WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling Posts - July 07 thru 2010 » May 88 St Louis Indy "SuperCard"

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: May 88 St Louis Indy "SuperCard"
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brody vs Blackwell headlined

Spike Huber, Fantastics, John Nord, Chris Adams, Steve Regal, Kamala and midgets are on the undercard

What were the results?

IP: Logged
The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump for anyone who might have details.

j.d. out-

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

stlbrodyfan
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlbrodyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if this is the card you had in mind.. But I was thinking you might be refering to the "Super Wrestling Wars" card that was held at the Fox Theatre. The main event was Brody v. Blackwell and Sam Muchnick was on hand to present Brody with a trophy after his victory. I think this card was in March of 1988. I cant find the results right now but I do know that Nord, Chris Adams, The Fantastics, Kamala (Kimala), and Spike Huber were all on hand.

[ 03-14-2009, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: stlbrodyfan ]

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arnold_OldSchool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that's the card

The Trophy was a ash tray from the Hotel Brody's wifes book reveals

stlbrodyfan
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlbrodyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No luck finding the results for the rest of the card yet. The cover of Larry Matysiks Wrestling At The Chase book features a photo of Sam handing over the "trophy" to Brody.
HarryWhite3
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HarryWhite3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before the card was open to the public for seating, Brody gave about a 45 minute speech on his view of wrestling to a group of Boy Scouts and kids. When he mentioned Hogan kids responded. He also mentions Stan Hansen who never wrestled in St Louis and the young kids were totally blank since this was not a crowd that followed Japanese or indy wrestling. (Hansen did do a Starcade PPV in StL whenever that was.)
The Fox Theatre is an extremely opulent and ornate treasure of a theatre. I thought that it might draw well to see something crazy like wrestling at the Fox but it did not. The matches were good but with a ring on a stage and the crowd in the theatre several feet away it was hard to get heated crowd noise.
Used to have an audio copy of that sppech but DARN it if I did not lose it someplace during a move.

stlbrodyfan
Member # 6195

Thanks to chrisstlouis over on Kayfabe Memories for these results..

Brody pinned Blackwell
Chris Adams beat Kimala by dq
Fantastics beat Firewalkers (masked team)
John Nord beat Ron Powers
Spike Huber beat Steve Regal

There might have been a midget tag team match too.

Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Ron Powers was different than the WCW 1997 Jobber, right?
elijahkareem
Member # 6045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elijahkareem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same guy,he also appeared in Windy City Wrestling,the GWF in which he appeared as Brodie Powers and various other Indy organizations.
Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was March 4, 1988 at the Fox Theatre
Arnold_OldSchool
Member # 5489

Muchnick took part because he was sore at JCP for showing him on TV and implying he was part of JCP in St. Louis during a recent house show promo.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations