WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Donald wants a steel wall now... a must read... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Donald wants a steel wall now... a must read...
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's paying for it, SHOOTER?

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

IP: Logged
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every maroon in Trumpland knows the answer to that, its said at every rally..

WHOSE GONNA PAY???

MEXICO...

If you want to follow Cadet Bone Spurs logic, they should put in budget for the wall all the money that has been paid by Mexico based on the new trade agreement Trump has.

BTW, how much more has been paid by Mexico based on the trade agreement CDS came up with?

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN
Member # 3001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Shooter,
Show me the pesos!

--------------------
When news breaks, we fix it.

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTER:
quote:
Originally posted by The Fake J.D. McKay:
quote:
Before Trump spoke last night, a few days ago the Washington Post said "After years of Trump’s dire warnings, a "crisis" has hit the border but generates little urgency"

After Trump's speech last night they now say "Trump used the Oval Office to create a crisis"

I wonder why? Hmmmm. Oh yeah, because it is Trump and no other reason.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/washington-post-declares-crisis-at-border-flip-flops-days-later-when-trump-emphasizes-issue

Are you really this clueless as to the Mexican border or are you just yes-manning Trump? I live a couple of hours away from the Mexican border, or as Trump calls it..."BOARDER"...there is nothing going on now that wasn't going on for the last 40 years at least. People seeking a better life. Deal with it.
Things would be great if the only border problem was people seeking a better life. I suggest you take off your rose colored glasses and have a better look.
We do not have open borders, I live a 2 minute drive from an international border and trust me that thing is not 'Open' and we already spend billions and supply many good jobs by having a border patrol and enforcing customs and immigration laws.

Since you claim to be a conservative, although to me you seem like a really frightened reactionary, I would suggest you learn a little something about the market system.
I will try to give you a primer.
1. Supply and Demand is the universal law of a free market system.

There is a demand for cheap labor. Illegals will come by any means necessary as long as that demand is there.

There is a demand for drugs because people want to get high, so I promise drugs will find their way into our country by any means necessary because the demand is there.

Because drugs are illegal the money to be made is huge, and since it is illegal you will have to find a way to protect the business, there is going to be gangs in our country by any means necessary because the demand is there to take care of the money, the means of production and the distribution.

Now, if anyone would couple holding bankers who launder drug laundry regularly to the same standards we hold drug dealers to, if it was ever suggested that we hold the people who hire the illegal immigrants to a truly punitive legal standard, who often pay them under the table as well so they are cheating the government in more than one way, if it was ever suggested that the opiate crisis and the war on drugs is nothing more than keeping poor people poor and the prisons running at full capacity I may be willing to listen to talk of a crisis at the border or the need for a wall, until then any talk of the need for a wall is just a colossal waste of taxpayer money which will make some very scared people feel a little safer.

[ 01-09-2019, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: sam the lion from WA ]

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it dreadfully amusing -- although our resident Little Fascisti will probably not believe it....but then,he fails to believe many factual things -- that The Chuck& Nancy Show after his speach out-drew Trump for viewers....even on FOX
quote:
The quarter hour (9-9:15 p.m. ET) containing the president’s speech drew a combined 28.1 household rating in metered markets on ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News and NBC. The following 15 minutes, including analysis and the Pelosi-Schumer rebuttal, averaged 29.3 across those same networks, a bump of about 4 percent.
And as John Harwood at CNBC noted, "President Trump’s lunchtime prediction to broadcasters on Tuesday was right. His televised speech didn’t change a 'damn thing' about the government shutdown. He’s still losing the fight."

And here's the other thing that is not only going to be a problem for Trump, but for SHOOTER as he tries to spin things in his hero's favour: Trump’s usual negotiating tactics aren't working.
quote:
President Trump has long believed that keeping opponents off balance is the best way to win a negotiation. But nearly three weeks into a partial government shutdown, his usual playbook doesn't seem to be working.

In his fight for a section of border wall, the president has dispatched aides to negotiate with lawmakers only to undercut their offers. He has declared a 'crisis' at the U.S.-Mexico border but abruptly dropped a talking point about an influx of terrorists after it was proved false. And he has vacillated between threatening to declare a national emergency and professing to prefer a negotiated deal with Democrats.

Trump's approach is a hallmark of a president who eschews strategic planning and preparation in favor of day-to-day tactical maneuvering and trusting his gut. But as he digs in against an emboldened Democratic opposition, Trump has found that his go-to arsenal of bluster, falsehoods, threats and theatrics has laid bare his shortcomings as a negotiator — preventing him from finding a way out of what may be the biggest political crisis of his presidency.

TL; DR: He's finally run up against someone who is not only saying "no" to him, they aren't budging, and he has no f*cking idea of how to handle that.

If he thought the courts being against him was bad, he should hold onto something tight, because, contrary to his claims of "unwavering support" from the GOP, it appears that at least 8 House Republicans are breaking ranks with him over the shutdown. And given how Sen. Collins is talking today, it probably won't be long before GOP Senators start splitting off from him, and then he's screwed.

Even if McConnell won't bring the House bill to the floor -- I have no doubt that Schumer has another bill in his back-pocket to use in place of it if he can get four Republicans to side with him. And that may not be so very far-fetched.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donald was warned this type of thing would happen. His little Trumpets claimed the House loss was not a big deal. Looks like it is a huge deal.
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, SHOOTER, who is going to pay for it?

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WRT that steel slat wall that Trump is promoting?

Seems it could be sawn through rather easily....

quote:
President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

Here's the photo:
 -

In fact, according to internal reports, all eight prototypes for the wall -- including the steel slats -- were found to be vulnerable to breaching.

So....Trump wants $5,000,000,000+ for a wall that won't work.

As usual, a complete boon-doogle. He's reverting to type -- a con man -- and one has to wonder who'd profit most from all that green being spread around for construction.

And that doesn't take into account that some land-owners along the border are digging in and refusing to give up their land. And apparently ready to go to court to do so.

[ 01-10-2019, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only question left is which division of tRump Industries makes it.

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Said it before and I'll say it again. HE DOESN'T WANT A WALL. HE ONLY WANTS THE FIGHT FOR THE WALL. That way he can keeps his marks, like SHOOTER, dangling on the line.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Said it before and I'll say it again. HE DOESN'T WANT A WALL. HE ONLY WANTS THE FIGHT FOR THE WALL. That way he can keeps his marks, like SHOOTER, dangling on the line.

Pretty much what Pelosi is saying, too:
quote:
I don’t even know if the president wants the wall. I think he just wants a debate on the wall. And he’s having some difficulty with it.
As I recall the last polling on the wall, a majority -- like, close to 60% of Americans -- don't want it (although they have little if any problem about beefing up enforcement at the border). But Trump doesn't want to hire more border patrol or upgrade the surveillance tech, which the Democrats are offering $$$ for (and the Congressional GOP is onboard with this).

All show, no go.

Typical Trump.

And it's not a particularly good show, either. Rather poor, in fact.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samuel Beckett already wrote this. The wall is Godot - except we're stuck in the theatre until the end of the Administration.

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODd54l1H6iA

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

And because SHOOTER is bound to try and bring this up, CNBC reports that Trump is saying there is a different way that Mexico will be paying for the wall...
quote:
President Donald Trump on Thursday admitted that Mexico would not directly pay for the construction of his proposed wall along the southern border. Instead, he claims the wall will be paid for by revenue gained from a new trade deal pending in Congress...

...The president, whose central campaign promise was that Mexico would pay for a wall stretching across the roughly 2,000-mile border, added: "When I said Mexico would pay for the wall in front of thousands and thousands of people ... obviously I never meant Mexico would write a check."

Which is blatantly bullsh*t: Back in March 2016, the Trump Campaign released a memo setting out the ways to "compel Mexico" to "make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion."

As usual, he's walking back from his claims. Yet another lie to chalk up with the 7000+ he's laid down as "truth" in the last 2 years.

[ 01-10-2019, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
WRT that steel slat wall that Trump is promoting?

Seems it could be sawn through rather easily....

quote:
President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.

A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

Here's the photo:
 -

In fact, according to internal reports, all eight prototypes for the wall -- including the steel slats -- were found to be vulnerable to breaching.

So....Trump wants $5,000,000,000+ for a wall that won't work.

As usual, a complete boon-doogle. He's reverting to type -- a con man -- and one has to wonder who'd profit most from all that green being spread around for construction.

And that doesn't take into account that some land-owners along the border are digging in and refusing to give up their land. And apparently ready to go to court to do so.

He is already blaming that on past administrations.

“that’s a wall that was designed by previous administrations. There is nothing that can’t be penetrated, but you fix it.”

You know, like the past presidents who told him they should have built a wall and are glad he is. You know, which all four living Presidents have denied doing.

What he wants now is a wall that he admits can be penetrated and will cost more by fixing it. Got it. At least it is not the see through steel wall claim again, yet.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

The cracks are becoming more apparent: 12 Republicans Buck Party Lines on Funding Bill
quote:
The Democratic-led House passed a standalone spending measure Thursday to provide funding for the Departments of Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and other agencies.

Twelve Republicans bucked party lines to join Democrats in voting for the bill on the floor.

Think this might be why Trump may try the Crisis declaration route sooner rather than later: He can't afford to be seen as losing any more support in the House, and none at all in the Senate.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Cory
Member # 6097

The Senate passed a bill today that will make sure all federal workers receive back pay once this stupidness stops. But Mitch will not put the bill that -will- reopen the government up to a vote.
diamondmd
Member # 1292

tRump tried to strong arm the Senate yesterday telling reporters on the way out that they GOP senators all supported him. It was a lie, of course, because many of them said they didn't agree with the shutdown.

BTW he used his reality show last night to fund raise. His administration sent out emails containing a request for funds to pay for the wall. Except the small print said all donations would go to his campaign fund. Once a grifter, always a grifter.

Who's paying for the wall, SHOOTER?

--------------------

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We shall see. Whether it's Mexico, the new trade deal with Mexico or us US citizens, it will eventually happen. It wouldn't bother me at all if we citizens foot the bill. I'll be surprised if the wall doesn't happen but between now and when Trump leaves office in January of 2025 there will be a wall in place or under construction.
SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know according to those with rose colored glasses on that those crossing the southern border are just fleeing violence, persecution, looking for jobs and want a better life.... There are also a whole bunch of people in other places like that suffering. Unfortunately we cannot afford to take them all in. Rwanda, Middle East, North Korea, Rohingya refugee crisis, etc. Maybe we should send cargo planes continuously to those countries and load them up, bring them here and everything will be fine, right? Or is it just South Americans we should be concerned with letting in thru mass migrations / caravans to our country?
Cory
Member # 6097

Mexico will not pay for it. NAFTA 2.0 will not pay for it. It has not been through any congress of any of the countries involved yet. Until it does, there is no deal. Besides, that is not how math works lol. As for tax payers, no, they won't. The majority does not want it, or support it. It is a dwindling base that does.

Your last post it just idiotic. No one stated doing any of the sort. Literally not one post said anything like that at all. But you know that. It is just your newest talking point that is irrelevant.

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

We shall see. Whether it's Mexico, the new trade deal with Mexico or us US citizens, it will eventually happen. It wouldn't bother me at all if we citizens foot the bill. I'll be surprised if the wall doesn't happen but between now and when Trump leaves office in January of 2025 there will be a wall in place or under construction.
Have you read the new trade agreement?

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

And this cluck babbles about OTHER people with 'rose colored glasses'.

--------------------

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea, 2025 wont behalf way to parole much less release.

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

diamondmd
Member # 1292

quote:
quote:

In other words he lied and you don't care that he lied. What happened to the middle class tax cut he was going to sign just before the mid-terms? Another lie. What about every living former president telling him they wish they'd built a wall? No one told him that and he's lying.

And you're a mark and don't care. And you're unAmerican.

[ 01-12-2019, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: diamondmd ]

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
I know according to those with rose colored glasses on that those crossing the southern border are just fleeing violence, persecution, looking for jobs and want a better life.... There are also a whole bunch of people in other places like that suffering. Unfortunately we cannot afford to take them all in. Rwanda, Middle East, North Korea, Rohingya refugee crisis, etc. Maybe we should send cargo planes continuously to those countries and load them up, bring them here and everything will be fine, right? Or is it just South Americans we should be concerned with letting in thru mass migrations / caravans to our country?

Please. America does its damnedest not to take those people in, and not only do you know it, you embrace it. Compare how many Syrian refugees you took in compared to Canada and how much you decried Trudeau's decision and action (and the actions of the citizens of Canada who personally sponsored more than half of the 50,000+)

Now, check out how South America and Europe did WRT Rwanda, Rohingya (both today and in 2015) and so forth.

The big difference is the refugees and emigres from South and Central America and have a land-bridge to get here, and the others don't, so it's much easier for the US to deny them entry. And if you don't think that's an issue being addressed, you (as usual) aren't paying attention.

Just because it doesn't make the nightly broadcast news doesn't mean it isn't an actionable issue (or an issue under action)....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Only question left is which division of tRump Industries makes it.

-

For when the image goes dead: tRumpy gave a no-competition contract to his Russian billionaire crony Roman Abramovich.

[ 01-13-2019, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Roman Abramovich!

He is very, very well known in the UK, as he was instrumental in making the English Football (Soccer) Premier League the money making machine it is today.

In 2003 he brought the London club Chelsea and threw hundreds of Millions of Pounds/Euros/Dollars and Rubles at the club to turn them into one of the biggest forces in the sport.

Many were curious why he was putting so much money in, with some speculating that it was a way of making 'dirty' money clean.

Either way he became a household name on the back of being the first Billionaire to own a Football club.

But recently with the incident in Salisbury and Roman's well known connection to Putin, he had his visa renewal delayed and was not happy. The speculation now being he wants to sell the club.

So perhaps this is Roman's new toy...

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/10/former-putin-adviser-has-secret-investment-in-us-energy-firm-praised-by-trump

Guess who.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

https://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/361054-russian-oligarch-docks-yacht-in-palm-beach-ahead-of-trump-visit

Guess who.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Can't say I'm surprised; I suspected something along this line, but it was just one more rabbit hole too many to explore.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

diamondmd
Member # 1292

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/mnuchin-tells-democrats-to-just-trust-trump-on-russia

But we should just trust tRump when it comes to Russia.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations