WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Professional Wrestling Posts - July 07 thru 2010 » Promotion question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Promotion question
whtreslr
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whtreslr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some old photos that look like they were all taken at the same place, but I can't place the promotion, date, or venue. I'm not sure if it's even here in the states. It's also possible it's more than one promotion, but the photos look like they all came from the same roll. Here are some of the guys.

Moose Moore
The Blue Angel (masked)
The Black Raven (masked)
Paul Masters
Silent Montenaro
Matt Burns
Rocky Mingo
Bill Gallion
Sonny Boy
Whitey Whalberg
Ralph Whaley
Saint
Johnny Barett

IP: Logged
Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumping, in case someone can figure this out.

For some reason, I'm thinking it's a European promotion - maybe it's from seeing "Saint" in there, unless I'm mixing him up with someone else.

--------------------
I've been loved and put aside
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide

And my soul has been... psychedelicized

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, seeing this name....

Silent Montenaro

...makes me wonder if it's from that early '70s West Virginia promotion that the Skull Bros. wrestled in (1970 or so ?) I thought I read a wrestling result with The Skulls going vs. Silent Montenaro and someone else (Owen Henley maybe) ?

Just a guess.

--------------------

whtreslr
Member # 48

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whtreslr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same thought because there was a Johnny Saint in England. However, there is a fan named Alice Post in one of the photos. I don't know much about her, but she was a fan in the Ohio area. That led me to think these were taken in either Ohio or Illinois. One of the photos also has Illinois written on the back.
Mark from WA
Member # 1548

I thought I'd bump this up again, just in case.

--------------------

clawmaster64
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clawmaster64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott,

I'm thinking Ohio. I have some clippings around here somewhere from an independent promotion in Ohio. I'll dig them up and see if any of those guys are on the cards.

--------------------
"We were so close, there was no room
We bled inside each others wounds
We all had caught the same disease
And we all sang the songs of peace"-- Melanie Safka

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

For a time frame, I'm guessing 1969 or 1970 (?)

--------------------

Mark from WA
Member # 1548

Also, IIRC, the old Wrestling Revue results I read (regarding my earlier post about the Skull Bros. vs. Silent M.) were from Bluefield, West VA (which isn't far from Ohio).

--------------------

LW
Member # 127346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These wrestlers were under two different promoters;
Silent Jim Montenaro (Deaf mute), Matt Burns and
Rocky Mingo all wrestled under promoter Grace Whaley (my mother) at Jones Park in Obetz, Ohio back in the 60's-70's.

Bill Gallion, Sonny Boy Eddie Hiles, Whitey Whalberg and Ralph Whaley (my brother) all wrestled under promoter Al Haft in Columbus, and Reynoldsburg, Ohio... also back in the 60's-70's.

I would love to see any pictures you have.

Billy Jack
Member # 128901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LW - seen your post about Jones park, went there many times with my dad Chuck Siders also known as Billy red darnell
Billy Jack
Member # 128901

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some other guys that wrestlers at Jones park obeys oh. We're Ray seber as chief Ray fleetfoot and Glenn Redman and Jim vanlarkin was the.hangman
Billy Jack
Member # 128901

Ray serber wrestled as chief Ray fleetfoot at Jones park obetz Ohio early 60s then turned heel about 1965 as jerry la,bell he was a great wrestler.
Billy Jack
Member # 128901

Glen Redman wrestled as Glen la,bell and Billy Crabtree was bill la,bell these guys were great heels for promoter rex rose

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations