WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » The WORST Stable Ever in Wrestling (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The WORST Stable Ever in Wrestling
tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Calloway:
quote:
Originally posted by C.C. Milani from NY:
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:
Originally posted by C.C. Milani from NY:
All IIRC...

In 1987 the old Alabama territory had a four-man heel stable of Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Dutch Mantell, and someone else.

At the same time World Class had a stable with Brian Adidas, Eric Embry, Frankie Lancaster, and Vince Apollo.

What made the stables so bad was they were OBVIOUSLY attempts for these small-time territories were trying to create their own version of the Four Horsemen, and it just made both groups look even more bush league.

I believe the 4th man in the Continental group was Tom Prichard. But you're right, they came off like a total rip off.
I didn't do a good job expressing myself. It wasn't a total ripoff. If it had been 100 times better, we could just call it a total ripoff and be done with it.

The Alabama guys were shown getting out of a limo wearing inexpensive looking jackets and ties, and had models with them. The Texas guys would talk about driving the finest cars, attracting the finest women, etc. In both cases it looked like junior high kids pretending to be the Horsemen, except that they were grown men.

They also looked like a collection of dopey wrestling school marks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of some of those wrestlers. It just wasn't their finest hour, to say the least.

When Robert Fuller re started the Stud Stable gimmick in '87 it was Fuller, Golden, and Mantell. Shortly afterwards Wendall Cooley joined when he turned heel. When that heel turn failed big time Wendall became a good guy again and the stable stayed as a 3 man unit with Golden, Fuller, and Mantell. Prichard was a good guy during this time and was never apart of the Stable.
I think Ron Fuller, Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, and Tom Prichard formed a version of the Stud Stable in 1986 before they turned face to battle Kevin Sullivan and his army of crazies. The group had a much less Horsemen inspired look and feel in comparison to the later version.
IP: Logged
Mr. Iron Anderson
Member # 26852

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Iron Anderson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Taking everything into account, the NWO HANDS DOWN.
Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Dangerous Alliance had two young charismatic guys with a few other out-of-shape oldies.
Anderson, Eaton & Rude are/were all within 4 months of the same age. Austin was really the only young guy in the stable, at the beginning of 1992 he was 27, Zbyszko was 38. The others were all 33. Heyman was only 26 but looked about 10 years older.
heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rude and Austin carried The Dangerous Alliance.
Kicking Zybzyzko out angle lasted for months and was weak when it happened.

The Dungeon of Doom stands out though as really really bad.

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

Old School Drew from NY
Member # 1981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old School Drew from NY         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the Faces of Fear? For some reason I HATED(not in the typical heel heat) this group. What I hated most was we got the worst Starrcade main event in history out of it with Hulk Hogan defending against Brutus "the Butcher" Beefcake. Peee uuuuuuuuuuu!
Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heinoushorseman1986:
Rude and Austin carried The Dangerous Alliance.
Kicking Zybzyzko out angle lasted for months and was weak when it happened.

Totally disagree. To me, the main factors were Rude and the Enforcers (Arn & Larry). And frankly, I think that was really Larry's best run in years, maybe even since his Bruno feud.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enforcers basically ended when the Dangerous Alliance was formed as Arn started teaming with Eaton. Zbyszko became "the Cruncher" and adopted a Buddy Roberts-like role of being the guy from the stable to do the job.
Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Enforcers basically ended when the Dangerous Alliance was formed as Arn started teaming with Eaton. Zbyszko became "the Cruncher" and adopted a Buddy Roberts-like role of being the guy from the stable to do the job.

did they? my memory's off I guess. I remember the whole deal with the two of them assaulting Windham at his car, thought that was pretty far into the DA run. Oh well.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Mon-Ray-Al
Member # 3439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-Ray-Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:
quote:
The Dangerous Alliance had two young charismatic guys with a few other out-of-shape oldies.
Anderson, Eaton & Rude are/were all within 4 months of the same age. Austin was really the only young guy in the stable, at the beginning of 1992 he was 27, Zbyszko was 38. The others were all 33. Heyman was only 26 but looked about 10 years older.
They just didn't fit, they looked like a mis-match of several wrestlers. They should have gone all GQ with charismatic, good-looking young-looking wrestlers like Rude and Austin, Scott Hall and Shane Douglas. And then have Arn form a stable of badass unshaved crazies with him, Buzz Sawyer, Mick Foley, etc...

--------------------
THE FIRE WITHIN

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madison Carter from TX:
quote:

did they? my memory's off I guess. I remember the whole deal with the two of them assaulting Windham at his car, thought that was pretty far into the DA run. Oh well.
The show they attacked Windham at was Halloween Havoc 1991 IIRC. That's the same show Rude debuted on.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NWO 2000- It just sucked and the NWO gimmick at that point was just beyond stale. Not to mention all the guys in the stable were injured, Hall-injured, Bret-injured, Steiner-injured, Nash-injured, Jarrett was the only guy that wasn't injured.

Just recently you have to add the Corre to the conversation.

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

martini
Member # 33060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Get Ribbed at Abdullah's:
[QB] [QUOTE]Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
[qb] All the stables they had in the WWF in the late 90's with Savio Vega whatever his group was called and DOA, they feuded forever and I don't recall one good match at all.

i liked the guy in savio's stable that always wore a sweater under his wifebeater..

as for me, i'd have to say the wcw one with deadeye dick and teddy long's wcw stable (ice train, jim powers, bobby walker) comes to mind as the worst.

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by martini:
quote:
[qb] All the stables they had in the WWF in the late 90's with Savio Vega whatever his group was called and DOA, they feuded forever and I don't recall one good match at all.

i liked the guy in savio's stable that always wore a sweater under his wifebeater..

as for me, i'd have to say the wcw one with deadeye dick and teddy long's wcw stable (ice train, jim powers, bobby walker) comes to mind as the worst.

I think you're talking about Miguel Perez Jr., he wasn't too bad in the ring actually.

--------------------

Darling Fascist Bullyboy
Member # 4287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darling Fascist Bullyboy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
quote:
quote:

I think you're talking about Miguel Perez Jr., he wasn't too bad in the ring actually.
He did some pretty amazing stuff for his size, like the first Space Flying Tiger Drop on American TV. (In SMW, of all places!)

--------------------
If this is an Obama recovery, I'd hate to see an Obama recession!

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The House of Humperdink in 1982 had a strong lineup with Ivan Koloff, Greg Valentine, Paul Jones, Leroy Brown, Jos Leduc and others. However by the spring of 1983 Humperdink was only managing One Man Gang & Kelly Kiniski.
martini
Member # 33060

Icon 1 posted      Profile for martini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
quote:
quote:

And his sweater was great.. lol..
CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Add Dixie Carter's terrible stable

--------------------

Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rzombie61108 from IL:
quote:
Originally posted by JOEY:
quote:
Originally posted by jkeats:
What about that awful incarnation of the Horsemen with Flair, Butch Reed, Kendall Windham, Michael Hayes and Hiro Matsuda?

Not that the wrestlers in it were bad on their own for the most part but it's like they just picked names out of a hat

Ummm... I've heard of all the Horsemen from Mongo to Matsuda, but I've never, EVER heard of this incarnation... What were you smoking in 1990-ish?
This little excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on the Four Horsemen may help explain what jkeats is referring to:

Flair, Windham, and Dillon continued to refer to themselves as "the Horsemen" and the NWA even flirted with the idea of bringing in new members. Butch Reed was signed to wrestle solo matches with Dillon as his manager. Then in February 1989, Barry's brother Kendall Windham appeared to have joined them and even held up the four fingers after turning on Eddie Gilbert during a tag team match. Then Dillon left to take a front office job with the WWF, and they dropped the Horsemen name, hiring Hiro Matsuda as their new manager and changing their name to Yamazaki Corporation.

The story was that they had fired Dillon because they blamed him for Ricky Steamboat pinning Flair in the tag match on TBS where Eddie Gilbert introduced him as his mystery partner. Their contracts were then purchased by Matsuda and they became property of the Yamazaki Corporation, playing off what was happening in the real world with the Japanese buying up America. Matsuda also took on Butch Reed, who as mentioned was also managed by Dillon. Michael Hayes got involved with Matsuda later on, turning on Lex Luger during a tag team match against the Windhams.

It all just eventually faded off into the night as everybody who was part of Matsuda's stable drifted away from him. Barry left almost right after Hayes turned and went to the WWF. As the Flair-Steamboat feud progressed, I believe Hiro became absent altogether. If not, he was done with Flair for sure by WrestleWar when Ric turned babyface after being attacked by Terry Funk. And while Matsuda was at ringside for the U.S. title match between Luger and Hayes at that same event, Jim Ross mentioned that it was basically just as a formality because he and Hayes really hadn't been seen together. Terry Gordy showed up to help Hayes win the title and from there they joined up with Jimmy Garvin to form the new Freebirds, officially marking the end of Matsuda's time with Hayes and his managerial run altogether.

Aside from all that, Hiro also helped Gary Hart introduce the Great Muta to the promotion, but I don't think he ever officially served as a manager for him.

Herd72
Member # 107695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Herd72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it has to be "Raven's Flock" in WCW
Actually some pretty talented workers there but Lord they were boring.
Horace Hogan (No talent - riding Terry's Name)
Sick Boy (Power Plant drop out)
Ron Reese (Big but clumsy as heck)
Van Hammer (Worse than the other gimmick - 'Nuff said)
Lodi (Carried signs to promote The Flock to ringside)
Kenyon (Tried to join as Mortis, unmasked and got in!)
Kidman ( using a Heroin addict gimmick? Really
Riggs (Raven put out his eye so he followed him blindly,)
Perry Saturn (Left the flock for the Moppie gimmick)
Stevie Richards (Failed a physical and got booted out)
And of course Raven (JJ gave him his own set of Raven's Rules to compete under)?

Wolverine
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolverine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Million Dollar Corporation was kind of dire. If they had just stuck to Bigelow, Sid, and i'd even accept Kama (ie, all the power wrestlers), it could have worked. but they kept overloading it with guys like volkoff, bundy, and IRS. 123 Kid and Austin were decent additions to the group, but they didnt really do anything substantial while they were in there.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan P-170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Herd72:
And of course Raven (JJ gave him his own set of Raven's Rules to compete under)?

Saturn didn't start with the Moppy gimmick until he got to the WWF. Maybe you're confusing him with Chavo, Jr. who had Pepe the Wooden Horse. A lot of my memory of latter era WCW is blocked out, but I think it was maybe Saturn who threw Pepe into the wood chipper.

And was it really implied at the time that Kidman was addicted to Heroin? I heard that years later, and I remember him scratching himself all the time, but from what I recall they said that all the scratching was on acount that he had stopped bathing when he joined the Flock.

[ 02-21-2014, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: Dan P-170 ]

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kidman, almost certainly with input from Raven, was definitely working an implied heroin junkie gimmick, but I think those guys were doing it on the sly with the likes of Bischoff and the announcers not clued in and too naive to get it. Bischoff and Standards and Practices at Turner Broadcasting didn't even catch on that Scott Vick's gimmick name, Sick Boy, was the same name as a junkie in the book and movie "Trainspotting". That was even more above ground than Kidman, but it skated by.
JWLPromoter from FL
Member # 3978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWLPromoter from FL   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No. He was Horace Boulder, and sometimes they just called him Horace. He didn't become Horace Hogan until he joined the NWO.

quote:
Kanyon (Tried to join as Mortis, unmasked and got in!)

Lodi's gimmick was based on Sign Guy Dudley, which Raven had also created. Stevie Richards held signs at ringside during his brief WCW run.

There were several months between when Mortis tried to join the Flock and when Kanyon actually joined.

quote:

He didn't start the Moppy gimmick until 2001 in WWE. That is, over two years and a whole other promotion later. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Rash at the Beach:
Right to Censor

They had the Worst entrance music in the game!

Well, DUH! That was part of the idea, to make people dread their appearances. It was SUPPOSED to be hard to listen to, since it wouldn't have worked otherwise.

--------------------
"BANG BANG!"

"Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it."- George Santayana

"...the strongest force in the world is a woman!"- Jimmy Hart

The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!

Your uncrowned IWA World Heavyweight Champion

The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was the name of the Boy Band Gimmick WCW did for a while? They have to be on the list.

I remember Ralphus wanted to join them.

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

quote:
Originally posted by The Eagle 2 from FL:
What was the name of the Boy Band Gimmick WCW did for a while? They have to be on the list.

I remember Ralphus wanted to join them.

3 Count, it was actually Tank Abbott that wanted to join them, yep, that Russo what a marketing genius

[ 02-22-2014, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: CJ in Savannah ]

--------------------

Martin Prince
Member # 101885

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine:
The Million Dollar Corporation was kind of dire. If they had just stuck to Bigelow, Sid, and i'd even accept Kama (ie, all the power wrestlers), it could have worked. but they kept overloading it with guys like volkoff, bundy, and IRS. 123 Kid and Austin were decent additions to the group, but they didnt really do anything substantial while they were in there.

quote:
Originally posted by Conkargoldor II:
DiBiase's WWF stable. Bigelow, Tatanka, Ringmaster and so on. Not that they sucked per se, just that in a promotion where nearly everyone won a belt, I don't think any of DiBiase's ever won one whilst he managed them.

Personally, I feel the main problem with the stable was DiBiase himself. As a wrestler, he was excellent at promos and generating heat, but as a manager, he couldn't transfer that heat to those in his stable.

The fans would want to see Ted get his comeuppance, and due to his disability insurance, that wasn't going to happen (think that's why they resorted to having Henry Godwin slop him, so that the fans were gratified that he would suffer some sort of retribution).

But they didn't really care about who he was managing, as they were just seen as flunkies for the 'Million Dollar Man'. This was as true for the likes of Kama and Tatanka as it was for the likes of Waltman and Austin.

Ridgeway(VA.)RedPittman
Member # 4975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ridgeway(VA.)RedPittman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim Cornette's Dynasty of Champions in Chattanooga. It consisted of NFC III, David Novak and Frank Morrell.
Rod Trongard's Hair
Member # 26742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Trongard's Hair     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devastation Incorporated which seemed to be made up of whatever heels were at the show that day.

--------------------
Don't Flip Your Wig

Chaotic Cold
Member # 72173

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaotic Cold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is the Dangerous Alliance even up for debate in this thread?

The worst stable has to be one that took good wrestlers that you cared about and made them worse. It's also not one that just randomly linked up a bunch of jobbers. (Although I might make an exception with The Oddities or anything involving ICP.)

The Filthy Animals comes to mind. I liked all of them (minus K-Dog pre-LAX) on their own as legitimate cruiser weight wrestlers before they were grouped up, given a dumb name, and turned into practical jokers. Same could be said with MIA, but I didn't care about them either way.

quote:
Originally posted by Neal Snow:
That Memphis group led by Brickhouse Brown in 1987. They were the ----'s.

This made me legitimately laugh out loud multiple times. How could this possibly be the worst? So awesome. This is pure awesomeness. Don Bass was the people's champion before DDP and The Rock.

quote:
Originally posted by JWLPromoter from FL:

The No Limit Soldiers: Swoll, 4X4, Rey Misterio Jr., Konnan, BA [Brad Armstrong] and Chase Tatum [RIP]. Yes, folks, even guys as talented as Rey Misterio Jr. and Brad Armstrong can get involved with something that sucked.

I forgot about this. What a terrible group. Even though it was bad, I was able to forget about it, thus making it not worthy of the title of "worst stable ever."

quote:
Originally posted by halloweenhavoc89:
Right to Censor

Honorable Mentions
The Union
No Limit Soldiers
Corporate Ministry
Job Squad
Oddities - I enjoyed Kurgan for some reason.

Thanks Vince for all the garbage over the years. Luckily I missed most of this stuff other than the occasional "I'm home early let me channel surf" days.

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer to Fall:
The list starts and ends with the Dungeon of Doom.

As bad as the Dungeon was, they gave us the Sullivan vs Pillman and Benoit feuds, which were awesome at the time. Then again, considering the real life consequences of all of that, it really wasn't worth it.

quote:

Raven, Saturn, and later Kanyon carried the group. The rest were there just for the visual. They were great. So many good promos by Raven. His absolute best period on the mic.
Dan P-170
Member # 32

quote:
Originally posted by JWLPromoter from FL:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Herd72:
[qb] Perry Saturn (Left the flock for the Moppie gimmick)

He didn't start the Moppy gimmick until 2001 in WWE. That is, over two years and a whole other promotion later. [Roll Eyes]

I already mentioned that, but thanks anyway.

And what's with the snide sarcasm and eyerolling? So he was mistaken. At least he probably knows what David Von Erich looks like.

Mon-Ray-Al
Member # 3439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-Ray-Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

To me the Flock didn't matter who was in it cause it was such a strong concept under a strong Leader who was himself a unique character.

It was basically Raven and the freaks that were helping him. The attraction was Raven and he was such a fresh new character in his prime, that's all people wanted to see.

--------------------
THE FIRE WITHIN

Mr. Mikoboshi
Member # 115341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Mikoboshi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about stables from Japan, Mexico, and other places?
Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any stable led by Paul Jones.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three Count

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

Mr.Buchannan
Member # 104779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Buchannan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dungeon of Doom may be the worst. . .

I have a soft spot for the York Foundation just because the concept of Alexandra York was SOOOO good and ahead of its time (the fact she was uncomfortable on camera somehow actually made her more believable and added to her character. . .I mean she was a nerdy tech wiz and no different than the female villains in RoboCop 2 or Superman 3) but the wrestlers they didn't push Taylor enough and Landel/Eaton with the group would have worked out better than Rich/Morton, plus she needed to keep Mr. Hughes.

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Buchannan:
Dungeon of Doom may be the worst. . .

I have a soft spot for the York Foundation just because the concept of Alexandra York was SOOOO good and ahead of its time (the fact she was uncomfortable on camera somehow actually made her more believable and added to her character. . .I mean she was a nerdy tech wiz and no different than the female villains in RoboCop 2 or Superman 3) but the wrestlers they didn't push Taylor enough and Landel/Eaton with the group would have worked out better than Rich/Morton, plus she needed to keep Mr. Hughes.

Terri Runnels looked way hotter as Alexander York than she did as Marlena or when she dressed like a stripper every week on Raw.

--------------------

Pink And Black Attack
Member # 6037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink And Black Attack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answer is obviously Larry's Legends from the 1990 AWA Team Challenge Series.

(And yes I know I'm stretching the definition a bit.)

And I know everyone has their opinion; but I can't see the dislike of the Dangerous Alliance. I loved them, and I think the veterans and the young up and comers complimented each other well. Also, Rude's unmasking and reveal was awesome.

Go Milkman. [Razz]

--------------------
The Pink & Black Attack is back, baby!!

Someone from Rwanda
Member # 22010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Someone from Rwanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never minded DOA, Los Boricuas, or the 1998 NWA faction that showed up in the WWF (though I could have done without Holly and Gunn refering to themselves as the Midnight Express). WWF weekly TV was usually solid from 1997 to 2000 so I didn't have an issue with any of this.

Now The Dungeon of Doom, along later with many of the thrown together WCW groups Russo thought of in 99/00 were some of the worst.

I may have missed it, but what was all the young generic WCW heels like Stasiak, Jintrak, O'Hare etc known as?

[ 03-04-2014, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: Someone from Rwanda ]

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by halloweenhavoc89:
Right to Censor

Honorable Mentions
The Union
No Limit Soldiers
Corporate Ministry
Job Squad
Oddities - I enjoyed Kurgan for some reason.

I was surprised to recently learn SWOLL actual did some AWA and New Japan shots in 1991 before quitting until WCW called offered 100,000's a year to work with Master P.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a national scale, I hated Dudes With Attitude. Maybe I'm in the minority but they just came off hokie, IMO.

[ 05-17-2017, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: The Coach ]

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations