WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Nuclear Weapons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nuclear Weapons
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think we will see the use of a nuclear weapon in war in our future?

Should the U.S. consider using a nuclear weapon even if the country provoking the U.S. only does so using conventional weapons of war?

Should using a nuclear weapon be an option in dealing with the North Korean?

Would a nuclear strike be an acceptable response to a non nuclear terrorist attack that saw massive casualties on U.S. soil?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Claymation Quartermain:

Should the U.S. consider using a nuclear weapon even if the country provoking the U.S. only does so using conventional weapons of war?

Would a nuclear strike be an acceptable response to a non nuclear terrorist attack that saw massive casualties on U.S. soil?

1. Not likely

2. No

3. No, you see there are these other things called "countries" close by. Nuking N. Korea is much the same as nuking Japan, S. Korea, & China.

4. No, a totally ineffective response

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

DaClyde
Member # 127626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DaClyde   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think any country launching a nuke in this day and age would find themselves on the wrong side of another World War.
Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Question two has already answered in 1945...

So that means that question one is yes.

3: The North Korean regime will stay in power at any cost, unless we talk to them. That is going to be far from easy, but taking the threat of Nuclear attack of them, off the table, would be a good first step.

4: Depends who attacks them and how. There was no one to attack in that manner the last time the US was attacked like that (September 11 2001).

The British satire Yes Minister/Prime Minister sort of answered the question in the 80s:

[ 09-14-2017, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Bcleah ]

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, we may getting a definitive answer soon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-41275614

merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think nukes will be used, not necessarily in a "war".

quote:
Should the U.S. consider using a nuclear weapon even if the country provoking the U.S. only does so using conventional weapons of war? [/qb]
All options should be viable.

quote:
Should using a nuclear weapon be an option in dealing with the North Korean?[/qb]
Yep. Tactical nukes may not involve other countries.

quote:
Would a nuclear strike be an acceptable reysponse to a non nuclear terrorist attack that saw massive casualties on U.S. soil? [/qb]
Location, location, location. Operating out of Paris seems less likely a nuke target than a cave in Somewherestan.

At the time of the bunker busting bomb usage, I wondered about the use of a tactical nuke rendering the immediate area uninhabitable. Which was more humane...in a deadly way.

[ 09-15-2017, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: merc ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations