WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » The WORST Stable Ever in Wrestling (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The WORST Stable Ever in Wrestling
gulascantfoolus
Member # 6964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gulascantfoolus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should be fun,what stable makes you scratch your head and say....WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?????

--------------------
gulascantfoolus is the greatest
user name EVER regardless of any silly contest

IP: Logged
HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert. What do they call the group? X-Factor. What do they call X-Pac's finisher? X-Factor. What did they have in common? X-actly nothing.

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

Troy Lowe
Member # 8575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Lowe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Memphis group led by Brickhouse Brown in 1987. They were the ----'s.

Still Tar Heel, Still William
Member # 14837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still Tar Heel, Still William     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HMFiles from WA:
X-Pac, Justin Credible, and Albert. What do they call the group? X-Factor. What do they call X-Pac's finisher? X-Factor. What did they have in common? X-actly nothing.

Well, you had a heat-killer in X-Pac, a guy who was only over in the old ECW in Justin Credible, and a guy who needed a few more years under his belt in Albert. It's almost like they were booked to suck.

--------------------
I want you to put your hands together, and welcome him to the stage. Big round of applauds for Jackson Heights own, Mr. Randy Watson, YES! Randy Watson!

jkeats
Member # 8667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkeats   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about that awful incarnation of the Horsemen with Flair, Butch Reed, Kendall Windham, Michael Hayes and Hiro Matsuda?

Not that the wrestlers in it were bad on their own for the most part but it's like they just picked names out of a hat

Cone Stold
Member # 19963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cone Stold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Get Ribbed at Abdullah's:
quote:

Well, you had a heat-killer in X-Pac, a guy who was only over in the old ECW in Justin Credible, and a guy who needed a few more years under his belt in Albert. It's almost like they were booked to suck.
Well atleast they successfully executed their booking strategy [Razz]
Member # 14837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still Tar Heel, Still William     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cone Stold:
quote:
Originally posted by Get Ribbed at Abdullah's:
quote:

Well atleast they successfully executed their booking strategy [Razz]
And then some.

--------------------
I want you to put your hands together, and welcome him to the stage. Big round of applauds for Jackson Heights own, Mr. Randy Watson, YES! Randy Watson!

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the stables they had in the WWF in the late 90's with Savio Vega whatever his group was called and DOA, they feuded forever and I don't recall one good match at all.

Honorable mentions Truth Commission and of course Spirit Squad, that was destined to fail, even though the WWE tried to shove them down our throats.

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

Member # 14837

quote:
Originally posted by CJ in Savannah:
All the stables they had in the WWF in the late 90's with Savio Vega whatever his group was called and DOA, they feuded forever and I don't recall one good match at all.

Honorable mentions Truth Commission and of course Spirit Squad, that was destined to fail, even though the WWE tried to shove them down our throats.

Oh yeah, Los Boricuas (or however you spell it). They did have that neverending feud with the DOA. For a while, it seemed like everyone in the WWF not named Austin was part of a group.

--------------------

Age Of Q DMS NYC
Member # 6038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Age Of Q DMS NYC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Misfits In Action. Not so much the wrestlers, just the execution.
All the stupid nicknames,Private Stash, LT. Loco, Sgt. AWOL, General Rection, Col. Cajun,Major Gunns and everybodys favorite, Booker T returning to the GI Bro gimmick.
The MIA were one of Vince Russo's memorable gifts to wrestling.
A lot of talent with a horrible gimmick.

Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DiBiase's WWF stable. Bigelow, Tatanka, Ringmaster and so on. Not that they sucked per se, just that in a promotion where nearly everyone won a belt, I don't think any of DiBiase's ever won one whilst he managed them.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Little Naitch
Member # 31975

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Little Naitch         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MIA is a great shout.

The Magnificent Seven, from WCW in 2001, also sticks out in the mind. I remember Flair being the mouthpiece, which was the only redeeming quality about the faction, and the rest of the group being something like Bagwell, Luger, Animal, The Steiners, and somebody else.

Just a bunch of heels tossed together for no good reason or purpose other to have another stable (a Russo obsession) established.

It died on it's arse of course, just like Russo's stables always have done.

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neal Snow:
That Memphis group led by Brickhouse Brown in 1987. They were the ----'s.

BING!

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

eighities fan
Member # 4361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eighities fan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

For Christmas I hope Santa brings me a triple dvd set of spirit squad matches and also the best of george gulas and big red.
TerryR
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For MIA didn't Van Hammer not want the Private title because it was lower than the others? And then it got changed but no longer made sense? I seem to remember hearing this on some internet show but that was a long time ago.

The Boricuas were a terrible group and my vote. Truth Commission was terrible too but I think the Interrogator is a fantastic name.

Christian Däubler
Member # 27270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Christian Däubler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dungeon of Doom managed to make me as a 13 year old boy, who was just CRAZY about wrestling, feel kinda ashamed that I was actually watching such ****.

[ 09-12-2010, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Christian Däubler ]

--------------------
http://www.wrestlingdata.com
The largest wrestling results database on the net

I am Yo-Yo's roomie
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for I am Yo-Yo's roomie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Los Boricuas and the Spirit Squad. I'm not sure why I took to the Boricuas (probably because I always kinda liked Savio Vega, and I HATED DOA who they were feuding with), but as for the Spirit Squad, I thought they were a talented bunch, and the gimmick was fun.

X-Factor was the first thing that sprang to mind here. EV2.0 have to be worthy of mention though.

--------------------
The 50 Best WWF Wrestlers 1990-2009: http://englishdreambrother.blogspot.com/2009/12/50-greatest-wrestlers-in-wwfe-1990-2009.html

heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 1992 in WCW,I thought nobody cared at all about The Dangerous Alliance but they had great talent.
I thought from a singles standpoint only Rude and Austin were top guys while AA,Eaton and Zbyszko were past their prime as top singles guys.

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

McBrooder
Member # 17393

Icon 1 posted      Profile for McBrooder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Oddities in WWE circa 1997.
heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Spirit Squad has to be at the top of the list.

--------------------
Billy the Kid..

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by heinoushorseman1986:
In 1992 in WCW,I thought nobody cared at all about The Dangerous Alliance but they had great talent.
I thought from a singles standpoint only Rude and Austin were top guys while AA,Eaton and Zbyszko were past their prime as top singles guys.

What? I have never heard anyone ever say that no one cared about The Dangerous Alliance.

Anyway, worst stables EVER?

Nashville World Order - Jeff Jarrett & The Harris Twins (briefly in 2000)
NWO B Team (I count it as a seperate stable) - Stevie Ray, Vincent, Horace, Scott Norton, and Brian Adams
Sports Entertainment Extreme - pretty much everyone that was in TNA in 2002 & 03
Jimmy Hart's WCW First Family - Knobbs, Jerry Flynn, The Barbarian, & Hugh Morrus
The Black Army - Just because it's Rob Black and XPW
Seretonin in TNA - Raven, Kazarian, Michael Shane, and someone else
DOA and Los Boriquas in the WWF

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

X-Pac competed in some "baby bottle/diaper" matches in 1996 and Justin Credible once had a gimmick where he wore a diaper on his head.

So they got that in common.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One Warrior Nation

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Billy The P
Member # 4259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy The P   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the Memphis chapter of the Nation Of Domination in 1997? I think that the members were PG-13, Spellbinder and *deep breath* Randy Hales...

--------------------
Check out my new Billy The P page on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=596655100#!/pages/Billy-The-P/119688611376491

Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally--I liked Prince Brickhouse Brown's stable in Memphis in '87. Found them entertaining.

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

Troy Lowe
Member # 8575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troy Lowe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Billy The P:
How about the Memphis chapter of the Nation Of Domination in 1997? I think that the members were PG-13, Spellbinder and *deep breath* Randy Hales...

Haha, yeah...Randy X. Haha...

and Reggie B. Fine...man, what a GREAT stable.

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Wasn't Tracy Smothers in there too?

--------------------

Bramma23
Member # 7378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bramma23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Union (UPYOURS - The Union of People You Oughta Respect, Son)(yes, really) consisted of Ken Shamrock, Big Show, Test, and Mankind. Despite some noteworthy members, the stable did exactly jackshit and last about 3 weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Union (fourth one down)

That ending date is generous. It was like they gave a name to random tag team couplings and then disbanded them inside of a month.

[ 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM: Message edited by: Bramma23 ]

--------------------
"Mr. Benoit, would you please get your hands off my belt?" Kurt Angle, Raw 3/20/00

"I'm assuming he's dressed the way he is to mock both champion and challenger." Joey Styles, in reference to Steve Austin owning Mikey Whipwreck and Sandman, 10/28/95

JWLPromoter from FL
Member # 3978

Icon 13 posted      Profile for JWLPromoter from FL   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wasn't Tracy Smothers in there too?
Yes, as Shaquille Ali. The USWA arm of the NOD also included Queen Moesha (Jacqueline), Kareem Olajuwon (Reggie B. Fine), Akeem Mohammed (Clarence "Big Black Dog" Glemon), Butch Reed and Del Rios.

I'd add:

James E. Cornette's NWA group in WWE from 1997-1998. Jeff Jarrett, Barry Windham, an aging heel Rock N Roll Express, Dan Severn and (drum roll) "Bombastic" Bob Holly and "Bodacious" Bart Gunn, THE NEW MIDNIGHT EXPRESS! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

The WWE version of the NWO from 2002: Hogan, Hall, Nash, Big Show, X-Pac, Booker T. and Shawn Michaels. I think part of the problem was that Vince announced that they were coming to WWE, where the original NWO in WCW had the element of surprise.

The No Limit Soldiers: Swoll, 4X4, Rey Misterio Jr., Konnan, BA [Brad Armstrong] and Chase Tatum [RIP]. Yes, folks, even guys as talented as Rey Misterio Jr. and Brad Armstrong can get involved with something that sucked.

The Corporate Ministry: Vince, Shane, Bossman, Chyna, HHH, Undertaker, Paul Bearer, the Acolytes [Faarooq and Bradshaw], Mideon [Dennis Knight], Viscera and the Mean Street Posse [Rodney, Pete "Gas" and Joey Abs.] Vince's Corporation and UT's Ministry of Darkness are feuding with each other for months, even though they are all heels. The combined group debuted on the pilot episode of Smackdown!, leading to such stupidities as the "Higher Power" angle, Stephanie becoming an on-screen character and the "magic briefcase" nonsense at KOTR 99.

--------------------
"BANG BANG!"

"Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it."- George Santayana

"...the strongest force in the world is a woman!"- Jimmy Hart

The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!

Your uncrowned IWA World Heavyweight Champion

heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

The Dungeon of Doom sucked for sure.

--------------------
Billy the Kid..

Ares
Member # 17555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ares     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cabinet (JBL, The Bashams, Orlando Jordon, Amy Weber) They were prominent during 2004-2005 era of Smackdown.

Basically a stable of mis-booked talent that no one wanted see.

Big Daddy Meatybone
Member # 708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Daddy Meatybone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Job Squad
The Oddities
Jim Cornette's NWA Group in WWE
Latino World Order

--------------------
~BIG DADDY MEATYBONE
_ _ _ _ _____ _ _ _ _

"If people fall asleep in front of the TV, it still counts as a rating point" ~ Dave Meltzer, 2009

"A draw is like kissing your sister" ~ Larry Nelson, 1987

Rash at the beach
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rash at the beach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right to Censor

They had the Worst entrance music in the game!

Honorable Mentions
The Union
No Limit Soldiers
Corporate Ministry
Job Squad
Oddities - I enjoyed Kurgan for some reason.

--------------------
Promotional Consideration paid for by the following

www.samedayrva.com

Www.blastpods.com

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Here's some more I disliked

The Band-Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, and Bubba the Love SPonge, enough said.

The WCW/ECW Alliance in 2001

Justin Credible's stable in ECW

The New Blood and Millionaire's Club in WCW 2000.

--------------------

Hammer to Fall
Member # 6145

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hammer to Fall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list starts and ends with the Dungeon of Doom.

The No Limit Soldiers were bad, but at least they pulled the plug on them fairly quickly; the Dungeon of Doom stayed around for about 18 months. It gave us such memorable moments as The Giant-Hogan monster truck match, the cage match at Uncensored in 1996, and The Yeti. I think it was the DoD who did the last one.

--------------------
Cut the engine
And sail right into the sun

davephlegmball
Member # 5163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for davephlegmball     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frankenrogers 2:
For MIA didn't Van Hammer not want the Private title because it was lower than the others? And then it got changed but no longer made sense?

That is correct. He had it changed to Major Stash for just that reason. What a d-bag.
JWLPromoter from FL
Member # 3978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWLPromoter from FL   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Big Daddy Meatybone:
The Job Squad
The Oddities
Jim Cornette's NWA Group in WWE
Latino World Order

I liked the J.O.B. Squad, the Oddities and the LWO. [Mad]

--------------------
"BANG BANG!"

"Those who cannot remember history are condemned to repeat it."- George Santayana

"...the strongest force in the world is a woman!"- Jimmy Hart

The George The Animal Steele Fan Page!

Your uncrowned IWA World Heavyweight Champion

The Mississippi Mauler mark II
Member # 1561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mississippi Mauler mark II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Dungeon of Doom sucked for sure.

This was who I was thinking of.

--------------------
"The best fine producer in our tournament was a guy from Tennessee named Moondog Randy Colley. He'd spent a few years in the WWF as part of the Moondogs tag team and claimed to have invented the leather-clad face-painted gimmick of Demolition, which Vince then stole from him. I liked Demolition better when they were called the Road Warriors anyway.", Chris Jericho from A Lion's Tale

KJL
Member # 3872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KJL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cornette Fan:
quote:

What? I have never heard anyone ever say that no one cared about The Dangerous Alliance.
I've always thought that that group and the way they were booked helped keep WCW watchable and not too far in the red.

--------------------
"Jeez, the thread was going better when people were calling each other cokeheads and homos." -Crimson Mask from FL

JOEY
Member # 789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jkeats:
What about that awful incarnation of the Horsemen with Flair, Butch Reed, Kendall Windham, Michael Hayes and Hiro Matsuda?

Not that the wrestlers in it were bad on their own for the most part but it's like they just picked names out of a hat

Ummm... I've heard of all the Horsemen from Mongo to Matsuda, but I've never, EVER heard of this incarnation... What were you smoking in 1990-ish?

--------------------
"Ain't no doubt about it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!" -"Sweet and Sour" Larry Sweeney 27 time ICW-ICWA Texarkana Television Champion

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations