WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Please Post Board Tech Problems Here (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Please Post Board Tech Problems Here
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know. We're working on it. Thanks for your patience.

edit-going to make this a permanent sticky thread for tech problems and have edited the title accordingly.

[ 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything seems to be back okay. Please post here if you're still having any problems.

--------------------

Meth via PA
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meth via PA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I go to hit the site, it times out instantly. Then i refresh and it comes up.

Your Apache or cgi seconds do not seemed to be set correctly.

--------------------
I looked into the heart of the Island, and what I saw was beautiful.

Eddie Stole my other shirt.

6/25/07 - The day the wrestling died

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meth via PA:
When I go to hit the site, it times out instantly. Then i refresh and it comes up.

Same here. It also does that sometimes when I bring up various threads.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meth via PA:

Your Apache or cgi seconds do not seemed to be set correctly.

I'm having that problem as well

--------------------
Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have ~ James Baldwin

I will never apologize for who I am! Do you really think I care what you think about me? You obviously don't know me.

Ken Viewer
Member # 5528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Viewer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, too. Posting is also a hassle as posts take a long time to load, unless they time out.

Ken

[ 11-02-2010, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Ken Viewer ]

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still seeing "the document contains no data" msg.
chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got the immediate time out page that the others were talking about, going from page to page in the McNabb thread.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Ken Viewer
Member # 5528

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Viewer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it's worth, much of the Internet is plagued with some sort of access-problem, and this is going into its second day. There are sites all over the place, some business-necessary restricted-access places, that are suffering failures and acknowledging this via voice-telephone. I'd name a few, but then trolls would know where to attack.

Are the gals in Bangalore having quite a party -- the outsourced jobs corporate scum profit from? I guess I should stop telling them to go weave some cotton rather than screw up the world's business.

Ken

gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang that Russo he messes up everything [Big Grin]

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

Philly Sports Fan
Member # 18264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Philly Sports Fan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like its working normally now knock on wood. [Smile]

--------------------
***This post requires participatory viewer discretion.***

Philly Sports Fan
Member # 18264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Philly Sports Fan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like its working normally now knock on wood. [Smile]

--------------------
***This post requires participatory viewer discretion.***

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

If it's not, try clearing your browser.

--------------------

PartsUnknown77 From ND
Member # 8970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PartsUnknown77 From ND     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I keep posting, but it has me confused to thinking I'm heinoushorsman [Wink]

--------------------
"I live in a big house, on the big side of town" -Ric Flair

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda nostalgic, actually - reminds me of all the fun I had with my old 28K modem.

So......who will the next member of the nWo be? [Razz]

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Press "Reply", says

quote:
"Connection Interrupted.
The document contains no data.
The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

And so I backspace, hit "Reply" again and it hits. Try to switch topics, same conneciton failure.

*sigh*

And its happening after Every. Single. Attempt.

Very frustrating....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still having issues myself.

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Viewer:
For what it's worth, much of the Internet is plagued with some sort of access-problem, and this is going into its second day. There are sites all over the place, some business-necessary restricted-access places, that are suffering failures and acknowledging this via voice-telephone. I'd name a few, but then trolls would know where to attack.

Ken

The problem is that the trolls have gained control of many internet bridges and they're not allowing any information to trip trap across.

I heard they're considering sending Jeff Bridges into the internet to defeat the trolls.

Infamous
Member # 10021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working much, much better now on my end. Day & night difference
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Don't knock wood yet, because I posted this already and it disappeared, but Dave Kandz (WC's Resident Tech Wizard) was away camping till late last night, came back, got on the case, quickly determined that the problem was on the server end, told the hosting company what it was, they were unable to fix it, and they are, or have, or will, switch us to another of their servers that supposedly does not have the problem.

--------------------

bwmoats
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwmoats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I say thank you to Dave Kandz.I know it is premature until its official but thank you,Dave Kandz.
GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there are posts disappearing? I'm not losing my mind?

(If anyone ignores the first question and answers the second question in the affirmative, I shall beat said poster right in the nose. [Razz] )

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

codystarbuck
Member # 27176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for codystarbuck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if we affirm both?

--------------------
"The whole of life is just like watching a film. Only it’s as though you always get in ten minutes after the big picture has started, and no-one will tell you the plot, so you have to work it out all yourself from the clues." —Terry Pratchett

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because C) All of the above is the correct answer, Shea.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Ken Viewer
Member # 5528

One of my longer posts, referring to a three-day-long and still-continuing outage for member-sign-ins at a public library web site, may never have arrived here. You will not miss that post, unless you've been using that library's web site. Another post, regarding Vince the Younger and his wife, ran off, never to be seen again.

Meanwhile, access to this site has dramatically improved, and that is what this thread is all about.

Ken

[ 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Ken Viewer ]

Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All that I ask is that if this board gets hacked and crashes that when we all have to re-register I get to keep my Member # (8)! It has become my calling card and identity here on WCMB!

[Wink]

[ 11-03-2010, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Larry ]

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Larry for number 8. Vote Larry!!!

--------------------

okstampede
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working much better than the last 3 days on my end.

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

CONAN
Member # 3659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CONAN         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working for me now! Thanks for fixing the prob CM. Looking forward to your boxing recaps this weekend!
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Dave fixed it, I just sent him a lotta emails.

--------------------

PWH Info
Member # 28266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWH Info     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only been able to get back on as of today.
BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
working great finally

Thanks to Dave

--------------------
Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have ~ James Baldwin

I will never apologize for who I am! Do you really think I care what you think about me? You obviously don't know me.

Flaco from CA
Member # 9810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flaco from CA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin:
So there are posts disappearing? I'm not losing my mind?

(If anyone ignores the first question and answers the second question in the affirmative, I shall beat said poster right in the nose. [Razz] )

I lost a post, in the Jamarcus Russell thread

--------------------
"spider and heights"

DaveK
Administrator
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaveK   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, we seem to be back, and on a different and better performing server. Hosting company (godaddy) was very apologetic, and they should be, since they started the whole problem by moving the site as part of a "load balancing" effort.

We'll keep monitoring performance......

DaveK

Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Working fine on my end--as of late yesterday afternoon. Thanks Dave for your efforts.

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DaveK:
Ok, we seem to be back, and on a different and better performing server. Hosting company (godaddy) was very apologetic, and they should be, since they started the whole problem by moving the site as part of a "load balancing" effort.

DaveK

I forgive them...

-

loadedboot (originally from MS)
Member # 3966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loadedboot (originally from MS)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff n Texas:
quote:

DaveK

I forgive them...

-

Not a racing fan, so I don't know this young lady. She looks like she's 13 years old!

--------------------
"Nothin' in this boot but a foot and five toes!" - Dr X

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Danica Patrick. Age 28. Not jailbait, but married. So it would be "gunpowder" bait, to be exact.
Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

DaveK

I hereby nominate DaveK for both TIME: MAN OF THE YEAR and for the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE!!!

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd sure as heck be willing to buy him a Sprite, or a Frosty from Wendy's!!

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations