WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Roy Moore (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Roy Moore
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roy Moore can't flat out deny relationships with minors...

Many Alabamians don't see the wrong in a 32 year old man sexually abusing a 14, 16 and 17 year
old...

WTF is wrong with people????????

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

IP: Logged
The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He actually did deny it today. I suppose his being a molester probably makes him a liar on that, but he’s a good man of The Lord.
jjmike
Member # 3833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjmike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The highest comedy was Hannity afterwards still doing the "nothing to see here routine" while Geraldo sitting right next to him pretty much saying "Sean, your interview just killed this guy's campaign".
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened, Geraldo have a sudden attack of integrity?

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Geraldo knows better than to get behind a child molester.

No pun intended.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jjmike:
The highest comedy was Hannity afterwards still doing the "nothing to see here routine" while Geraldo sitting right next to him pretty much saying "Sean, your interview just killed this guy's campaign".

Geraldo was wrong. This guy will get elected unless he is absolutely thrown under the bus and withdrawn by the party.
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And for the people who question “why now?” when the victim comes out— there is NO WRONG TIME for a victim to come forward. Pathetic.

--------------------

I don't like the divorce font!
---
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Fake J.D. McKay:
quote:
Originally posted by jjmike:

Geraldo was wrong. This guy will get elected unless he is absolutely thrown under the bus and withdrawn by the party.
The NRSC, the Senate Republican's campaign assistance committee just stopped the money flow in Alabama. Not a good sign, although the RNC has yet to step away.

Moore's name cannot be removed from the ballot even if he steps down from the campaign; any such removal has to happen some 70-odd days prior to the election; we're 30 days away.

There's a movement on to get Moore's Primary opponent, Luther Strange, to build a write-in campaign to challenge Moore. There's some legal hoops to jump through that make this very difficult in Alabama, but it's not impossible. This scenario increases the chance of Democrat Doug Jones of winning due to vote splitting, however, so the national GOP (read: RNC) is going to probably frown on that.

The latest poll shows Jones tying Moore, 46%-46%, which is a huge drop for Moore who was running double digits ahead of Jones just four days previously. Standard proviso, "it's just one poll", but if we see two or three others in the next week showing similar results, there's going to be a lot of nervous folks on both sides of the aisle all of a sudden. Putting your money on Moore is still the smart bet, but putting down $10 on a side-bet (if it were legal, of course) wouldn't be a dumb move, either....

And keep in mind that Moore is unpopular with the Senate GOP in the first place, and his win will probably make him "Todd Akin 2018" for the Democrats -- a walking talking advertisement for the midterms that the GOP isn't going to be too interested in defending. They'll put up a de rigeur defense because it's expected party politics, but there won't be any weight behind it.

This could be the tipping point that gives the Democrats a chance at taking the Senate next year, in an environment that shouldn't allow it (even if it would only take winning 3 seats).

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

In Alabama, the R party can revoke his nomination at any time. He will still be on the ballot but none of his votes count.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember the proviso, "It's just one poll?"

It ain't anymore:

quote:
Louisiana-based JMC Analytics conducted the poll after allegations of sexual misconduct by Moore were reported by The Washington Post.

The poll had Jones received 46 percent support in the poll to Moore's 42 percent. With a margin of error of 4 percent, however, the race is essentially a statistical tie.

The poll also had 9 percent of participants declaring themselves undecided.

And three other polls show Moore's lead shrinking drastically. Even Gravis Marketing, which is known to have a pro-GOP House Effects lean is showing Moore with only a 2-point lead.

And there's not only significant anti-Moore buzz coming from the GOP Senate offices, rumour says McConnell would rather lose the seat than have Moore in the Upper Chamber.

Usually we see this with the Democrats, with the national party looking on aghast, and the State Party going all "What? I don't see the problem..."

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

1000 Masks But No Jobs
Member # 2102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1000 Masks But No Jobs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see how anyone can possibly vote for Moore, but I also don't really understand straight ticket voting on the whole, either. Sometimes the candidate your party puts up is so terrible that it requires crossing parties.

[ 11-12-2017, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: 1000 Masks But No Jobs ]

--------------------
Your back-to-back (2009 and 2010) Too Tall Cup Champion.

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

quote:
Originally posted by 1000 Masks But No Jobs:
I don't see how anyone can possibly vote for Moore, but I also don't really understand straight ticket voting on the whole, either. Sometimes the candidate your party puts up is so terrible that it requires crossing parties.

Yes. But on the other hand, this is a special election for a vacant seat to fulfill the term of Sessions. That may well be the difference here. But I still think Moore will win. I have little faith in southern voters.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well yeah, especially the ones who elected Sessions in the first place...

--------------------

mr. disco
Member # 1736

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr. disco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a bunch of people who elected Moore again after he'd been removed from office. I have no faith that he won't win. But if he does, it will be very interesting how he's treated if elected. The Senate even in these divided times, is very much a staid group who take their positions seriously, far more than the house. I could see Moore getting elected, but the party giving him basically no committee assignments, and more or less shunning him.

--------------------
"Just because you ain't paranoid don't mean they ain't out to get you." - Steve Earle

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

A Fifth Woman Accuses Senate Candidate Roy Moore of Sexual Misconduct
"Misconduct". Sounds like "Assault" to me.

And a damning denunciation from Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell: "I think he should step aside. I believe the women, yes."

If he gets elected, he might get a job making sure everyone in committee has enough pencils and pens, but that's about as far as McConnell is likely to put him towards any position of substance.

And the Alabama GOP Chairperson is warning off any State Office holders from supporting any write-in candidate:
quote:
"It would be a serious error for any current elected GOP official or candidate to publicly endorse another party’s candidate, an independent, a third party or a write in candidate in a general election as well," [Alabama Republican Party Chairman Terry] Lathan said. "I have heard of no GOP elected official or candidate that is even considering this option."
She then basically said -- without coming right OUT and saying it, of course -- that any Republican that does any of that won't get ballot access next year. Regardless of position, the Party will deny them a place on the ballot and pick someone else directly. And the State Party rule she cited would be in effect for 6 years.

I now expect the Alabama GOP is about to go to war with itself, as there are going to be some office-holders who will buck the Party over this (given that the second-most senior national Republican has just said what he did). Moore's going toxic, and the Alabama GOP hasn't got anything close to sterile procedures for this....

[ 11-13-2017, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

More bad news for Mr. Moore (I'd use his title, but since he was fired from the position, he doesn't deserve it any more):

:NRSC Chairman Cory Gardner (R-CO) said that Moore is "unfit to serve,". Further, the chair of the GOP's national Senate campaign committee says that if he's elected, he should be expelled from the Senate.

I can see quite a few GOP Senators being more than willing to side with the Democrats on the point. Six or eight of them at least, and I could see a good dozen or more deciding that they don't need that albatross around their necks next year (as well as a few like Flake and McCain who would be more than happy to take him behind the woodshed for half-an-hour or so....).

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Moore is elected even after all this, it tells me all about most of Alabama that I need to know.

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://vimeo.com/184917104

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

More trouble in GOP-Land over this.

While the Senate Republicans are basically washing their hands of Moore, The RNC itself hasn't
quote:
...[The] Republican National Committee remains in Moore’s corner — at least for now.

About a dozen national party staffers are on the ground in Alabama, handling field organizing duties for next month’s special election between Moore and Democratic nominee Doug Jones, an RNC official told BuzzFeed News.

I expect a few harshly worded telephone conversations are going on between the different Party groups.

And this is just one more example of the fracturing that is going on within the GOP. They're making the Democrats look like a solid core of mutual supporters....which should make just about anybody laugh. And I doubt that it is going to get any better what with Bannon, et.al., poking at the balloon with sharp sticks.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

So now it's coming out that Moore was banned from his local mall for hitting on teenage chicks.

--------------------

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
So now it's coming out that Moore was banned from his local mall for hitting on teenage chicks.

And the YMCA, believe that one, or not.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

Commish from California
Member # 128796

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Commish from California     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chgowolvs44:
quote:

And yet, he'll probably still get the most votes, whether or not the GOP force him out of the race.
chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Oh, I have no faith in Alabama hillbillies capability to discern that 32 year old men messing with 14 year old girls is wrong.

Particularly when the all encompassing evil that is George Soros lurks out there...somewhere.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by chgowolvs44:
quote:

Maybe it wasn't chicks.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

It's official: The outcome of the Alabama race is a huge question mark.

The Cook Political Report officially downgraded the race to Toss Up. Even in the face of story, many of Moore's supporters are convinced of it being nothing more than a smear job. As Jennifer Duffy in her report notes,
quote:
Moore has plenty of defenders in Alabama who are so convinced that this is fake news that they won’t spend a minute wondering if what these women are saying is true. One of Moore’s supporters explained his views in an interview with The Hill, saying, "My gosh, it's The Washington Post. If I’ve got a choice of putting my welfare into the hands of Putin or The Washington Post, Putin wins every time." Needless to say that he will be voting for Moore.
What does she think is the big story in all the hubbub of the scandal? The NRSC Chair coming down against Moore
quote:
So what is the most important of these developments? Chairman Gardner’s statement, as he is speaking for the leadership. This puts the Republican Conference clearly on the record in their belief that Moore is unfit to serve, and means that they have enough votes to expel Moore should he make it to the Senate.
Highlighting some of the problems in that position within the Republican Conference, Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-GA) says that a Democratic win would be ruinous, even though "anybody who violates the moral code of ethics and decency should not be serving in the United States Senate."

And over in The House, Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL)says he's sticking with Moore, again with the "anything is better than a Democrat" logic, saying that the conservative agenda is "vastly more important" than the claims against Moore.

The next 3 weeks are crucial for both candidates. And both Parties. Democrat Jones is airing a commercial filled with registered Republicans talking about why they can't vote for Moore, while Moore stokes the populist sentiment with emails like the one he sent out to supporters yesterday entitled, "McConnell’s Dirty Plot to Destroy Me." Yeah, he's now blaming McConnell instead of the media and the Democrats.

If the polls worsen against Moore, recognize that he will not step down. And the outcome, which ever way the ballot box results are, is going to create a lot of problems in the Senate.

Remember when November was supposed to be all about tax reform....?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its the logic:

And over in The House, Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL)says he's sticking with Moore, again with the "anything is better than a Democrat" logic, saying that the conservative agenda is "vastly more important" than the claims against Moore.

that tells me just how f*cked up these people are.. a PEDOPHILE is better to vote for than a Democrat, cuz you know he is one of us...

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Nothing new there. Their pet collaborationist Jew Horowitz said the same thing in one of his books.

--------------------

Daddy Dewdrop
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Dewdrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
a PEDOPHILE is better to vote for than a Democrat, cuz you know he is one of us...

In more ways than one, methinks.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Dewdrop:
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
a PEDOPHILE is better to vote for than a Democrat, cuz you know he is one of us...

In more ways than one, methinks.
why they understand and love him so much... who couldn't relate to abusing teenagers when your in your 30's.. even if they aint related

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

quote:
Nothing new there. Their pet collaborationist Jew Horowitz said the same thing in one of his books.

That guy is worse than Uncle Tom Clarke. Horowitz literally makes me sick, and I'm not even Jewish.

--------------------

Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN
Member # 3001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is there such selective acceptance or righteous indignation of sexual molestation? If it were your child or sibling, would you give a damn whether he or she were a liberal or conservative, atheist or evangelical, Democrat or Republican? There should be no whataboutism here.

Whether it was a Clinton or a Moore, it wasn't right. Neither can go to trial now. The only thing that can be done is to acknowledge that it is wrong, and do what is right by condemning perpetrators and try to stop future occurrences.

Anyone who thinks this is some kind of evil conspiracy to prevent a Christian conservative from public service is sadly mistaken.

Take it from a southerner, Roy Moore is a 21st century Republican version of a 20th century Democrat in the south. He's a glad handing, Bible thumping, hypocrite in the mold of George Wallace, Frank Clement, Strom Thurmond, etc. Voters then were aware of their candidates' crookedness, but overlooked it. In other words. "He's a crook, but he's our crook." Politics in the south hasn't changed much, just the parties that offer the candidates.

--------------------
When news breaks, we fix it.

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
Originally posted by Abdullah The Pastry Chef from TN:
Take it from a southerner, Roy Moore is a 21st century Republican version of a 20th century Democrat in the south. He's a glad handing, Bible thumping, hypocrite in the mold of George Wallace, Frank Clement, Strom Thurmond, etc. Voters then were aware of their candidates' crookedness, but overlooked it. In other words. "He's a crook, but he's our crook." Politics in the south hasn't changed much, just the parties that offer the candidates.

I sometimes get the feeling that The Kingfish is lookin' down (lookin' up?) at all this, shakin' his head sadly and sayin', "Fellers, t'aint the way I toldja!"

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

And now we got the Speaker of The House saying, "He should step aside."

More, he says the claims are "credible", which has been poli-speak since the days of Harding (at least) meaning "they got ya dead-to-rights, m'man."

In an associated story, AG Sessions says he isn't interested in returning to the Senate, and won't accept either a write-in win or an appointment by Alabama's Governor.

And now I hear that even Bannon is having second thoughts about Moore.

And the latest joke going around: "GOP stands for 'Grand Old Pedobears'." Ouch.

That's the sort of thing that could stick....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

And the RNC just dropped Moore.

More or less making it official: The National Party doesn't want anything to do with him.

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

My prediction as of now is that he wins the election and the senate refuses to seat him. With 2018 being a volatile year, that could turn into a major issue for the R party.
Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could we have Patti LuPone sing a rousing rendition of "Don't Cry for Me, Alabama"?

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://vimeo.com/184917104

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Perhaps we'll eventually get Harvey Weinstein producing "The Roy Moore Story" starring Kevin Spacey, and directed by Roman Polanski from a script by Louis CK.

--------------------

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

quote:
Originally posted by Billy Burgess:
Perhaps we'll eventually get Harvey Weinstein producing "The Roy Moore Story" starring Kevin Spacey, and directed by Roman Polanski from a script by Louis CK.

-
King Francis
Member # 24068

you guys arent looking at it the right way.. like Rush said, he was a democrat at the time...

nothing to do with repubs

--------------------

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious Robocall from "Washington Post" Seeking Dirt on Roy Moore

Bernie Bernstein? Can they fuel the fear of "them" and "others" any more (or moore)?

Why not say this is Khalid Muhammed calling from the anti-christ El Shabazz news?

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
Curious Robocall from "Washington Post" Seeking Dirt on Roy Moore

Bernie Bernstein? Can they fuel the fear of "them" and "others" any more (or moore)?

Why not say this is Khalid Muhammed calling from the anti-christ El Shabazz news?

Yep. Couldn't be any more transparent if they'd used the name "Jewy McJewberg." [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[ 11-15-2017, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Mr. Parts Unknown ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations