WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » The WORST Stable Ever in Wrestling (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The WORST Stable Ever in Wrestling
okstampede
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No mention of the York Foundation yet? I could partially buy Terry Taylor as a corporate flunky, but Rich and Morton? No way they were believable. Or interesting. And to turn those three into an uninteresting group took some Russo-istic doing.

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

IP: Logged
rzombie61108 from IL
Member # 2041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rzombie61108 from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JOEY:
quote:
Originally posted by jkeats:
What about that awful incarnation of the Horsemen with Flair, Butch Reed, Kendall Windham, Michael Hayes and Hiro Matsuda?

Not that the wrestlers in it were bad on their own for the most part but it's like they just picked names out of a hat

Ummm... I've heard of all the Horsemen from Mongo to Matsuda, but I've never, EVER heard of this incarnation... What were you smoking in 1990-ish?
This little excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on the Four Horsemen may help explain what jkeats is referring to:

Flair, Windham, and Dillon continued to refer to themselves as "the Horsemen" and the NWA even flirted with the idea of bringing in new members. Butch Reed was signed to wrestle solo matches with Dillon as his manager. Then in February 1989, Barry's brother Kendall Windham appeared to have joined them and even held up the four fingers after turning on Eddie Gilbert during a tag team match. Then Dillon left to take a front office job with the WWF, and they dropped the Horsemen name, hiring Hiro Matsuda as their new manager and changing their name to Yamazaki Corporation.

--------------------
My names is Raymond Luxury Yacht, but it's pronounced Throatwarbler Mangrove.

NJRob65
Member # 8265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NJRob65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by okstampede:
No mention of the York Foundation yet? I could partially buy Terry Taylor as a corporate flunky, but Rich and Morton? No way they were believable. Or interesting. And to turn those three into an uninteresting group took some Russo-istic doing.

I agree, would have been better if Mike Rotundo-Michael Wallstreet-had stayed. I remember "Robert" Eaton trying to join them, and being rejected for constantly screwing up, in another lame angle.
Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NJRob65:
quote:

I agree, would have been better if Mike Rotundo-Michael Wallstreet-had stayed. I remember "Robert" Eaton trying to join them, and being rejected for constantly screwing up, in another lame angle.
Was that Eaton or was that Buddy Landell? Eaton was in the middle of a pretty big face push during most of The York Foundation's existance. Also, they were still sort of around when he turned heel again and joined The Dangerous Alliance.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Erik from PU
Member # 8376

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Erik from PU     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ares:
The Cabinet (JBL, The Bashams, Orlando Jordon, Amy Weber) They were prominent during 2004-2005 era of Smackdown.

Basically a stable of mis-booked talent that no one wanted see.

As bad as the Cabinet was, any stable with Amy Weber in it can't be the worst ever.

--------------------
CHAMPIONSHIP PRICES WILL PREVAIL $2.00-$3.00-$5.00

wrestlefan2
Member # 1147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrestlefan2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the Paul Jones Army was pretty lame, although he did have Rude and Fernandez for a time and were good, there was a time where it consisted of Tejo Kahn, Shaska Whatley. Also, there was a time where Eaton looked like he might join the York Foundation but he turned face when they had a split following a tag match. Also, on the one youtube channel they are up to the spring 1991 WCW and it looked like they were thinking of having Zybyszko join, and probably becoming Lawerence Zybyszko but that ended up being dropped.
Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe I forgot to mention the Paul Jones Army. Awful in every way. The fact that they had a 17 year feud with Jimmy Valiant didn't help matters either.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Ordell
Member # 6033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ordell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raging Staff in New Japan. Other than heat machine Shiro Koshinaka, and maybe the past-his-prime-but-still-decent Kuniaki Kobayashi, that group was the biggest bunch of stiffs in NJPW and nowhere near the caliber of the rest of that company.
the bear
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Teddy LOngs stable in 1995/96 ish -

Teddy Long
Hardwork Bobby Walker
Craig Pittman
Jumping Joey Maggs
Jim Powers

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

Moondog from WA
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moondog from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1980's Vancouver All Star Wrestling: Tomko's Army
Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Teddy Long group mentioned above looks pretty bad--but yeah, Paul Jones (an awful manager)had a pretty poor crew.

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

Mon-Ray-Al
Member # 3439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-Ray-Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heinoushorseman1986:
In 1992 in WCW,I thought nobody cared at all about The Dangerous Alliance but they had great talent.
I thought from a singles standpoint only Rude and Austin were top guys while AA,Eaton and Zbyszko were past their prime as top singles guys.

I always thought this was on odd group. They had the potential to be a Horsemen-type group(I guess that was the intent) but it didn't quite "gelled" right. It's like all those nWo invasion groups that have came out since 1996. None of them have worked and it should never be repeated.

The Dangerous Alliance had two young charismatic guys with a few other out-of-shape oldies. That's the image that came through anyway. They should have gone total GQ and made them a bunch of young wild studs. Scott Hall flirting with the group for a while was the right idea. They could have added Shane Douglas too. And the Fantastics after a heel turn. And throw out Anderson, Zbysko and Eaton.

Other bad stables:

The Alliance(ECW and WCW rejects). Such a bad angle.

The Right to Censors in the WWF. Bring in a bunch of charismatic guys and make them bland and boring and have them wear the same bland colors.

--------------------
THE FIRE WITHIN

okstampede
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cornette Fan:
quote:
quote:

Was that Eaton or was that Buddy Landell? Eaton was in the middle of a pretty big face push during most of The York Foundation's existance. Also, they were still sort of around when he turned heel again and joined The Dangerous Alliance.

Later,
Nate

I believe Eaton was paired with the YF in tag matches by "WCW officials" rather than a mutual union. Eaton didn't care for Alexandra and she didn't care for him which led to the face turn after a few matches. Landel wanted to join to get cozy with Alexandra as much as anything and when he kept blowing matches after boasting he would win, he was "unconsidered."

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

Billy The P
Member # 4259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy The P   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cornette Fan:
quote:
quote:

Later,
Nate

I believe Eaton was paired with the YF in tag matches by "WCW officials" rather than a mutual union. Eaton didn't care for Alexandra and she didn't care for him which led to the face turn after a few matches. Landel wanted to join to get cozy with Alexandra as much as anything and when he kept blowing matches after boasting he would win, he was "unconsidered."
Pretty funny...Landel's still trying to get cozy with 'Alexandra" to this day...hahaha.

--------------------
Check out my new Billy The P page on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=596655100#!/pages/Billy-The-P/119688611376491

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mon-Ray-Al:
The Right to Censors in the WWF. Bring in a bunch of charismatic guys and make them bland and boring and have them wear the same bland colors. [/QB]

While I agree with RTC being a bad stable, they got massive heel heat, so it did work, but eventually it got stale and WWE killed it at the right time.

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gary Hart's "New Age Management" group in World Class during 1987 was horrendous. Jeep Swenson, Vince Apollo, Brian Adias...ugh.
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheik Adnan El-Kaissey's Army after Blackwell & Patera lost the AWA tag belts and left. Actually maybe after Brody and Nord had their run would be more fair. When Brody and Nord left, it really was a bunch of nobody monster types that no ones cared about.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.C. Milani from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All IIRC...

In 1987 the old Alabama territory had a four-man heel stable of Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Dutch Mantell, and someone else.

At the same time World Class had a stable with Brian Adidas, Eric Embry, Frankie Lancaster, and Vince Apollo.

What made the stables so bad was they were OBVIOUSLY attempts for these small-time territories were trying to create their own version of the Four Horsemen, and it just made both groups look even more bush league.

JoeTodaro from CA by way of Buffalo
Member # 8131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeTodaro from CA by way of Buffalo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The WCW Stud Stable was pretty bad too..Robert Fuller doing his Col. Robert Parker gimmick as the manager, Jimmy Golden using his Bunkhouse Buck gimmick, Dick Slater, Meng and then they added Arn Anderson. I just remember when Anderson joined he was "so mean, he'd slap his granny for 50 cents."

--------------------
"Go Bills"

Flaco from CA
Member # 9810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flaco from CA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dudes with Attitudes

--------------------
"spider and heights"

habsfan87 from NL
Member # 8038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for habsfan87 from NL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dungeon of Doom simply because they were pushed as the top heels, battling Hogan and company.
CS
Member # 4568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:
Teddy LOngs stable in 1995/96 ish -

Teddy Long
Hardwork Bobby Walker
Craig Pittman
Jumping Joey Maggs
Jim Powers

I liked this stable. Granted, they never had a chance of winning any substantial matches or being successful, but a stable of jobbers was at least something new. They could've done more with it, of course, but you could say that about almost anything in WCW.

This thread begins and ends with The Dungeon of Doom, which has already been mentioned countless times for obvious reasons. What an embarrassment!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Corporate Ministry yet though. Lots of talent but a pretty lame concept.

The Nexus is pretty bad too. Outside of Barrett and maybe Otunga, does anyone actually give a damn about any of the others in that group? They're just charisma-less cannon fodder.

[ 12-21-2010, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: CS ]

--------------------
"Adversity introduces a man to himself." - Arn Anderson

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

Icon 1 posted      Profile for REO Speeddealer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by C.C. Milani from NY:
All IIRC...

In 1987 the old Alabama territory had a four-man heel stable of Robert Fuller, Jimmy Golden, Dutch Mantell, and someone else.

At the same time World Class had a stable with Brian Adidas, Eric Embry, Frankie Lancaster, and Vince Apollo.

What made the stables so bad was they were OBVIOUSLY attempts for these small-time territories were trying to create their own version of the Four Horsemen, and it just made both groups look even more bush league.

I believe the 4th man in the Continental group was Tom Prichard. But you're right, they came off like a total rip off.
Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never liked Team Madness. 60% of the stable were valets that never did anything.

And Magnificent Seven was after Russo, IIRC. It happened after Russo left and then Bischoff came back to call the shots by default that he was trying to buy the company from Turner.

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Has anyone mentioned The Blue Bloods? Actually when you are talking about Regal, Dave Taylor, and Bobby Eaton, that's not a bad crew. But if they would had added Chris Adams as an official member I would had been a big fan. Regal's treatment of Adams as a "commoner" was a bad idea.
Correct me if I am wrong, but werent they going to (or did they) add Fit Finlay to the group and rename themselves the European Contigency?

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heinoushorseman1986:
In 1992 in WCW,I thought nobody cared at all about The Dangerous Alliance but they had great talent.
I thought from a singles standpoint only Rude and Austin were top guys while AA,Eaton and Zbyszko were past their prime as top singles guys.

No surprise really, that given your history, you would think that someone older then 22 was past their prime. Luckily, your wrong that Eaton, Arn, and Larry Legend were past their prime. Also, luckily you were wrong in your impression that no one cared about them. The DA were only the top heels while Flair was gone.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.C. Milani from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by REO Speeddealer:
quote:
All IIRC...

I believe the 4th man in the Continental group was Tom Prichard. But you're right, they came off like a total rip off.
I didn't do a good job expressing myself. It wasn't a total ripoff. If it had been 100 times better, we could just call it a total ripoff and be done with it.

The Alabama guys were shown getting out of a limo wearing inexpensive looking jackets and ties, and had models with them. The Texas guys would talk about driving the finest cars, attracting the finest women, etc. In both cases it looked like junior high kids pretending to be the Horsemen, except that they were grown men.

They also looked like a collection of dopey wrestling school marks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of some of those wrestlers. It just wasn't their finest hour, to say the least.

Calloway
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calloway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
All IIRC...

I didn't do a good job expressing myself. It wasn't a total ripoff. If it had been 100 times better, we could just call it a total ripoff and be done with it.

The Alabama guys were shown getting out of a limo wearing inexpensive looking jackets and ties, and had models with them. The Texas guys would talk about driving the finest cars, attracting the finest women, etc. In both cases it looked like junior high kids pretending to be the Horsemen, except that they were grown men.

They also looked like a collection of dopey wrestling school marks.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of some of those wrestlers. It just wasn't their finest hour, to say the least.

When Robert Fuller re started the Stud Stable gimmick in '87 it was Fuller, Golden, and Mantell. Shortly afterwards Wendall Cooley joined when he turned heel. When that heel turn failed big time Wendall became a good guy again and the stable stayed as a 3 man unit with Golden, Fuller, and Mantell. Prichard was a good guy during this time and was never apart of the Stable.
Mon-Ray-Al
Member # 3439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon-Ray-Al     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
All the stables they had in the WWF in the late 90's with Savio Vega whatever his group was called and DOA, they feuded forever and I don't recall one good match at all.

Honorable mentions Truth Commission and of course Spirit Squad, that was destined to fail, even though the WWE tried to shove them down our throats.

In typical Russo fashion, they came up with the concept before having the talent to back it up. It's like the opposite of how the Horsemen came to be where you had four great wrestlers who looked at each other thought we're the cream of the cream, we have the same mindset, let's join in. Those gangs in the WWF were filled with jobbers and not talent bores. But Russo had to sell his concept of racial tension and gang war.

--------------------
THE FIRE WITHIN

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mon-Ray-Al:
quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
All the stables they had in the WWF in the late 90's with Savio Vega whatever his group was called and DOA, they feuded forever and I don't recall one good match at all.

Honorable mentions Truth Commission and of course Spirit Squad, that was destined to fail, even though the WWE tried to shove them down our throats.

In typical Russo fashion, they came up with the concept before having the talent to back it up. It's like the opposite of how the Horsemen came to be where you had four great wrestlers who looked at each other thought we're the cream of the cream, we have the same mindset, let's join in. Those gangs in the WWF were filled with jobbers and not talent bores. But Russo had to sell his concept of racial tension and gang war.
At least the Nation of Domination either created stars (Rock, D'lo, and to a certain extent Mark Henry) or rejuvenated careers (Ron SImmons and Charles Wright). The rest of those stables were just garbage.

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

Hardcore Champ
Member # 36057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hardcore Champ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Flaco from Ca:
The Dudes with Attitudes

Good one. The members of that stable were actually pretty decent (Luger, Sting, and old JYD, Orndorff, Steiners), but babyface stables usually just don't work.

I thought the precursor to the oft-mentioned Dungron of Doom, The 3 Faces of Fear were terrible.

How about that group the Desperados, who never to my knowledge actually wrestled together, but had a few semi-coherent skit/promos where they for whatever reason were looking for Stan Hansen.

--------------------
Ooooohhhhh!!! - Dick Graham, WWF Spectrum Wrestling commentator

REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

quote:
Originally posted by Rod Trongard's Glasses:

How about that group the Desperados, who never to my knowledge actually wrestled together, but had a few semi-coherent skit/promos where they for whatever reason were looking for Stan Hansen. [/QB]

WCW @ Columbia, SC - Carolina Coliseum - July 11, 1991
Badstreet, Michael Hayes & Jim Garvin defeated the Desperados

WCW @ Charleston, WV - Civic Center - July 19, 1991
Badstreet, Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin defeated the Desperados

[ 12-22-2010, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: REO Speeddealer ]

Atlas Anaxis the Neck Row Butcher
Member # 483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atlas Anaxis the Neck Row Butcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re the Desperados:

Was it Dutch Mantell, Black Bart and a "Deadeye Dick?"

If the latter is true, who was he?

[ 12-22-2010, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: El Gran Celexa Lúzor ]

--------------------
"Heroes ride...goats walk."
--Charlie Brown

Hardcore Champ
Member # 36057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hardcore Champ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rod Trongard's Glasses:

How about that group the Desperados, who never to my knowledge actually wrestled together, but had a few semi-coherent skit/promos where they for whatever reason were looking for Stan Hansen.

WCW @ Columbia, SC - Carolina Coliseum - July 11, 1991
Badstreet, Michael Hayes & Jim Garvin defeated the Desperados

WCW @ Charleston, WV - Civic Center - July 19, 1991
Badstreet, Michael Hayes & Jimmy Garvin defeated the Desperados [/QB]

I stand corrected.

--------------------
Ooooohhhhh!!! - Dick Graham, WWF Spectrum Wrestling commentator

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Gran Celexa Lúzor:
Re the Desperados:

Was it Dutch Mantell, Black Bart and a "Deadeye Dick?"

If the latter is true, who was he?

Randy Colley, right? Aka one of the Moondogs

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Atlas Anaxis the Neck Row Butcher
Member # 483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atlas Anaxis the Neck Row Butcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Madison:

You're right. Wikipedia can be my friend sometimes.

I dunno, tho....THose three IMO would've been a great six-man team if WCW hadn't stuck them with a "We're of to See Stan Hansen, The Wonderful Wizard of the Lariat" gimmick.

--------------------
"Heroes ride...goats walk."
--Charlie Brown

C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

quote:
No mention of the York Foundation yet?

I never had a problem with it. It served it's purpose as something entertaining for the mid-card.
PeteF3
Member # 1298

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeteF3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The York Foundation would have been better and less half-assed-looking if they'd have gotten Richard Morton to shave his mullet and ditch the R'nR Express tassles for a conservative haircut and business suit attire, a la Michael Wallstreet.
REO Speeddealer
Member # 1534

quote:
Originally posted by PeteF3:
The York Foundation would have been better and less half-assed-looking if they'd have gotten Richard Morton to shave his mullet and ditch the R'nR Express tassles for a conservative haircut and business suit attire, a la Michael Wallstreet.

The Morton turn was weird. Barry Windham (who wasn't even affiliated with the York Foundation) came out during a Morton/Dustin Rhodes tag team match and whispered in Morton's ear. Morton then walked off.
C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

quote:
Originally posted by PeteF3:

Agreed. Landell, Morton, Rich and Taylor didn't exactly look like corporate types with their slicked back ponytails.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations