WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Dem Debate Group 1

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dem Debate Group 1
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought Bernie still punkin the field. Buttigieg and Warren had moments. Beto did better than last time but needs to get them Texas mashed taters out his mouf.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Marianne Williamson was surprisingly effective.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple or three thoughts.

Yeah, Bernie and Warren rocked the house tonight. Buttigieg did good, as did Beto, by framing their points as "the crisis in America is much bigger than Trump". Subtle messaging on their part; whether it will have any helpful effect is another question. Klobuchar, who two years ago was being touted as a likely leader in this race, might as well go home. And that goes double for the rest.

Line of the night, for me at least, was from Warren (responding to a point by Delaney): "I don’t understand why anybody goes to all the trouble of running for president of the United States just to talk about what we really can’t do and shouldn’t fight for." That left a mark, and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets picked up by the Democratic electorate. Might be interesting if tomorrow's debate swings around past that point at all.

CNN....really guys? Terrible work from all involved. Even Jake Tapper -- who I tend to like as a presenter -- didn't know when to shut up and let the candidates talk. And the whole lead up to the candidates actually getting on the stage was about as overblown as it could have been without getting the ol' stage hook. Just terrible, and did neither the candidates nor themselves any justice.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

I thought the line of the night was when the big goof what's his name, Ryan, challenged Bernie on what the Medicare for all bill would do to the union members, and Bernie was explaining why it wouldn't hurt them, and the big goof goes you don't know that, and Bernie goes of course I know that, I wrote the damn bill.

[ 07-31-2019, 04:36 AM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, that was good, too.

Interesting tid-bit that was pointed out to me that I missed, but Biden was not mentioned at all last night. Like it or not, he's the one to beat still, but not a single sound-bite.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's all I heard:

CNN - Candiate A what do you think about this?

Candidate A - Well, I think ...

CNN - Thank you candidate A.

What a waste of 2 hours.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

The Hill is reporting that the ratings for the last night's debate weren't anything to write home about: 8.7 million viewers with about 2.8 million people watching on CNN's Digital live stream.

That's about 7 million less than the number that tuned in for the first night debate from Miami.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Interesting quote from CNN's Van Jones in the spin-room analysis after the debate. And it was interesting enough to me to bring it up for discussion:
quote:
Sanders re-established himself as trying to lead the revolution. When Elizabeth Warren is trying to lead the country.
Thoughts?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations