WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Fox News and Winter Olympic Team quote

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox News and Winter Olympic Team quote
paulsonj72
Member # 58715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for paulsonj72     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Put this in the political forum because it belongs here. It is a story about a Fox news Executive and the makeup of the US Winter Olympic Team.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/02/08/fox-news-executive-editor-john-moodyblasts-us-olympic-team-darker-gayer-different/23356863/

IP: Logged
merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“If someone is denied a slot on a team because of prejudice, that’s one thing. Complaining that every team isn’t a rainbow of political correctness defeats the purpose of sports, which is competition,” wrote Moody. “At the Olympic level, not everyone is a winner. Not everyone gets a little plastic trophy to take home.”

Is there a problem in this statement?

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try not to skip the part that IS problematic, next time, hmm?

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by merc:
“If someone is denied a slot on a team because of prejudice, that’s one thing. Complaining that every team isn’t a rainbow of political correctness defeats the purpose of sports, which is competition,” wrote Moody. “At the Olympic level, not everyone is a winner. Not everyone gets a little plastic trophy to take home.”

Is there a problem in this statement?

None, but has this guy ever watched the figure skating competition?

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds like someone has color issues.... too many darkies on our team?

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
sounds like someone has color issues.... too many darkies on our team?

10 of over 200....wow.

But FOX removed the column from their online site and retracted the story in its entirety.....but that still didn't stop Anderson Cooper from putting it on his "RidcuList"

Pretty much says it all.

[ 02-14-2018, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USOC would like as much diversity on it's Olympic teams as possible. All Moody, in my opinion, was doing is pointing out that a better athlete shouldn't be overlooked and not make the team because the USOC wants diversity. He is insinuating an affirmative action type of standard over the best athlete available.... His writing that “Unless it’s changed overnight, the motto of the Olympics, since 1894, has been ‘Faster, Higher, Stronger.’ It appears the U.S. Olympic Committee would like to change that to ‘Darker, Gayer, Different.’ If your goal is to win medals, that won’t work,” is what has over- sensitive people in an uproar.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you really think that its not the best athletes being chosen and its based on skin color?

Not the guy writing, or Fox news....

what do you think?

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He doesn't think. Why would you even ask him to do so?

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

King Francis
Member # 24068

always hope???? ok.. enjoy the spin job later is more like it

--------------------

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
do you really think that its not the best athletes being chosen and its based on skin color?

what do you think?

If “those people” learn how to skate, ski, and swim won’t be nothing left for “us”

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

King Francis
Member # 24068

quote:
Originally posted by sam the lion from WA:
quote:

what do you think?

If “those people” learn how to skate, ski, and swim won’t be nothing left for “us”
the old joke...

why doesnt Mexico have a Olympic team?

everyone that can run, jump or swim is already here

--------------------

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it is worth, nobody has improved more in the Olympics than the UK in recent years.

Yes a lot more investment helped, but every trick was used to get everybody in a multicultural society involved.

The results being the 2012 home Olympics was fronted by Jessica Ennis (a mixed race Yorkshire woman) and the most successful athlete was Mo Farah, who came to the UK as a child Somalian refugee. And one of the most popular people in team was/is Tom Daly, who was a child prodigy who came out as being gay, and since won multiple Diving world Championships, as well as Olympic medals.

[ 02-14-2018, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Bcleah ]

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I wonder how many better athletes of color have been passed over in favor of whites. Give me a f****** break.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that was just honky oh excuse me hunky dory in Leave it to Beaver White Privilege Land. GIVE me a f****** break.

--------------------

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
And I wonder how many better athletes of color have been passed over in favor of whites. Give me a f****** break.

90% of the athletes from the Negro League say hello.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

I actually meant even in Nordic Sports.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations