WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling Posts - July 07 thru 2010 » Brother Love released

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Brother Love released
Idol I
Member # 4061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idol I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce Prichard must of had a falling out with one of the McMahons...

--------------------
http://TheHistoryofWWE.com/

IP: Logged
KCUser
Member # 6009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Idol I:
Bruce Prichard must of had a falling out with one of the McMahons...

His shoot will turn up soon...

[ 12-02-2008, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: KCUser ]

Idol I
Member # 4061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idol I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it will be biggest most informative no holds barred shoot of all time.

--------------------
http://TheHistoryofWWE.com/

Nontraditional Student
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.

THIS is news.

--------------------
I'm going down to the Greyhound station, gonna get a ticket to ride...

Happ Hazzard
Member # 4893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happ Hazzard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Dr. Tom still work for the WWE?
KCUser
Member # 6009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Happ Hazzard:

He left ages ago.
Infamous
Member # 10021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he had some serious heat earlier this year due to a skit on WWE RAW involving Floyd Mayweather & Big Show to hype WrestleMania 24 that bombed bigtime. I'm not sure if that contributed to it but the seeds may have been planted then.
Joe from CA
Member # 9467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He must of "rubbed the princess the wrong way". Maybe he accidently sat on her hairbrush.

I'm glad he's gone. He's written many bad segments over the years & has no idea how to write a money-drawing storyline

Stomper from SK
Member # 5703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stomper from SK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted this yesterday and it mysteriously disappeared. Hmmmmmm.......

--------------------
"When he's through counting his bruises, he'll revert to the farm life he left in Carbon, Alberta, when he embarked an his wrestling career. The Stomper credits Stu Hart with launching his career and adding polish to his techniques and strength to his body. He's come a long way since he left Hart's basement gym a decade ago." (by Hal Walker, from the CALGARY HERALD, Jan. 6, 1974)

Dank
Member # 2517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stu's Spatula From CAL:
I'm glad he's gone. He's written many bad segments over the years & has no idea how to write a money-drawing storyline

Wait, I thought that by WC rule since he is a relatively "old-timer" that by definition he must be a master booker??

Meltzer has noted on a couple of occasions that he was greatly, greatly disliked backstage. I'm sure that didn't help his case.

Eater of the Dead
Member # 9312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eater of the Dead         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The story mentioned he was with WWF, except for a couple years in the early 1990's after a blowup with Vince. Anyone know what THAT blowup was about?
Civilized Fool
Member # 6582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Civilized Fool     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KCUser:
quote:

He left ages ago.
Actually last I knew he was rehired as a trainer. This was a year or two ago, unless he's left again since then.
Dank
Member # 2517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Civilized Fool:
Actually last I knew he was rehired as a trainer. This was a year or two ago, unless he's left again since then.

I thought he was rehired for DSW but then dumped again when DSW closed?
Guido Von Shtupp
Member # 2631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guido Von Shtupp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stomper from SK:
I posted this yesterday and it mysteriously disappeared. Hmmmmmm.......

Nope just moved to page 2 after a slew of other posts popped up [Razz]

--------------------
My goal is Shangri-La and lately *snikt* things aren't looking so good...

Chad Bryant
Member # 7733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Bryant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eater of the Dead:
The story mentioned he was with WWF, except for a couple years in the early 1990's after a blowup with Vince. Anyone know what THAT blowup was about?

IIRC, it was regarding the way the Brother Love character was written off of TV,

--------------------
Chad Bryant
http://www.chadbryant.net/

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.” - Winston Churchill

Joe from CA
Member # 9467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe from CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Eater Of The Dead:

It was Feb. 1991. According to Bruce, he was let go because he had a major substance abuse problem. I think it was coke. He was open about it, I just don't remember the whole interview.

Mark788
Member # 4659

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark788   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vince: You're Fiiirrreeeddd!!!

Prichard: What? BUT I LLLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE YYYOOOUUU!!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

[ 12-02-2008, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: Mark788 ]

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dank:
Meltzer has noted on a couple of occasions that he was greatly, greatly disliked backstage. I'm sure that didn't help his case.

Bill Watts greatly, greatly dislikes him - he called him "Mr. Treacherous".

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

Intelligent Sensational Super Mopey
Member # 5974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Intelligent Sensational Super Mopey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess he was suppose to be this great mind in the business but I don't really get it. I mean I not there and I don't know anything about anything but besides working for Paul Boesch behind the scenes as a kid what is the guys qualifications? Again, not putting him down but it always amazed me that he was thought of as this genius or at least again a great mind in the WWE but how did he get those abilities of credentials? At least Tom was a worker in the business.

--------------------
"Live long and prosper."

"HAVE AT THEE BASE VILLIAN!"

Tojo Mojo
Member # 10109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Mojo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Tom is a hecka of a nice guy--down to earth, & interesting to listen to. Dr. Tom was (is) one intelligent fella. His brother Bruce??

--------------------
Wish it was 1968 again, & I was watching Ken Lucas battling heel Don Carson once more.

oldschoolfan52
Member # 12147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldschoolfan52     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody can be replaced.
Not surprised at all.

The Mississippi Mauler mark II
Member # 1561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mississippi Mauler mark II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't he involved with GWF when it was really good? This would be around the time of the first falling out in the early 90s.

Damn if they ever get rid of Steve Lombardi who will be on all their DVD documentaries with Prichard gone? He was on all of them.

[ 12-02-2008, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: RoadWarrior Yajuta hates chitlins ]

--------------------
"The best fine producer in our tournament was a guy from Tennessee named Moondog Randy Colley. He'd spent a few years in the WWF as part of the Moondogs tag team and claimed to have invented the leather-clad face-painted gimmick of Demolition, which Vince then stole from him. I liked Demolition better when they were called the Road Warriors anyway.", Chris Jericho from A Lion's Tale

Mister Hollywood
Member # 8547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mister Hollywood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sucks! I've been hoping that they were going to bring Brother Love back as a regular in ECW.
Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I believe Tom Prichard is a trainer down at FCW but I could be wrong.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

SLS
Member # 265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bruce Prichard worked for Global from 1992-93 as a commentator/manager. Hopefully James Beard can give us his opinion on Bruce.
The Blue Meanie
Member # 3403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Blue Meanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cornette Fan:
quote:
quote:

Later,
Nate

I think he is. Along with Norman Smiley.

--------------------
Meanie!

www.Twitter.com/BlueMeaniebWo
www.Instagram.com/BlueMeaniebWo
www.Facebook.com/Brian.Heffron
www.MonsterFactory.org

BeachBum
Member # 2851

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BeachBum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Blue Meanie:
quote:
Originally posted by Cornette Fan:
quote:
quote:

Later,
Nate

I think he is. Along with Norman Smiley.
Norman Smiley is definitely in FCW, as he usually sits under the camera scaffold during the set up. I think I saw Dr. Tom there once, but I can't specifically remember.

[ 12-03-2008, 07:12 AM: Message edited by: BeachBum ]

james beard
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SLS:
Bruce Prichard worked for Global from 1992-93 as a commentator/manager. Hopefully James Beard can give us his opinion on Bruce.

Bruce is a very creative guy. I worked with him fairly closely in Global and we were quite friendly. In fact, we even did an angle against each other when Eddie Gilbert was booking there. Bruce and I always had a great relationship. I've had dealings with him since (after he was back in WWF/E) and there have never been any problems at all. In fact he was always very helpful and supportive. He is one of the reasons I was sent to Memphis in the mid-nineties.

The last time I saw or talked to Bruce was when I went up to New York for that infamous short run in WWE a couple years ago. We talked, but he was not particularly friendly. I have wondered if that was just a bad moment or because of the way things turned out in Memphis where he and several others from WWF/E were included in the original law suit that was filed by the Selkers that ended up with RICO charges against Larry Burton and Jerry Lawler. Like most law suits of that nature, they name a lot of folks at first in order to make sure they cover themselves and Bruce was one of those named in the original papers filed.

I took a stand that opposed Lawler and Burton and that may have caused some hard feelings. But, I know I was doing the right thing and that's the way it goes. I don't know if that had anything to do with Bruce's attitude when I saw him last, but that's the only experience I've ever had with him that was anywhere close to negative. I had no control over who was named in the law suit and in fact, I tried to keep some of those names off the list (Glen Jacobs, Bruce and a few others I believed had nothing to do with it), but the lawyers for Selker insisted on naming everyone remotely involved until they felt comfortable about who and who was not a part of that fiasco.

I still have a copy of my deposition, so I know what I said about whom and what. But, I'm sure Lawler made an attempt to put the heat on me and show me in a bad light with those guys he was working with in WWF/E, just like he did in the trial.

Otherwise, I have a lot of respect for Bruce and his talents. I always liked him and got along with him very well. I have, in fact, been a guest at his home. Both the Prichard brothers are great guys as far as I'm concerned. Also, I found both to be passionate about the wrestling business and very talented in their own ways. Both worked very hard to get where they did in the business.

By the way, I don't know what Bruce said in the interview mentioned above concerning why he was let go from WWE in 1991. But, the truth is, Bruce was having issues with Vince's TV guys about the content of the TV show and that is what actually led to his being released. Vince told him he couldn't go against his TV folks because their connection to the network. According to Vince, Bruce's leaving was a sabatical and that he would be coming back. Bruce was very depressed about it and doubted he'd get another shot in WWF, but as it turned out, Vince kept his word about that and he has been there until this recent development. I have no idea the real reasons why he was released this time.

I can't say I always cared for the ideas WWF/E presented in their programs and I know Bruce had a lot to do with much of it, particularly from a few years ago. But, I also know Bruce had a firm grasp of how the wrestling product should be and for the most part, he had a pretty traditional background in the business. I heard him complain about guys like Russo and other TV types that Vince listened to above guys from the business like himself and even Pat Patterson. I know Bruce's heart was in the right place, but he also had to please a boss that sometimes had ideas that were a little "out there" about how the wrestling product should be presented.

Who knows what brought about this last incident. Sounds like "wrestling politics" as usual to me.

--------------------
"It's the truth....deal with it"...Bill Hicks

Fitz
Member # 13605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fitz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KCUser:
quote:

He left ages ago.
And was brought back last year to replace Bill Demott in Deepsouth. When that closed he was assigned to work in developmental in Florida Championship Wrestling.
Percival Pringle III
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the world of Bruce and consider him to be one of my dearest friends. All I can say here is that it takes a very special individual to do what he has done within that company. Notwithstanding the serious health issues in his family, and being a Dad to his twins, all the while at VKM's beckon call 24/7. If you folks only knew. I wish him the very best. He certainly does not deserve some of the things written in this thread... however those that really know him know the truth. He will survive, as there is life after WWE, I am living proof.
Chad Bryant
Member # 7733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Bryant   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by james beard:
By the way, I don't know what Bruce said in the interview mentioned above concerning why he was let go from WWE in 1991. But, the truth is, Bruce was having issues with Vince's TV guys about the content of the TV show and that is what actually led to his being released. Vince told him he couldn't go against his TV folks because their connection to the network.

Would this have had anything to do with one of the last Brother Love skits, where BL pretended to "heal" someone in the style of a faith healer? I recall that was followed by BL doing a stretcher job for Ultimate Warrior, then seeing "Top Hick" Bruce Pritchard on ESPN's GWF show several months later.

--------------------
Chad Bryant
http://www.chadbryant.net/

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.” - Winston Churchill

Kilroy
Member # 53

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kilroy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is pretty interesting to read now, with Bruce having the hottest podcast going and back working in TNA...funny how things happen over time..
Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI
Member # 6360

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he was just let go from TNA.

EDIT: I think that might be a work. [Big Grin]

[ 08-28-2017, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Rock-Hunter Kurt Austin from CHI ]

Five Count
Member # 29572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Count     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Idol I:
And it will be biggest most informative no holds barred shoot of all time.

Wasn't wrong....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations