WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Please Post Board Tech Problems Here (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Please Post Board Tech Problems Here
Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah,...what the hell...you only live once. I'll spring for a steak & baked potato for Dave, throw in a salad & a dessert, too. He's darn worth it. [Smile]

[ 11-04-2010, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Tojo Mojo ]

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

IP: Logged
chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff n Texas:
quote:
Originally posted by DaveK:
Ok, we seem to be back, and on a different and better performing server. Hosting company (godaddy) was very apologetic, and they should be, since they started the whole problem by moving the site as part of a "load balancing" effort.

We'll keep monitoring performance......

DaveK

I forgive them...

-

Jeff and I have something we can agree on! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

EVAD
Member # 1917

Icon 14 posted      Profile for EVAD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even works in CANADA.

--------------------
Retro is the new cool

DaveK
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! Someday I'll take you up on your offers (sprite, frosty, dinner, brunette.....)
Meth via PA
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meth via PA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am knowledge about such things, so if you need any help in the future let me know.

--------------------
I looked into the heart of the Island, and what I saw was beautiful.

Eddie Stole my other shirt.

6/25/07 - The day the wrestling died

Travis Cook
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travis Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody else had problems with only a "partial thread" showing up? Over on the friendly neighborhood Poli Forum, the Keith Olbermann thread (the one that's still active) is cutting off at the bottom of the page (right after Commish's second post--without the usual "bottom of the screen" stuff that we as on threads normally). I did post to the thread (and I believe succesfully so), but the thread still shows up as cutting off at the same point so I can't see for sure.

--------------------
For the best in Poltical commentary, visit my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/americasevilgenius

Check out my new political/cultural blog: http://askaconservativewhiteguy.blogspot.com/

"In your gut...you know I'm right!"

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing the same thing you are. Also had a post disappear this morning at like 1:15 AM.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, lost a post that I made after CM's 11-06-2010 01:39PM post on his "Grocery bill" thread.

Wasn't anything really important, but yeah, it's gonzo....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now it's going wonky in one browser window and will not surf or refresh or reopen in it, even in a new tab, but works fine if I open it in a new window.

--------------------

Infamous
Member # 10021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having an issue with disappearing posts before they actually appear on the board. I'll go to type a post then hit "Add Reply" & it never appears in the thread. I ignored it the first couple of times but today it happened for the 5th time in a week. I've started to C&P my posts before hitting send just in case they vanish

It's not that big of a deal for me since the posts were short 1 or 2 sentence remarks & easy to remember but if someone has a long winded post that they took considerable time to piece together they're going to be ticked off when it gets lost in the internet abyss

Sports Guy ottomatic from MN
Member # 3795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sports Guy ottomatic from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't open 'CachePath/ubb_files/forum_page/Forum1/forum1-20.cgi'.

The exact error returned by the operating system is:
Stale NFS file handle

--------------------
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's!" Alex Karras

"Always make sure you go to other people's funerals. Otherwise they won't go to yours." Yogi Berra

Member # 3795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sports Guy ottomatic from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Stale NFS file handle

--------------------
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's!" Alex Karras

"Always make sure you go to other people's funerals. Otherwise they won't go to yours." Yogi Berra

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried posting some Youtube clips and it says that this site (WCMB) doesn't support iFrame.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

aim
Member # 4846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aim         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claymation Quartermain:
Tried posting some Youtube clips and it says that this site (WCMB) doesn't support iFrame.

and the posting of youtube clips is down 83.4%

--------------------
By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.
~~George Carlin

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.-- Mark Twain

"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." – Socrates

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=114611

--------------------

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On tthe current "Mel Phillips" thread, another poster and myself noted a problem. Not a huge deal, seems inserting a large jpg (perhaps other formats) alters the page view to make the page VERY wide. More of an annoyance than a crisis IMHO.

--------------------
Michael Moriarty as Henry Wiggen in, "Bang the Drum Slowly" (1973)

"From here on in, I rag nobody"

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind Guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh isn't this special I go back to back on the tech problems thread.

Not a big deal, GSHEA started a topic entitled "Matey Matey" two days ago. I have not posted on it, yet it shows up in my MY PROFILE that I started it. GShea confirms that it shows on his MY PROFILE that he did. Apparently, this is not "identity theft"...I could imagine the turmoil if there WAS a glitch where posts were being tagged with incorrect screen names.

Not a big deal, I am sure, but a stitch in time etc.

--------------------

DaveK
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was an outage this morning, if you can read this, we should be back.....
PsychoSem
Member # 119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PsychoSem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the past several days, every time that I leave the site I am forced to log back in even though I have checkmarked the 'remain logged in button' on the sign in page.

--------------------
The future's uncertain and the end is always near...

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Thanks DaveK, I posted a quick heads up on the general forum and bailed out PDQ. My apologies for not doing the prescribed tech forum note, but I just switched my security system this week asnd was worried that it was at my end. Guilty conscience type I guess.

But a good chance to acknowledge the behind the scenes mojo voodoo stuff that keeps things humming along quite nicely.

--------------------

Dwayne Soper
Member # 4321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dwayne Soper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to edit - delete a double post in the Triple H tag division post in the wrestling section, and it keeps saying "Hack attempt"logged and wont let me do anything. Whats up with that?

--------------------
"Heroes come and go,but LEGENDS never die...."

Flaco from CA
Member # 9810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flaco from CA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting the 'flood protection' and slowness

--------------------
"spider and heights"

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we having some more board problems tonight, or am I having a my computer is junk problem?

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Blind Guy
Member # 40601

Has the "Post Tech Problems Here" sticky moved?

FOUND IT (OBVIOUSLY)

Mr. Searchy has not found it.

So, again, not following procedures correctly here BUT

There is the recurring "post timed out" scenario again, this usually does not last long and usually means there is some tech upgrade going on.

So copy any longish posts before posting, youi might need to try twice.

--------------------

Member # 3795

Stale NFS file handle

--------------------

Your Online Shrink
Member # 2729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Your Online Shrink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't open 'CachePath/ubb_files/forum_page/Forum1/forum1-1000.cgi'.

Stale NFS file handle

--------------------
2006 WCMB Pro-Am March Madness Champion

Member # 3795

Sorry, UBB has encountered an unexpected, fatal error. This error is extremely abnormal. Please contact the board administration. The error text is:

Stale NFS file handle

--------------------

Member # 3795

An error has occurred:
I was unable to unlink NonCGIPath/Forum1/forum_1.threads: No such file or directory at CGIPath/ubb_lib_files.cgi line 743.

--------------------

SamHoustonColiseum
Member # 5771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SamHoustonColiseum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Error

Stale NFS file handle

» Please use your browser's back button to return

--------------------
It bees that way sometimes, have mercy!

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure how this works, but figured I'd ask:

Just started using Firefox after giving up on my old browser, but Firefox does something weird when I come here (and not to any other site so far). When I arrive, it opens up - not popups - but other tabs. Sometimes when I get here, it'll open up one second tab that advertises something. Other times it'll try to open about 6-8 tabs at once. Not having this issue anywhere else, and I've got the pop-up blocker on. Ideas/suggestions?

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Calloway
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calloway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Madison
This has been happening with me now on my home pc. When I come to the board while openeing a second tab is opening at the same time with ads.
????? I will have to see if it is happening on my daughters laptop or my work pc. I'm on Windows XP and Internet Explorer.

[ 12-24-2011, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Calloway ]

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhm, any mods or people in the know still checking this section?

--------------------

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:

DaveK
Administrator
Member # 2

I tested from a couple different computers and did not have the problem. Your PC looks like its infected by some ad-ware virus. The symptoms are similar to the TDSS rootkit which can evade many anti-virus programs.

You can try scanning it with the TDSSkiller rootkit detector at http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363

Also install MalwareBytes ( http://malwarebytes.org ) and scan your system.

Dave

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the help but no go. I already swear by malwarebytes and use it quite often. Tried the rootkit detector as well, both in Safe mode and a thorough search on MWB. This time around, nothing was shown as being infected, etc. No doubt there's still something in there, but appears I'll have to wait until MWB updates include it, maybe.

What I have questions about now is Firefox interactivity with the site. I'm still new to FF (yeah, I know, Chrome, blah blah), but it was my understanding that FF had capabilities to shut down pop-ups and such regardless, but I'm not really seeing where I can do that.

Also, any idea what it is about this particular site that triggers these spam tabs and pop-ups? At the time of my first posting, WCMB was the only place that this was happening to me; I can now add CNN.com to it as well, but all other sites don't do this.

--------------------

Freakin' Awesome Network

quote:

Skullbutt
Member # 21433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skullbutt         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madison Carter from TX:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the help but no go. I already swear by malwarebytes and use it quite often. Tried the rootkit detector as well, both in Safe mode and a thorough search on MWB. This time around, nothing was shown as being infected, etc. No doubt there's still something in there, but appears I'll have to wait until MWB updates include it, maybe.

What I have questions about now is Firefox interactivity with the site. I'm still new to FF (yeah, I know, Chrome, blah blah), but it was my understanding that FF had capabilities to shut down pop-ups and such regardless, but I'm not really seeing where I can do that.

Also, any idea what it is about this particular site that triggers these spam tabs and pop-ups? At the time of my first posting, WCMB was the only place that this was happening to me; I can now add CNN.com to it as well, but all other sites don't do this.

I always use Firefox (NOT the updated version) for this site and have not had this problem. At times I do have problems getting into one of the discussions, but this has not been the case recently.
SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth this popped up on my screen

Stale NFS file handle

» Please use your browser's back button to return.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noting a very fast connection reset happening today; pretty much every three or four minutes, if not less.

In the time it takes to post a reply, or shift from one thread to another, the board seems to reset the connection (prompting a pop-up warning saying "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.").

Just started after 0900 local (PST).

And currently doing so after every reply on a thread.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Still having re-connection issues after virtually every new or replying post, and even after jsut reading a couple of the longer threads.

This is the only site that I'm having such issues with, too. Double-checked my connecitons, and everything seems to be fine, so.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

brawler2711
Member # 26849

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brawler2711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im also having issues trying to get on the board, seems like 80% of the time the past couple of days the page wont display, all other sites and connections work fine.

--------------------
Sir Tojo: "I used Brut in the late '60's-early '70's. Used to splash it all over my crotch area after a shower--no joke.I used to get some funny reactions to that back in my early 20's. Fond memories."

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, it's still doing it.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations