WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Uncle Tom (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Uncle Tom
bcthomas
Member # 125485

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bcthomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ponderosa had hands down the most underrated chicken wings. Those things were amazing. I ordered a bunch for a basketball game and people were asking where I got them, then looked at me like a maniac when I told them 'Ponderosa'
IP: Logged
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Michael Landon said when asked by Johnny Carson, about the rumors the Cartwright s were gay..

The Catrwrights weren't gay... thank god Hop Sing was..

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chgowolvs44:
The unironic humor of these two using the term plantation is a real contender for funniest thing I'm going to see today.

Unironic humor? Oh, it exists, but not with me or SHOOTER.

By now, everyone has heard about the Starbucks incident. For God's sake, it was literally a national crisis. By all accounts, these were two decent Black men, but by definition, they were loiterers. Starbucks just changed their policy to allow people to wonder in and use the toilet. If I were the manager, I would have allowed them to use the bathroom because I would have known the potential shiitstorm that would have occurred. The young lady was a bit naive on how the real world works, even if you're doing your job. There were good arguments on both sides.

The graduation video got a lot of people incensed and used it as proof of racism. As already stated, these graduates bended the rules by celebrating a bit too long. As I stated, I thought it was a bit petty for them to drag the graduates off. Like the Starbucks issue, there were good arguments on both sides.

A young Black man wears a MAGA hat on Mother's Day and by all accounts he was harassed by the staff. Unlike the other two stories, there aren't[ good arguments on both sides. Employees have NO RIGHT to bother patrons based on their political affiliation. Not one of the liberal posters condemned this shameful incident. Granted, maybe some of them haven't read the last few posts.

Could you imagine the outrage if a young Black man wearing a Hope and Change shirt was harassed by the wait staff at a popular food chain? The outrage would be defeating. This chain would have a hundred black hands staring at them to "cure" the racism that existed in the establishment.

[ 05-17-2018, 06:10 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh huh. And how is racism involved here? Yeah it's bad customer relations, but it ain't racism.

This is as usual a f*cking joke. The only reason you clucks give a sh*t is it taps into your talking points. If a black guy got harrassed by white people for wearing a cap you wouldn't have a f*cking word to say. Hey, we just found the racism.

Don't imagine a Jew wearing a Hamas cap into a deli or a Cuban wearing a Castro cap into Versailles on Calle Ocho would get off real easy, either. Let alone a white guy wearing an Obama cap in Waffle House---is that 'upscale' too, Beav?

[ 05-17-2018, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://kutv.com/news/nation-world/black-trump-supporter-allegedly-harassed-for-wearing-maga-hat-to-cheesecake-factory

The N-Bomb was allegedly used. When I first saw this before I heard of the possible racial slur, I chalked it up to a bunch of deranged nitwits suffering from a certain form of mental illness. I don't automatically think racism when there's an incident involving Blacks like a lot of people here do.

So you don't see racism here, but you saw racism in the graduation and Starbucks. I've been to a million Starbucks, and the employees seem to be rather liberal. How do you know the employee wouldn't have treated White loiterers the same? And by the way, I'm no lawyer, but I'm wiling to bet that she has one helluva lawsuit if she decides to pursue it.

Towards your last point, I agree to a certain extent. I wouldn't wear my MAGA hat in the barrio because I know the mentality of some of the dwellers. All it takes is one. I wouldn't have worn my MAGA hat in a popular chain because I know the mentality of some of the wait staff. I'm not a big fan of hockers in my food.

Unlike, Wolves, I'm glad to see that you acknowledged that it was wrong. You'll just have to believe when I say that if a group of young punks beat up a Bernie supporter, I'd be pissed. See, I like that freedom of speech and association thingy. Others who don't shouldn't label others as fascist.

[ 05-17-2018, 07:03 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

--------------------

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wanna be fascist says what?

He wore a stupid hat, he should have known better. Fu*k him.

And you're full of it claiming the Starbucks manager would have/might have called on white people. It caused a sh!tstorm because every breathing human with 2 functional brain cells knows better.

You, being a Starbucks patron know better.

And, if you think you're fooling anybody with your sham sympathy for the Cheesecake guy, you're not.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:

And you're full of it claiming the Starbucks manager would have/might have called on white people. It caused a sh!tstorm because every breathing human with 2 functional brain cells knows better.

And, if you think you're fooling anybody with your sham sympathy for the Cheesecake guy, you're not.

Jeez, so much here.

He should have known better because he wore a stupid hat? Stupid says who? I'd say this is the height of intolerance.

Wrt Starbucks, I'm there sometimes twice a day. The vast majority of employees are liberal. If I'm not mistaken, the place where it happened was in Downtown Philly. Downtown USA is a haven for homeless bums. I imagine Downtown establishments have a policy of only patrons using bathrooms to cut back on these human eye sores. So yeah, a Downtown Starbucks is a bit different than a neighborhood or suburban Starbucks. A bit off topic, but what would have hurt either of these two cheapskates to spend a dollar on a bag of chips? I grew up in the restaurant business and it's well known among the non-entitled that you can't go into an establishment without making a purchase.

Eh, you could believe what you want about my sympathies.

--------------------

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:

Jeez, so much here.

He should have known better because he wore a stupid hat? Stupid says who? I'd say this is the height of intolerance.

Wrt Starbucks, I'm there sometimes twice a day. The vast majority of employees are liberal. If I'm not mistaken, the place where it happened was in Downtown Philly. Downtown USA is a haven for homeless bums. I imagine Downtown establishments have a policy of only patrons using bathrooms to cut back on these human eye sores. So yeah, a Downtown Starbucks is a bit different than a neighborhood or suburban Starbucks. A bit off topic, but what would have hurt either of these two cheapskates to spend a dollar on a bag of chips? I grew up in the restaurant business and it's well known among the non-entitled that you can't go into an establishment without making a purchase.

Eh, you could believe what you want about my sympathies.

They were waiting for someone to join them, Blue. **** man, that is what has me so frustrated with you. They weren't being cheapskates, for Christ's sake, they were being courteous to the friend they were waiting on.

And once again, you, meaning YOU, BLUE THUNDER, wear your maga hat knowing it's provocative, and are prepared for any blowback, you have fun with it, and you acknowledge there are places you wouldn't wear it.

It is irrelevant whether Cheesecake Factory should or should not be a place of "sanctuary" or not.

If someone is going to do something provocative, regardless of what it is, they should be prepared for the blowback. Period. If they're not, that is their fault.

Lastly, there being the risk of blowback for someone expressing their opinion isn't fascism. Being arrested for it is. But, we don't do that here.

Yet.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the saying goes, when you choose an action, you also choose the consequences of that action, for good or ill.

THAT'S the bottom line.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
http://kutv.com/news/nation-world/black-trump-supporter-allegedly-harassed-for-wearing-maga-hat-to-cheesecake-factory

The N-Bomb was allegedly used. When I first saw this before I heard of the possible racial slur, I chalked it up to a bunch of deranged nitwits suffering from a certain form of mental illness. I don't automatically think racism when there's an incident involving Blacks like a lot of people here do.

So you don't see racism here, but you saw racism in the graduation and Starbucks. I've been to a million Starbucks, and the employees seem to be rather liberal. How do you know the employee wouldn't have treated White loiterers the same? And by the way, I'm no lawyer, but I'm wiling to bet that she has one helluva lawsuit if she decides to pursue it.

How the f*ck is it racism when it was black on black?

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

I guess I need to point this out, UNLIKE the Starbucks thing?

How is this confusing?

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
quote:

Where does it say it was Black-on-Black?

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Thought it did in the New Times piece. Actually given that it was the Dadeland location, they were probably actually Cuban, which makes it even weirder.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Okay so er ah abort my comparisons.

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Thought it did in the New Times piece. Actually given that it was the Dadeland location, they were probably actually Cuban, which makes it even weirder.

Eh, hasn't there been problems with the Cuban and Black community in Miami?

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Some. Nothing out of the ordinary for the last few decades. But Cubans flying to attack a tRumpRanger is weird, although not so much with the younger ones who would be working that kind of gig than the old farts.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Course also almost all the black Cubans stayed in Cuba, too.

--------------------

merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

It’s actually called “internalized racism”...I lost the same discussion with my daughter.

Interesting read here

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/12/black-on-black-racism-the-hazards-of-implicit-bias/384028/

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations