WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Stone suffers a fate worse than life in prison

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stone suffers a fate worse than life in prison
Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The judge today ruled that he was in violation of her gag order. Instead of criminal proceedings, Stone has been banned from all social media including anything about his case, or him directly.

He lives for social media. He still can't talk about his case, but now his one outlet he has is gone completely.

IP: Logged
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how to punish a 60+ year old man.. take away his social media... while its a good move, its funny that a 60+ year old man can be hurt by it.. like having TV taken away as a child..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

John_WIlliamson
Member # 129137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John_WIlliamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't known anything about this fella and watched the documentary (I think it is /was on Netflix). A despicable piece of ****.

There are some people who I disagree with on very fundamental things but who I can at least respect them standing up for what they believe in even though I think it's wrong. It at least shows some principle, something.
This guy believes in nothing other than pampering himself and ******* anybody else over along the way. Scum.

[ 07-16-2019, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: John_WIlliamson ]

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad we don’t still have dungeons. He could join Epstein.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
how to punish a 60+ year old man.. take away his social media... while its a good move, its funny that a 60+ year old man can be hurt by it.. like having TV taken away as a child..

Imagine if they took away 70 Year Old Baby Donnie's Twitter.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

steuben
Member # 126350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steuben     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't even know who Stone is, or what He did, but isn't Social Media a platform of speech, and isn't that a violation of his first amendment rights?

I'm not being facetious or deliberately obtuse, but it seems to me that unless one is convicted of a crime nd that it is a condition of their probation/parole conditions that this would be a clear violation of that persons rights by a power hungry activist Judge.

Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Son of a ***** should be in lockup.
Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steuben:
I don't even know who Stone is, or what He did, but isn't Social Media a platform of speech, and isn't that a violation of his first amendment rights?

I'm not being facetious or deliberately obtuse, but it seems to me that unless one is convicted of a crime nd that it is a condition of their probation/parole conditions that this would be a clear violation of that persons rights by a power hungry activist Judge.

1A does not apply to social media or businesses. Regardless of whether people want it to, it does not.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:

Imagine if they took away 70 Year Old Baby Donnie's Twitter.
I know.. hard to wrap me brain around how different things have become..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cory:
quote:
Originally posted by steuben:

1A does not apply to social media or businesses. Regardless of whether people want it to, it does not.
Not to mention that, while I'm not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV), I'm pretty certain a judge definitely has the authority to impose a gag order to more traditional media on any and all parties to a case before the court for a variety of reasons (including to prevent a party from influencing or tainting a jury pool, which Stone is clearly trying to do here). I have to think that applies to social media, in addition to traditional media.

The only thing that puzzles me is that this is at least the second (or is it the third?) time Stone has been called out for this by Judge Amy Berman Jackson. While I admire her patience, I can't figure out why she keeps bending over backwards to keep giving him chances. She really should've tossed him in the clink a long time ago.

[ 07-17-2019, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Parts Unknown ]

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stone learned nothing and is still rubbing the judges's face in it. Now he has his wife posting derogatory stuff for him. He is above the law, obviously.
jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would love to see him lose all his money
Cory
Member # 6097

quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Stone learned nothing and is still rubbing the judges's face in it. Now he has his wife posting derogatory stuff for him. He is above the law, obviously.

His wife did? That won't end well. The original gag order where he cannot discuss his case, nor can anyone he knows still stands.
Liz Hunter's Boyfriend
Member # 7919

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz Hunter's Boyfriend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's face it, this is all just bull ****, all for show.

This judge isn't going to do anything real here.

Stone will walk. He's the guy who gets away with it.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations