WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Dershowitz tries to justify having sex with children.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dershowitz tries to justify having sex with children.
Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/1155962389776351238

I stand by the constitutional (not moral) argument I offered in my controversial oped: if a 16 year old has the constitutional right to have an abortion without state or parental interference, how could she not have the constitutional right to engage in consensual sex?

He is literally trying to justify it. It makes me wonder when Epstein is all said and done, what exactly is going to come out about pro-pedo lawyer.

IP: Logged
dthcm
Member # 56183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dthcm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/1155939457440219137

Foreshadowing of future allegations or his he just defending stuff already out there?

--------------------
I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dthcm:
https://twitter.com/RWPUSA/status/1155939457440219137

Foreshadowing of future allegations or his he just defending stuff already out there?

I think he just did both. Dersh is a sick SOB.
K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently it depends on what state you're in:

https://www.ageofconsent.net/states

--------------------
"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Four shots ripped into my groin, and I was off on one of the strangest adventures of my life." (Max Shulman)

Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the op-ed Pedo is referencing, are these gems.

“Reasonable people can disagree about whether [the age of consent] should be as low as 14. 15 would be an appropriate compromise.”

And

“Moreover puberty is arriving earlier” so therefore the age of consent should be lowered"

-

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out the Dershowitz piece in New Yorker:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/08/05/alan-dershowitz-devils-advocate

For one, the evidence Dershbag claims to have that clears him is crap, as are most of his claims.

His claims to have a vaunted legal mind fall flat. He's just an attack machine. He has more in common with Rudy Giuliani than Clarence Darrow.

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the age of consent in Germany for example is 14 with a much lower teen pregnancy rate than in the US, so lowering the age is not necessarily a bad thing, but Scumbag's argument is obviously a post ex facto attempt to excuse his actions (whatever they might have been).

--------------------
"Evil is just a measure of how much YOUR choices take away other people's."
(Simon Spurrier)

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and lets not forget that "some" ethic groups are going thru puberty earlier...

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, just read that the article in question is from 1997, so I withdraw my claim that he was setting up an ex post facto argument and just state that he made his proclivities known in that article.

--------------------
"Evil is just a measure of how much YOUR choices take away other people's."
(Simon Spurrier)

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
Cory
Member # 6097

Tou still could be right. The tweet where he defended it was not 20 years ago.
K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The amazing thing (or one of the amazing things) about this is entire discussion is how recent it's been that this has even been considered an issue. It wasn't too many years ago that girls regularly got married at age 15 and younger, especially in rural communities, and especially (but not only) in the South.

The blues musician Eddie Taylor, to cite only one example that I happen to know personally, married his wife, Lee Vera, when she was 14 and he was in his 30s. And by then, Lee Vera already had a two-year-old son (Larry, who grew up to be a blues drummer himself). And her mother had had her she SHE was twelve. Eddie and Lee Vera met in Chicago, but they were both born and raised in Mississippi.

It's not quite the same thing, but I remember, within my own lifetime, visiting my grandmother in a small town in southern Minnesota and discovering, to my amazement (having been raised in an city in Connecticut), that out there, an 18-year-old girl who was graduating from high school and wasn't either engaged or dating a guy whom she planned to get engaged with soon, was talked about with raised eyebrows -- afraid she might end up being a spinster. If she was going to go to college, then it might be all right, but it was usually assumed that she'd meet "Mr. Right" there and end up married before she turned 21 anyway.

[ 07-30-2019, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: K. Fabian McClinch ]

--------------------
"Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Four shots ripped into my groin, and I was off on one of the strangest adventures of my life." (Max Shulman)

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...if a 16 year old has the constitutional right to have an abortion without state or parental interference, how could she not have the constitutional right to engage in consensual sex?"

I don't think the US Constitution would actually apply there, as it's an area (age of consent, etc.) that I believe had been given over to the States. Maybe an argument might be made on privacy grounds (9th Amendment, perhaps?), but that's probably stretching it.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Liz Hunter's Boyfriend:
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]
science at its best...

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations