WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling & General Discussion 2010 - Current » Evelyn Stevens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Evelyn Stevens
Wade Grooms
Member # 9485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Grooms     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What can you guys tell me about Evelyn Stevens? I know she's in prison for manslaughter for killing her husband. What's the story behind that?

She's also a former Women's champ. How good was she in the ring?

--------------------
I'm 100% self taught...

"The GC of Wade Grooms."

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I from FL
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wade Grooms:
What can you guys tell me about Evelyn Stevens? I know she's in prison for manslaughter for killing her husband.

She is? I mean, I don't know that she's NOT, but news to me.

She used to date Don Jardine.

[Confused] in the Sunshine State...
Wade Grooms
Member # 9485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wade Grooms     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's on Online World of Wrestling, so I assume that it's true.

--------------------
I'm 100% self taught...

"The GC of Wade Grooms."

BlondBomber
Member # 2079

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlondBomber   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall hearing that she had actually been married to Don Jardine. Anyone know if that's true?
Brad from OWW
Member # 5928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brad from OWW   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://wrestlingclassics.com/cgi-bin/.ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=0655 22;p=2

Tom Burke posts about why she is in prison.

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Burke:
[QB]Wrestlers that did time that I know of are:

Evelyn Stevens, former Texas Woman's Champion also for manslaughter - her husband. Am unsure if she is still in prison or not.

[QB]

--------------------
... Brad Dykens
http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com

TexasWrestling
Member # 62768

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TexasWrestling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call myself Texas Wrestling because I grew up as a teenager in the 1980’s in San Antonio. I was a fan of Southwest Championship Wrestling and World Class Wrestling and actually saw live wrestling events.

I saw Evelyn Stevens successfully defended the Texas Women’s title at Harlandale Stadium in summer of 1984. She was in Southwest Wrestling and was part of Jonathan Boyd’s Commonwealth Army. Her title defense match was one of the fiercest women’s matches that I had ever seen. The audience was captivated and the match looked very real. My brother and father told me her top came off and her breast was exposed. I did not see this because every one was standing up. I can say this match was worked better than today’s Diva’s and men’s matches.

The match at Harlandale had Adrian Adonis defend his World title against Dick Murdoch. Dick Murdoch allegedly won. The fans were shouting that Adrian Adonis needs a bra because his breast were hanging out like women's breast. Dick Murdoch allegedly won and a live ambulance came to carry off Adrain Adonis. I was at ringside and those punches and hits sounded real.

As for Evelyn killing her husband, it was in the news in San Antonio. My dad owned a CPA firm and was doing her husband’s taxes. Her husband was a body builder who owned a gym. She killed him out of jealousy. She thought he was having an affair, I cannot confirm if he was or was not. She certainly depicted herself as one mean woman in Southwest Wrestling.

[ 01-24-2012, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: TexasWrestling ]

dw
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Husband's name was Frank Reigel(sp?). Last I heard, Evelyn was ill with cancer and in a wheelchair while serving a life sentence. It's a fairly nasty story,(as I imagine most spousal murders can be) and all these years later, I know I'll have forgotten something. I do remember Evelyn shot Frank in the face, and the story is all downhill from there.

--------------------
It may be my sole purpose in life is, quite simply, to serve as a bad example to others.

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tragic tale.

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

Chrisbrgstrm from OR
Member # 7948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chrisbrgstrm from OR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She was actually married to Don Jardine before she married Frank Riegle, i have newspaper clippings.

--------------------
DXellence - Wrestling's newest and greatest wrestling forum, Fantasy Tournaments, Hall Of Fame, Book and Movie Reviews, Weekly TV Discussion for Raw, Smackdown, TNA Impact and ECW, aswell as discussions involving all things wrestling.

http://dxcellence.muux.org

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like I saw that Stevens won the Women's Title from Moolah & dropped it back to her the following week in the late 70s. The title switches were in Dallas.
daragaki
Member # 5806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daragaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was she married to Rocky Montero ?

ALOHA FROM HAWAII

Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust
Member # 76599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ed Lock from Sydney, Aust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mississippi fan:
Seems like I saw that Stevens won the Women's Title from Moolah & dropped it back to her the following week in the late 70s. The title switches were in Dallas.

G'day Mississippi fan

I have read that Evelyn Stevens defeated Fabulous Moolah for the Women's World Title on 8 October 1978 in Dallas, Texas.

One report states that Moolah regained the championship from Stevens the next day, 9 October 1978, in Fort Worth, Texas.

Cheers!

Ed

Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may have well been. I assumed it was dropped back to Moolah pretty quickly. And the next day is quick as you can get.
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moolah did a similar switch with Sue Green.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations