WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Playboy Gary Hart: My Life in Wrestling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Playboy Gary Hart: My Life in Wrestling
Duke Of Dorchester
Member # 6218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke Of Dorchester   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went in to Hannaford (Cant afford) supermarket yesterday. (Hampstead, NH) Got the Gary Hart hardcover book, for $1.00 in the used/donated bin.

Been looking for this book for quite a while now.. What a score.

Book, Red Hook Winter Ale, Patriots win, all is good :>)

--------------------
[[[------]]]

IP: Logged
smokyrobmoore from TX
Member # 1582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smokyrobmoore from TX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the behind-the-scenes workings of pro wrestling fascinate you, especially the behind-the-scenes of World Class, then you will love this book.

--------------------
http://www.facebook.com/robmooretexas

Old school is cool school

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen.
Tabe
Member # 1083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tabe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a heckuva steal. I've seen that book go for $60+ on Ebay.

Great book, too, btw.

Tabe

--------------------
Check out my poker blog: http://coachtabe.blogspot.com

vtrockgod22
Member # 5576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vtrockgod22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an excellent read, one of my favorites. The parts where Hart goes into developing talent, booking ideas and the small details within creating angles are especially interesting.
PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The book was going for $100 before the re-release online. Why I have not purchased it is beyond me, everybody says it's great.

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

djkm77
Member # 26160

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djkm77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my next book. Has anyone else seen Angelo Mosca's book. I have heard no mention of it on here or anywhere else for that matter.
jkeats
Member # 8667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkeats   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This and JJ Dillon's book are my two favorite wrestling related books. I've read each twice!
jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a great weekend, enjoy!
heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jkeats:
This and JJ Dillon's book are my two favorite wrestling related books. I've read each twice!

What did you like most about each book?

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

Duke Of Dorchester
Member # 6218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke Of Dorchester   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finished the book today, really enjoyed it. One of those books where I was bummed out that it ended. Started Ole's book right afterward, I hope its even 1/2 as good...

--------------------
[[[------]]]

jkeats
Member # 8667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkeats   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heinoushorseman1986:
quote:
Originally posted by jkeats:

What did you like most about each book?
I like how in depth they went into the territory system. A lot of stuff that was before my time (I felt the same way about The Assassin's book). That's my favorite stuff to read about. The later stuff is good and compelling, but I like to read about the "glory days" and these do a great job of that.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there was more than one copy going for a dollar, I would buy them up and sell them on amazon and ebay.

--------------------
"I play a planet. I menace somebody called Something-or-other. Then I'm destroyed. My plan to destroy Whoever-it-is is thwarted and I tear myself apart on the screen."
Orson Welles on "Transformers: the Movie"

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:
If there was more than one copy going for a dollar, I would buy them up and sell them on amazon and ebay.

Either that or give them to us [Razz]

--------------------
gulascantfoolus
proud winner of 2012
greatest name ever contest

Blonde Adonis from Hamilton
Member # 32332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blonde Adonis from Hamilton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read Gary's book 3 times now.Great book.Mosca's book is(or was) available here in Hamilton,Ont.Try Lulu's publishing company.The book is quite light on wrestling content,heavy on football.Not the best book I've read,not even close.

--------------------
Wrestling Clips ETC.
http://cdre.webs.com/

heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im getting both Gary Harts book and JJ Dillons at some point.

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

Path Of Rage
Member # 4918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Path Of Rage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gary Hart book is one of the best wrestling bio's out there IMO. Hooker, Ole Anderson, and the Stan Hanson books are my other favorites.
Marty Goldstein from WA
Member # 1918

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marty Goldstein from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My review of the Mosca book:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Reviews/2011/09/29/18759781.html

--------------------
Watch City Circus about Canadian politics, listen to The Great Canadian Talk Show podcast with Marty Gold, at
www.TGCTS.com,

Twitter: @TGCTS
Read my stories on Slam! Wrestling too!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations