WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » The 2018 Mid-Term Elections Have Begun. (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The 2018 Mid-Term Elections Have Begun.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bolo Punch:
Perhaps CM needs to practice some civility and not put words in other peoples mouths.

No, no. Mensa Boy. "people's". Possessives take an apostrophe. Perhaps BP needs to practice some correct style and go back to third grade and take English again.

[ 11-05-2018, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTER:
Just repeating racist prejudices that unbigoted people reject due to living in 2018 not 1958.

fixed

--------------------

Bolo Punch
Member # 4022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bolo Punch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rest my case on CMs civility. BTW the apostrophe/quotation mark key does not work on my laptop. Why dose my being in Mensa bother you so much? It was mentioned in a reply to someone who posted that Trump supporters were uneducated mouth breathers. I proved him wrong Only in liberal fantasy land would being in Mensa be considered bad.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it amusing that a conservative, often barking about "elites", is a member of one of the most elitist clubs in the entire world. And the half-dozen or more members that I've had the misfortune of meeting make good and damned sure that you know that they are, indeed, the elite, and you, sir, a cut or six below.

Quite amusing, innit?

Especially given the many arguments against IQ testing actually showing "levels" of intelligence (we can start at the cultural biases of the most common tests, and go from there, or just start at the different tests delivering different scores for the same person or even the fact that the tests actually only give estimates of intelligence....which suggests that some of those Mensa members probably don't really belong and just ran a good bluff).

By the way, it's "why does", not "why dose"....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the last stories about money and the campaigns came out today, and it features a specific demographic. That is, retirees, and where they are donating.

Now, if you are thinking that they've been donating to Republican campaigns, you'd be right.....right up to this election....
quote:
Donors who identify their occupation as 'retired' gave 52% of the $326 million they contributed through Oct. 17 to Democrats, compared with 48% to Republicans… That is a reversal of their split four years ago—and it’s a record amount of midterm money from retirees.

This is the first midterms since the group began keeping donor industry data in 1990 in which retirees favor Democrats over Republicans.

That's a prime historical demographic base for the GOP. And to see the reversal this year I think is a warning bell to the firebombers of the Party this cycle (Chris Collins, Steve King, Duncan Hunter, etc.) that their antics ain't winning them friends. Or voters.

That's a really unusual result of siguiendo el dinero; if this were any other year -- even 2008 -- if I was told this, I wouldn't believe it.

This year, however.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Jennifer Duffy, writing for Cook Political Report offers up an important observation from previous MidTerms, and it's all about how the Toss-Up races break....
quote:
One interesting phenomenon in Senate elections is that the races in the Toss Up column never break down the middle; one party wins a majority of them.

Going back 10 cycles to 1998, the lowest percentage of Toss Up seats one party won was in 2002 when Republicans won 67 percent (6 of 9 races). In 2004, 2006 and 2014, one party took 89 percent of the contests in Toss Up. In 2004, Republicans won 8 of 9 races, but in 2006, Democrats took 8 of 9 races. In 2014, Republicans won 8 of 9 contests. That there were nine races in Toss Up in all three years and there are nine this year is purely a coincidence.

Nate Silver says there's only two Toss-ups left. Roll Call says one. RealClear Politics, eight. Charlie Cook, nine. Inside Elections, one. Electoral-vote.com says two.

POLITICO, six. CNN, six. FOX, five. NYT, eight.

Oy.

Note that Ms. Duffy does not say that they break for or against the incumbent (President's) party or the opposing party -- just that in nearly all cases, 2/3 or better of the races will break towards one Party in the election.

Which should have nearly every political strategist, observer, odds-maker/forecaster, candidate and newshound biting their nails down to their elbows tonight.

For one Party or the other, Bette Davis' famous quote really will apply after 6p.m. EST (when the Eastern Kentucky and most of Indiana's polls close).

The only question left to answer is.....which Party?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

And finally, I finish the preparatory election thread with what I think are some very astute observations by Dan Balz at the WaPo, in what he calls a MidTerm election like no other in a generation"
quote:
Tuesday’s midterm election is about many things. It’s about health care and immigration. It’s about the economy. It’s about power and who will hold it, both in Washington and in the states. Above all, it’s about something more elemental: what kind of country Americans see today and want to see in the future. That makes these midterms unlike any in the recent past...

...It is that unsettling, and unsettled, issue that has generated the record amounts of money raised and spent, and the remarkable outpouring of volunteers never before active who are walking precincts and making calls in these final hours — as they have been for months. It is what has motivated record numbers of people in many states to cast ballots ahead of Election Day. Together, those indicators have stamped this campaign as a once-in-a-generation event.

Don't miss out. Don't shirk your civic duty, the one true tax of your citizenship. It doesn't matter what side of the aisle you are on.

Just get out there and vote.

All of you.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
I rest my case on CMs civility.

LOLOLOLOL @ tRumpRangers whining about 'civility'. Takes two to tango, clucks.

BTW the apostrophe/quotation mark key does not work on my laptop.

If tRumpty Dumpty is making you so rich, how come you can't afford a laptop that works?

Why dose

How come you can't spell 'does'? Those keys broken too?

my being in Mensa bother you so much?

You were enough of a f*cking tool to front off about it. You get to take the consequences. Waah waah waah, snowflake.

It was mentioned in a reply to someone who posted that Trump supporters were uneducated mouth breathers. I proved him wrong Only

Actually you proved him right and continue doing so every time you open your mouth. Guess your '.' key doesn't work either, huh?

in liberal fantasy land would being in Mensa be considered bad.

Only in fascist fantasy land is transposing racist dog whistles into human hearing range 'putting words in somebody's mouth'.

[ 11-06-2018, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
quote:
Just repeating racist prejudices that unbigoted people reject due to living in 2018 not 1958.

fixed
LOL. Well, if you seriously don't believe there are any black people voting for Gillum based on his skin color alone then I have some beach front property in the middle of Kansas to sell you. Also, it would indicate that you don't speak to black people too much.

[ 11-06-2018, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: SHOOTER ]

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
quote:
Originally posted by jjenginer:
quote:
I'm not racist but white people are smarter and more honest than black people.

Shooter your comment just confirmed your racism, and your own stupidity
Um, that was Mask's translation of SHOOTER's post, not his actual words.
Thank you for clarifying that to him Travlr. What was that I said about libs and humor, sarcasm, etc.? LOL
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

fixed
LOL. Well, if you seriously don't believe there are any black people voting for Gillum based on his skin color alone then I have some beach front property in the middle of Kansas to sell you. Also, it would indicate that you don't speak to black people too much.
how many there wont vote for him only cuz he is black? same beach front property available

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Oh now Beav thinks he speaks to black people more than I do. Although how he thinks 'none' is more than anything... well, it's Beav.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jjenginer:
quote:
I'm not racist but white people are smarter and more honest than black people.

Shooter your comment just confirmed your racism, and your own stupidity
Um, that was Mask's translation of SHOOTER's post, not his actual words.
Thank you for clarifying that to him Travlr. What was that I said about libs and humor, sarcasm, etc.? LOL
Oh, I think CM hit that nail squarely, Little Fascisti; a virtual bull's-eye observation of your thought process.

So, yeah, it wasn't a direct quote, but it was an accurate summing up....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fixed
how many there wont vote for him only cuz he is black? same beach front property available
Exactly.

But that's not an important point in our Little Fascisti' world-view. In fact, it's pretty obvious that this scares him, since whites will no longer have a majority position in the US population just a few years from now.

...you'd almost think he's frightened that the Hispanics, Blacks, Asians and Native Americans might act towards him and his as they have against them in the past.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried early voting on Friday and the line was around the polling place, going today after work.

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I rest my case on CMs civility. BTW the apostrophe/quotation mark key does not work on my laptop. Why dose my being in Mensa bother you so much? It was mentioned in a reply to someone who posted that Trump supporters were uneducated mouth breathers. I proved him wrong Only in liberal fantasy land would being in Mensa be considered bad.

OK, so not every Trump supporter is an "uneducated mouth breather". But riddle me this... why is it that it's the right (especially in the form of Sarah Palin, who probably couldn't qualify for Mensa if they halved the IQ or percentile required to join) who rails against the so-called "intellectual elite"? Why is it the right that supports a Secretary of Education who doesn't give a f*ck about public education or pretty much any education that's not based on her brand of Christianity? When launching shots against the left, education isn't the category in which to begin or base the battle.

[ 11-06-2018, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Billy Burgess ]

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODd54l1H6iA

PCmor
Member # 7229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PCmor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I voted early today. Usually, I go much later in the day. There were more people marked down having voted at 9:40 a.m. than I think I've ever seen outside a presidential election, even more than some presidential elections.

My friend is the administrator of elections in our township. I snuck a peak at her voting numbers while we chatted. Looked like its was about 60-40 percent registered Republican so far, but I think my community has a much greater GOP leaning.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Burgess:
Sarah Palin, who probably couldn't qualify for Mensa

Too easy.

--------------------

Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently Fox is not happy with two of their own headlining a Trump rally last night.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/06/us/politics/trump-fox-news-hannity.html

More often now than before Fox is actually showing both sides of the "coin" including refusing to air that racist, not factual ad Trump tweeted the other day. Then add this where they are publicly speaking out against two of their own guesting at a Trump rally...could they be jumping ship too?

Cory
Member # 6097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cory     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems as though press have been banned in Ford County.

https://twitter.com/katie_reports/status/1059878233813012480

The city lawyer Brad Schlozman said it was against state law to film inside. Apparently that is not the case.

djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost suppressed my own vote today, I moved and had to fill out paperwork to vote close to my house.
I went straight ticket but selected each one separate so my vote didn’t get switched.

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

quote:
Explain why Nelson is going to win against Scott by 3-points or better in the same State.....

Your bigotry is showing, Little Fascisti....

Hmmmmmmm. How's that looking like it will turn out? I know, it's within the margin of error or something like that, right? I believe the recount will be done tomorrow or Saturday and looks like it will go to Rick Scott.... You political poll savants must be in a tizzy again. Don't worry! All will be fine by 4:00 when The People's Court comes on.... My bigotry? I just mentioned a fact that some obviously don't like to hear. I see the liberal racists in Michigan didn't want Senate candidate John James getting in.
SHOOTER
Member # 26761

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fixed
I mentioned there are racists who won't vote for someone simply because they are black. It goes both ways... I see the liberal racists in Michigan didn't want John James to win.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
quote:
Explain why Nelson is going to win against Scott by 3-points or better in the same State.....

Your bigotry is showing, Little Fascisti....

Hmmmmmmm. How's that looking like it will turn out? I know, it's within the margin of error or something like that, right? I believe the recount will be done tomorrow or Saturday and looks like it will go to Rick Scott.... You political poll savants must be in a tizzy again. Don't worry! All will be fine by 4:00 when The People's Court comes on.... My bigotry? I just mentioned a fact that some obviously don't like to hear. I see the liberal racists in Michigan didn't want Senate candidate John James getting in.
Scott must be awfully confident since he's filing suit to personally get his hands on ballots that are against him.

And yes, Margin of Error. And you'd actually recognize that Little Fascisti if you understood anything beyond grade-school level mathematics.

And given the shellacking that the GOP took in Michigan, I don't think racism had as much to do with James' losing by 6-points as it was the effort to toss as many Republicans to the curb as they could. And given that the Democrats now control the Governorship, State House and State Senate as well as both Senators and sliced off another two Congressional Districts.....simple partisanship is a much better probability of why James lost than racism.

But then, probability theory is another one of those problems you have with mathematics.....

[ 11-09-2018, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
Hmmmmmmm. How's that looking like it will turn out?

Possibly far better than it may have a right to, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

I've said that recounts seldom change outcomes. But this could be a special case, as it won't completely be a recount -- an awful lot of those ballots haven't even been counted yet, it seems.

Nelson trails by just 21,888 votes out of 8.2 million. That's a lot of ground to make up. However
  • Not all the ballots have been counted yet in South Florida, a Democratic stronghold. As of Thursday morning, two voter-rich counties were still tabulating an unknown number of ballots.
  • Undervote in Senate race in Broward County. In Broward County, 695,799 people turned in ballots. But only 665,688 voted in the Senate race. That’s a 30,000 difference, a remarkable disparity given the stakes in this race and the name-recognition of these officials. It’s a degree of undervote that is non-existent in the other statewide races on the ballot.
  • Provisional ballots will break hard for Democrats. Voters who forgot identification or showed up at the wrong polling place cast a provisional ballot on Tuesday. In most counties, those ballots still need to be reviewed by the local canvassing board and counted toward the final tally.
So it's not impossible at all for Nelson to still come out on top.

And as noted, Scott must all of a sudden by far less secure about his "win": He's claiming that South Florida election officials are "fraudulently mishandling ballots" and using his power as Governor to send in the State cops to investigate and filed a lawsuit demanding access to ballots narrowing his lead.

And didja hear about the teacher who found a sealed ballot box left behind at Broward polling place? Somehow, along with the obvious voter suppression efforts the GOP-controlled State ran what with putting polling places inside gated communities, there seems to be cause to consider that the Senate race -- and now possibly the Governor's and the agriculture commissioner's, too -- aren't going the way Scott, his Secretary of State and the State Republican Party had planned. And I'm using the term "planned" with malice aforethought (although maybe "schemed" may have been a more accurate choice of words).

All that crowing late Tuesday night seems to be turning in to a lot of crying over there needing to be a recount from the Right side of the room. And not just a recount, but a hand recount. Every single ballot cast will have to be looked at. And this time not just in one county, but the whole State.

Cry me a river.

Winter's arrived.

[ 11-09-2018, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:

And yes, Margin of Error. And you'd actually recognize that Little Fascisti if you understood anything beyond grade-school level mathematics.

When did he learn those?

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
All will be fine by 4:00 when The People's Court comes on

Beav once again defining the outer boundaries of his frame of reference.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Scott's lead has apparently dropped to just 15,000 votes.

Still an impressive number to try and beat in a recount situation, but over 5,000 vote drop in just one day.....?

No wonder Scott is pulling out all the stops to quell and/or interfere with the recount.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

I wonder how these mystery ballots just all of a sudden appear. Where were they during the original count? Hmmmmmmmm.
Cory
Member # 6097

I myself wonder how all of these votes for the Democrats disappeared in the first place? hmmmmmm
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Wonder why the HUGE undervoting in Broward County for the Senate race. Far FAR above the average of such things.

Makes one wonder why Scott is so anxious to get his hands on the ballots there. Or is it the machines themselves he wants to get a hold of....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
I wonder how these mystery ballots just all of a sudden appear. Where were they during the original count? Hmmmmmmmm.

BTW Little Fascisti -- the counts aren't completed yet, so there is NO "original" count yet.

But oh how you wish there was.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

How can he keep getting stupider? He passed zero awhile back.

--------------------

Cory
Member # 6097

Well... the FDLE is not investigating voter fraud after discussing it with the State Department and finding no fraud or criminal activity. Now Trumpstain is saying voter fraud in Arizona. No one has reported that.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fixed
I mentioned there are racists who won't vote for someone simply because they are black. It goes both ways... I see the liberal racists in Michigan didn't want John James to win.
nah, we didnt want any more repubs.. we had the business man with no political experience (Snyder) before Trumpster was elected.. you may have noticed if you read up, that we threw them out on their asses regardless of color..

what was James black voter totals? let me guess, the blacks that voted against him were liberal racists also?

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
if you read up

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

King Francis
Member # 24068

what was i thinnin

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Via the Miami New Times: Photos Show Scores of Uncounted Ballots in Opa-locka Mail Center
quote:
Miami-Dade County announced today that it has finished counting votes for the 2018 election.

But photos obtained by New Times show scores of mail-in ballots sitting inside an Opa-locka mail distribution center — the same center that was evacuated last month after alleged mail bomber Cesar Sayoc's pipe bombs passed through the facility.

Apparently, though, unlike Washington and California, mail-in ballots have to arrive by Election Day instead of being post-marked by Election Day. Essentially penalizing mailers a week of the time other voters have to make their decisions.

And we're talking thousands of ballots, apparently.

And to add to the mess that is Florida Elections, yet another sealed ballot box found in Broward County.

Great Good Gods, Florida Folks: What sort of training are election officials undergoing that they don't check the room over before leaving? There was a freaking voting machine left behind there, too!

The more I look at this, the more I think, "Hand recount. EVERYTHING. And if it takes until January to do it, then it takes until January to do it."

As I tried to explain to Mark years ago, there are reasons FARK has a separate heading for stories coming from Florida......

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations