WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Walter Scott Murder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walter Scott Murder
The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was resolution in this case today with a guilty plea. I am struck by the amazing amount of grace displayed by Walter's family. They have been a beautiful group of people since early in this case and I am so sorry that they had to display it, but the terrible decision by Slager to commit murder led us here.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2017/12/07/ex-cop-gets-20-years-killing-black-man-ran-away-sc-traffic-stop

IP: Logged
merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you on how the Scott family has stood throughout this. Pretty sure I would not be as graceful, which has lead me to this thought-
why the death penalty wasn't sought?

This crime is a classic case for it, and compares with many of the death row cases in the State. To classify it as manslaughter is very...disappointing...seems like the wrong word, but you get the idea.

Thanks for posting the update.

[ 12-07-2017, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: merc ]

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations