Montdreal stuff which was major.
ZEKER
Member # 4727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZEKER         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by haku raion:
For those of you who liked the History of the World Championship: http://nwawrestle.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/0/9/1809845/nwalarge.pdf

I've started to put together a similar chart to cover the US championships including the United States, North American, National and Intercontinental championships.

It's not quite so straightforward or extensive, but here it is anyway:

http://nwawrestle.weebly.com/uploads/1/8/0/9/1809845/uschart.pdf

Thank you for your nice comments.

I think you did an excellent job on this. I even printed a big poster of it out and plan on placing it on my game room wall with my world title replicas. However, i noticed a small error. On the pictures, you have rick Steamboats Picture labeled Kerry Von erich. Id love to get that updated and re-print it. again, many thanks...

***EDIT: I used adobe Pro to edit the name for my file so Im good now. The only other edit i made was under WWWF and NWA for Buddy Rogers; he was listed as [1] [5] Under WWWF and that should be [1] WWF and [2] 2nd overall title as he was NWA champion. Same on the NWA side, he is listed as [1] NWA and [4] for ??? that was his first world title right? or am i missing something?

[ 02-16-2013, 12:03 PM: Message edited by: ZEKER ]

haku raion
Member # 68024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for haku raion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zeker - sorry my friend, I'd missed your update. I need to make a few ammendments and updates to the lineage and upload it again. Buddy Rogers' world title wins refer to not just his NWA and WWWF titles but he also held world titles with the American Wrestling Association (3 times), Montreal (3 times) and Jack Pfeffer (3 times).
Executive of the Extravaganza
Member # 115468

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Executive of the Extravaganza   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work. Can't wait to go through and spend some time looking at the lineage.

--------------------
www.oldewrestling.com

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to see the World Title PDF updated to reflect the reunion of the "WWE" and "World Heavyweight" Titles (as much as it irks me that the "World Heavyweight" title was comparably illegitimate even in the realm of a worked sport, but STILL!)

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

Syze
Member # 122680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Syze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody brilliant!
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really good but made my head spin.

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

ZEKER
Member # 4727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ZEKER         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't suppose we can get an update of this published, I'd like to replace my poster with updates especially now the WWE's belts are unified. or possibly post an editable version... Thanks in advance...
dustysmuffler
Member # 127517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dustysmuffler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys I'm the artist formerly known as Haku Raion. I no longer have the software to update the chart but may do a new one some day

--------------------
I'm a Jim Cornette guy

Batko10
Member # 99017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Batko10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Oh spare me Bruno's BS. They did the exact same match as a dark match on the DC TV card except with a NC finish three weeks before.

Thank you! I personally saw that match on Capitol Wrestling TV. My buddy Lenny's dad took him to MSG to see the title switch and he told me it was exactly like the TV match except they rang the bell.

Bruno is full of sh*t.

Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dustysmuffler:
Hi guys I'm the artist formerly known as Haku Raion. I no longer have the software to update the chart but may do a new one some day

What format is the chart in and what software is needed to update?

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

dustysmuffler
Member # 127517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dustysmuffler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made it in Quark xPress then PDF'd it

--------------------
I'm a Jim Cornette guy

Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dustysmuffler:
I made it in Quark xPress then PDF'd it

Check your PM's please.

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a 24"x 36" copy printed at Staples today to hang in a co-workers cube at work. It is a thing of beauty and he loved it. I just wish I had bought a magnifying glass to hang next to it.

--------------------
https://territorydays.blogspot.com/

ZEKER
Member # 4727

I'm all for a new one (but let's dump the Dale Gagner AWA from it ). LOL
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations