WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » LOVED Ole Anderson's shoot inteview.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LOVED Ole Anderson's shoot inteview.
the good old days
Member # 7673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the good old days         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! Didn't know Flair owed him money as well. LOL!

Loved hearing about all those Georgia booking stories. Seems ole Jim Barnett kept going back on Ole time and time again.

Before my time, but Ole talked about how great Louis Tillet was a booker. Anybody here work with Mr. Tillet.

Ole's ornery but who cares? Fascinating interview from a territorial perspective. God, I miss those days!

IP: Logged
BaltimoreBullet
Member # 4184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BaltimoreBullet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Flair probably owes everyone money. LOL

--------------------
It's only funny until someone gets hurt- then it's freakin' hilarious!

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 14 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've loved all the shoots I've heard Ole do. Say what you will about the man - he says exactly what's on his mind, and there's always something there.

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

BatmiteReturns
Member # 4387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BatmiteReturns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall the book but when Vince was buying the TBS time slot he said "C'mon Ole, let's make a lot of money together" and Ole said "F### off"

(sorry mods, the cursing was relevant to the conversation)

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BatmiteReturns:
I don't recall the book but when Vince was buying the TBS time slot he said "C'mon Ole, let's make a lot of money together" and Ole said "F### off"

Thanks to wisdom like that, I can't go on ebay and buy an Ole Anderson action figure. . .
White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the good old days:
WOW!
Before my time, but Ole talked about how great Louis Tillet was a booker. Anybody here work with Mr. Tillet.

I have loads of respect for Ole, but I don't think I've ever read an interview where Tillet as booker gets mentioned and it's not in the context of him running the promotion into the ground.

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

bomberjacklord
Member # 4879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bomberjacklord   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a big part of my training from Louis. Great guy that I learned a lot from!

--------------------
The secret to immortality is to live a life worth remembering - Bruce Lee

White Fang from WA
Member # 1458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for White Fang from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bomberjacklord:
I got a big part of my training from Louis. Great guy that I learned a lot from!

Cool, BJL. Didn't mean to be flip. But Ole's the first time I've heard Tillet praised as a booker.

--------------------
The reason raindances work is because they don't stop dancing until it rains.

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard several people praise Tillet as a booker including Dick Steinborn, Les Thatcher and Jerry Oates.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Tori         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liz Hunter's Boyfriend:
quote:
Originally posted by BatmiteReturns:

Thanks to wisdom like that, I can't go on ebay and buy an Ole Anderson action figure. . .
You could get creative like this person:

-

--------------------
"16 day debreidden is hopspital and did gp crazt. Check. Peached are godd, check."

Rick Hodge
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rick Hodge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The boots are wrong.
MaskedGoofIV
Member # 5862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaskedGoofIV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many Ole shoots were there? Was it three?
RF Video, High Spots, and Scott Teal's Shooting with the Legends?

[ 01-10-2012, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: MaskedGoofIV ]

--------------------
tcaro.hubpages.com

vtrockgod22
Member # 5576

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vtrockgod22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's four all together: one with Highspots, one with RF and two with Scott Teal. I think the Teal ones are the best because Ole isn't nearly as confrotational as he's been in certain situations. But I do admit I think the RF video is actually entertaining just to listen to Ole insult the interviewer.

Personally, I thought Ole was a great interview, great worker and had a very good mind for the business. He's also as stubborn as mule.

the good old days
Member # 7673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the good old days         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ole insulting the guy in the RF video was PRICELESS. The kid had it coming though. Trying to tell Ole that Ted Turner "owned the NWA in 1991"...LOL!!!

Ole told him to "quit being so damn dumb!" LOL!!!

Tabe
Member # 1083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tabe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Hodge:
The boots are wrong.

That's cuz it's Arn wearing an Ole t-shirt.

Tabe

--------------------
Check out my poker blog: http://coachtabe.blogspot.com

heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BaltimoreBullet:
I think Flair probably owes everyone money. LOL

If he doesnt,he will be asking those people for money to borrow soon.

Straight to the bar and chase the ladies and get drunk..

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the good old days:
Ole insulting the guy in the RF video was PRICELESS. The kid had it coming though. Trying to tell Ole that Ted Turner "owned the NWA in 1991"...LOL!!!

Ole told him to "quit being so damn dumb!" LOL!!!

IIRC, RF asked Ole what he thought of Flair leaving with the belt in 1991. Ole responded by asking him how many promoters were in the NWA at the time and RF said that Turner owned it. That's when Ole made the "quit being so damn dumb" comment.

He asked RF again how many promoters there were and RF said there were two big companies and a bunch of smaller ones. Ole got frustrated and asked if there was a promoter out in San Francisco or Los Angeles. RF said no and Ole said "Right, because there was no NWA anymore" and tried to make the point that when Flair left with the belt it didn't matter because he was no longer champion of anything.

Only problem with Ole's "facts" is that Flair was still champion of WCW and the NWA (even if there were no more territories, it still existed as an organization) when he left and it DID matter to them, which is why they sued when he took the belt to Vince.

[ 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Dan Poutsma ]

the good old days
Member # 7673

Technically when Herd fired Flair, he wouldn't have been WCW champ even if he did take the belt leaving him as NWA champ and as Ole correctly stated, the champion of nothing.
TBBucs621
Member # 22325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBBucs621     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how WWF would have turned out if Ole Anderson was Vince's booker in the 80s.
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard the one where Dave Meltzer interviews him and every 3rd question was met with "Have you read the book?"

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

MaskedGoofIV
Member # 5862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaskedGoofIV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
I've heard the one where Dave Meltzer interviews him and every 3rd question was met with "Have you read the book?"

yeah, that was the Eyada interview. I remember Ole saying to Dave something to the effect of 'The difference between me and you is I am worth something"

--------------------
tcaro.hubpages.com

BatmiteReturns
Member # 4387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BatmiteReturns     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:

Ole is just upset that he is not in Meltzer's hall of fame.
PeteF3
Member # 1298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeteF3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, for a guy who claimed not to care about being in the Observer HOF, Ole spent a hell of a lot of time talking about not being in the Observer HOF.
North Star Fan
Member # 52324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for North Star Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave is a much better writer than interviewer as I thought he did a poor job on that one. Ole should just take meltzers HOF with a big grain of salt

--------------------
Gym, Tan, Laundry!

North Star Fan
Member # 52324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for North Star Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave is a much better writer than interviewer as I thought he did a poor job on that one. Ole should just take meltzers HOF with a big grain of salt

--------------------
Gym, Tan, Laundry!

Fighting Camel
Member # 4935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fighting Camel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by North Star Fan:

When I look at some of the ones in Meltzer's HOF and compare them to Ole's career.....I'd have to agree with you.

--------------------
"A girl's legs are her best friend...but even the best of friends must part"---Redd Foxx

SMN from CA
Member # 3253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SMN from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Poutsma:

He asked RF again how many promoters there were and RF said there were two big companies and a bunch of smaller ones. Ole got frustrated and asked if there was a promoter out in San Francisco or Los Angeles. RF said no and Ole said "Right, because there was no NWA anymore" and tried to make the point that when Flair left with the belt it didn't matter because he was no longer champion of anything.

Only problem with Ole's "facts" is that Flair was still champion of WCW and the NWA (even if there were no more territories, it still existed as an organization) when he left and it DID matter to them, which is why they sued when he took the belt to Vince.

I understand that Ole is revered by many on here while Feinstein is (justifiably) reviled, however, I'm still at a loss as to what point Ole thought he was making here, and fail to understand how it can be viewed as him "owning" Feinstein as many like to gleefully claim when the point he was making was nonsensical.

As if a wrestler who holds a made-up world title for winning pre-determined wrestling matches is somehow more or less of a world champion depending on the current organizational structure of the group whose world title he holds. When Flair left for the WWF in 1991 it was a huge deal. I would seriously doubt that there was even one wrestling fan who said to himself, "Well, I would be excited about Flair jumping to the WWF as World Champion, but since the NWA no longer has representation in Los Angeles or San Francisco I guess it's no big whoop". Ole was the one who was out of touch with that comment.

Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SMN from CA:
quote:
Originally posted by Dan Poutsma:

I understand that Ole is revered by many on here while Feinstein is (justifiably) reviled, however, I'm still at a loss as to what point Ole thought he was making here, and fail to understand how it can be viewed as him "owning" Feinstein as many like to gleefully claim when the point he was making was nonsensical.

As if a wrestler who holds a made-up world title for winning pre-determined wrestling matches is somehow more or less of a world champion depending on the current organizational structure of the group whose world title he holds. When Flair left for the WWF in 1991 it was a huge deal. I would seriously doubt that there was even one wrestling fan who said to himself, "Well, I would be excited about Flair jumping to the WWF as World Champion, but since the NWA no longer has representation in Los Angeles or San Francisco I guess it's no big whoop". Ole was the one who was out of touch with that comment.

Unless you were reading the Observer or Torch, you probably didn't know that the NWA even still existed. But regardless of if there were territories or not, Flair was still champion of something.

Even if the NWA HAD morphed into WCW, he was champion when he was fired and took the belt with him. Yeah, I know Herd technically stripped him of the title, but to discount that it wasn't a big deal because he wasn't the official WCW champion when he went to the WWF, or that him being NWA champion meant "nothing" because there weren't anymore territories, is really ignorant. The fans saw it as a big deal, and obviously WCW and the NWA did too or else they wouldn't have gone to court and tried to block him from using the belt or even calling himself a world champion.

So for Ole to just blow it off as "nothing" is either completely ignorant or just hard headed. And it's not like Feinstein was in any position to challenge him because Ole was right about one thing, Feinstein DIDN'T know what he was talking about. When Ole was interviewed by Meltzer, he came across at least somewhat bad, IMO, because Dave actually knew his stuff and would tell Ole when he was incorrect about something. Ole may not have liked it, but oh well. Feinstein just asks a bunch of questions without doing any research or knowing the background, so when Ole berates him he comes off as a complete moron that just says "right" and folds like a chair because he knows he's ignorant to the facts of everything he's asking.

[ 01-14-2012, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Dan Poutsma ]

the good old days
Member # 7673

Icon 14 posted      Profile for the good old days         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ole rules and don't ever forget it! [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations