WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Facebook

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Facebook
Golem
Member # 21242

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Golem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Should Have Happened at the Facebook Hearing

ReasonTV
YouTube
April 14, 2018
quote:
It was hard to watch Mark Zuckerberg's congressional hearing without liking congress a lot less. In between the rampant showboating and clumsy soundbites, it became clear that a lot of legislators don't know enough about technology to competently regulate it. And even if they did, the federal government's track record on surveillance and privacy rights is less than sterling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5OJlF457iY

[ 04-14-2018, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Golem ]

IP: Logged
Golem
Member # 21242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Golem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Downloaded the Information That Facebook Has on Me. Yikes.

Brian X. Chen
The New York Times
April 11, 2018
quote:
When I downloaded a copy of my Facebook data last week, I didn’t expect to see much. My profile is sparse, I rarely post anything on the site, and I seldom click on ads. (I’m what some call a Facebook “lurker.”)

But when I opened my file, it was like opening Pandora’s box.

With a few clicks, I learned that about 500 advertisers — many that I had never heard of, like Bad Dad, a motorcycle parts store, and Space Jesus, an electronica band — had my contact information, which could include my email address, phone number and full name. Facebook also had my entire phone book, including the number to ring my apartment buzzer. The social network had even kept a permanent record of the roughly 100 people I had deleted from my friends list over the last 14 years, including my exes.

More
The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That old joke about the opposite of progress being congress actually seems less like a joke after that song and dance stupidity. A high school freshman knows more about this than those jackasses.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Fake J.D. McKay:
That old joke about the opposite of progress being congress actually seems less like a joke after that song and dance stupidity. A high school freshman knows more about this than those jackasses.

From the musical 1776
[ADAMS, spoken]
Dear God! For one solid year, they have been sitting here! A whole year! Doing nothing!

(sung)
I do believe you've laid a curse on
North America
A curse that we here now rehearse in
Philadelphia
A second flood, a simple famine
Plagues of locusts everywhere
Or a cataclysmic earthquake
I'd accept with some despair

But no, you sent us Congress
Good God, sir, was that fair?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations