WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » OT: attack on London Bridge - now 3 incidents (Page 2)

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OT: attack on London Bridge - now 3 incidents
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
Probably also could explain why Poland ranks 28th in Europe in nominal GDP per capita.

And if Poland took in hundreds of thousands of third world refugees, they'd be ranked in the top 5.
IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-05/london-attacker-appeared-bbc-terrorism-documentary

Look at this, one of the terrorists was in some reality show documentary called Jihad next door. I saw some of the documentary. These subhumans were praying openly with the ISIS flag in broad daylight in a London park. Seriously, theres wasn't one bad ass hooligan to take liberties with these animals. Ah, then again, he would have been arrested for hate crimes. Boy did Archie Bunker hit the nail on the head with the Brits.

So, the question that begs to be asked is why was he allowed to stay in the country? The good news is that Michael Savage, a 75 year old Jew, is banned from Britain for essentially telling the truth.

I'm dying to see the tough measures that'll be enacted by either May or Corbyn. From what I hear, these two are the equivalent of Hillary and Jeb.

IP: Logged
the bear
Member
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-05/london-attacker-appeared-bbc-terrorism-documentary

Seriously, theres wasn't one bad ass hooligan to take liberties with these animals. Ah, then again, he would have been arrested for hate crimes.

 -

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

IP: Logged
the bear
Member
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:
No city in the world has put up with this crap for so long as us

 -

Well, here's the problemโ€ฆdifferent time, different, era, and different England. Back then, the men were men. Sadly, it seems that England has been completely cucked. I honestly believe that if Churchill miraculously came back from the dead, he'd be arrested for inciting racism by the fairies that run Britain.

I love Tommy Robinson. it's people like him that will save the masses from the retrogrades. Unfortunately, for every one Tommy Robinson, there's probably two of you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChjfFx_zLU

I love the guy that wants to hide behind a fictional wall and closed borders acting like he's the tough one here

You want to act terrified and give them what they want, yet you're the tough guy

laughable

[ 06-07-2017, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

IP: Logged
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
Probably also could explain why Poland ranks 28th in Europe in nominal GDP per capita.

And if Poland took in hundreds of thousands of third world refugees, they'd be ranked in the top 5.
Obviously countries have limits to the number of new people they can handle. You're moving the goal posts. What you have been advocating is "closing the borders". It doesn't take Milton Friedman to tell you that economic strength and the free movement of people are directly correlated. There is a reason why countries like France and Germany and the UK have triple or quadruple the GDP per head of Poland and other closed off societies. American and Chinese economic growth was unchained when they became more open to the world as well.
IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
Probably also could explain why Poland ranks 28th in Europe in nominal GDP per capita.

And if Poland took in hundreds of thousands of third world refugees, they'd be ranked in the top 5.
Obviously countries have limits to the number of new people they can handle. You're moving the goal posts. What you have been advocating is "closing the borders". It doesn't take Milton Friedman to tell you that economic strength and the free movement of people are directly correlated. There is a reason why countries like France and Germany and the UK have triple or quadruple the GDP per head of Poland and other closed off societies. American and Chinese economic growth was unchained when they became more open to the world as well.
I was being sarcastic.

There's many reasons why many countries are ahead of Poland. Poland and Hungary are open in the sense that they're members of the EU. In theory, and citizen of the EU can enter these countries. They both draw the line when they were told to take in Muslim refugees. There is absolutely no upside economically or socially to that scheme.

Again, Warsaw doesn't seem to be in any imminent danger of being attacked any time soon. You can't say that about London, Paris, or any other major city in Western Europe.

It also doesn't take a Milton Friedman to figure out that German tax payers are footing an enormous bill because of Angela Merkel. Think about it. Germans have to pay taxes so foreigners can eat, be sheltered, have kids, rape women, and kill innocent natives. Yeah, that was a great deal. Since you've linked migration and economics, tell me the upside of merkel's invitation.

IP: Logged
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The upside of German openness is they are one of the global leaders of technological and energy innovation, they have markets all over the world open to them, and a greater global influence since they have inherited the mantle of the rules based order. All of this has led to an absolute powerhouse of an economy. Yes, there are trade offs, and being the leader means you have to bite the bullet, but their people are very well taken care of. You have to look at things from a broad perspective.

By the way, the phrase "since you've linked migration and economics" is very troubling. Migration is one of the main drivers of economics and is key to economic thought.

IP: Logged
Back pops
Member
Member # 117351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Back pops     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Bear know how much it must have hurt to post the millwall fan as hero. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…
IP: Logged
the bear
Member
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah a very very rare occurance for me to give them credit for anything at all!

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Back pops:
Hey Bear know how much it must have hurt to post the millwall fan as hero. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

You mean the one who represents the fighting spirit of the old time Brits who were fearless? The moral eunuchs who criticize his type aren't good enough to lace his shoes.
IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:

By the way, the phrase "since you've linked migration and economics" is very troubling. Migration is one of the main drivers of economics and is key to economic thought.

Well, you're under the assumption that all migrants are the same. Some do create economic booms for their new area. On the other side of the coin, some are complete drains. In Germany's case it's the latter.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

It didn't take an Einstein to figure this out. Merkel is worst than Hitler. She invaded her own country with some of the most backward humans God ever put on the planet. She's hellbent on replacing civilized German culture with something chaotic. This surge in crime isn't only a social disaster, it hit the pocket books of real Germans.

IP: Logged
the bear
Member
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by Back pops:
Hey Bear know how much it must have hurt to post the millwall fan as hero. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

You mean the one who represents the fighting spirit of the old time Brits who were fearless? The moral eunuchs who criticize his type aren't good enough to lace his shoes.
I';m a West ham fan, been going to the games since 70s'. Millwall are our mortal enemy (literally, people have been killed over it)


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/6105500/West-Ham-v-Millwall-a-history-of-how-the-rivalry-started.html

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/west-ham-v-milwall-a-look-at-the-rivalry-that-burns-london/


The basis of many films etc, Green Street, The Firm, ID

Rise of the Footsoldier and Cass feature it too as they are based on real West Ham fans

[ 06-08-2017, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the bear:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by Back pops:
Hey Bear know how much it must have hurt to post the millwall fan as hero. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

You mean the one who represents the fighting spirit of the old time Brits who were fearless? The moral eunuchs who criticize his type aren't good enough to lace his shoes.
I';m a West ham fan, been going to the games since 70s'. Millwall are our mortal enemy (literally, people have been killed over it)


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-ham/6105500/West-Ham-v-Millwall-a-history-of-how-the-rivalry-started.html

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/west-ham-v-milwall-a-look-at-the-rivalry-that-burns-london/

Gotcha. Okay, it's a rivalry similar to the Chicago Bears and Green bay Packers or NY Yankees and Boston Red Sox
IP: Logged
the bear
Member
Member # 1565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pretty sure it's worse

there have been murders, and the London police cancel all leave every time we play

goes back over a 100 years - n 17 September 1906, in a Western League game, Millwall player Alf Dean was hurled against a metal advertising board by West Ham's Len Jarvis.[21] Others were stretchered off following heavy tackles. The East Ham Echo reported: "From the very first kick of the ball it was seen likely to be some trouble, but the storm burst when Dean and Jarvis came into collision (Millwall had two players sent off during the match). This aroused considerable excitement among the spectators. The crowds on the bank having caught the fever, free fights were plentiful."


Basically started as rivarly between different sets of dockers on the Thames attaching themselves to each club and has got worse and worse since


The last one had mobs of hundreds a side outside fighting who didn't even attempt to go to the match

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1209028/Man-stabbed-West-Ham-Millwall-fans-brawl-outside-stadium.html

[ 06-08-2017, 07:55 AM: Message edited by: the bear ]

--------------------
Check out my Wrestling collection - Now over 14000 DVD's
http://www.freewebs.com/cbenee/

IP: Logged
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:

By the way, the phrase "since you've linked migration and economics" is very troubling. Migration is one of the main drivers of economics and is key to economic thought.

Well, you're under the assumption that all migrants are the same. Some do create economic booms for their new area. On the other side of the coin, some are complete drains. In Germany's case it's the latter.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

It didn't take an Einstein to figure this out. Merkel is worst than Hitler. She invaded her own country with some of the most backward humans God ever put on the planet. She's hellbent on replacing civilized German culture with something chaotic. This surge in crime isn't only a social disaster, it hit the pocket books of real Germans.
[/QUOTE

No, I'm assuming everything I learned in college is correct. You're arguing against basic economics 101 with racist gibberish. You fail to recognize the importance of economic openness. 10 million American jobs rely on exports for example. If President dumb-dumb wants to close the borders, do you think other countries whose residents hate us will want to trade with us? Of course not and this is already starting now. So when unemployment goes up to 15% what do you think happens? Crime goes up! So instead of being rich and living in relative safety with ample military protection, well paid law enforcement and intelligence agencies, you are advocating being poor and living in a cesspool of crime with no tax base to support the military, law enforcement or infrastructure. Replace America with Germany and it's the same concept.

IP: Logged
Dirko
Member
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
Well, you're under the assumption that all migrants are the same. Some do create economic booms for their new area. On the other side of the coin, some are complete drains. In Germany's case it's the latter.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/

It didn't take an Einstein to figure this out. Merkel is worst than Hitler. She invaded her own country with some of the most backward humans God ever put on the planet. She's hellbent on replacing civilized German culture with something chaotic. This surge in crime isn't only a social disaster, it hit the pocket books of real Germans.

I know quite a number of real Germans and the prevailing opinion among them seems to be that the refugee numbers are very high and that the refugee crisis might already have and continue to hit their pocket books. But they know that the alternative is to let countless people die and that's why they accept things as they are.

[ 06-08-2017, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Dirko ]

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

IP: Logged
John Williamson
Member
Member # 127199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Williamson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dirko, not doubting the German people you know but I don't believe that's the prevailing opinion among the overall German population. My experience is that the vast majority are not outwardly against immigration but believe the number of immigrants has been far too high and the whole thing handled very badly- I agree with that.

I don't know how relevant or not this is, and I may get in trouble for pointing this out but when I was there for long periods about 20-25 years ago was a hell of a lot of discrimination against the large Turkish community in the country. I think things have improved a lot in the years with the new generation of people who have grown up since the unification. I haven't been there to experience it myself so I'm not 100% on that.

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone was expecting this to throw the election in PM May and the Conservative Party's favour, I think they may be in for a bit of a shock....

Via The CBC: British Election Outcome Uncertain as Results Trickle In.

Via the WSJ: Early Results Suggest May's Call For Election Backfires

The Beeb: Conservatives 'to fall short of majority'

This is going to put not only PM May's hard-line on immigration in jeopardy -- if it doesn't de-rail it compleltely -- but also kills any "position of strength" when it comes to "Brexit", and may even result in her having to step down as PM, regardless of whether or not the Conservatives make up the next gov't or if a coalition gov't is formed with Labour leading the pack with both the Liberal Democrats and even the Scottish Nationalist Party (which looks to be keeping at least two dozen seats in the upcoming Parliament).

May's attempt to pump up her majority in a snap election just failed miserably. And given the background of this week's attacks.....well....



Yet another European nation thumbing its nose at the right-wing policies and parties (UKIP looks like they won't be in Parliament at all this time).

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
Dirko
Member
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by John Williamson:
Dirko, not doubting the German people you know but I don't believe that's the prevailing opinion among the overall German population. My experience is that the vast majority are not outwardly against immigration but believe the number of immigrants has been far too high and the whole thing handled very badly- I agree with that.

I don't know how relevant or not this is, and I may get in trouble for pointing this out but when I was there for long periods about 20-25 years ago was a hell of a lot of discrimination against the large Turkish community in the country. I think things have improved a lot in the years with the new generation of people who have grown up since the unification. I haven't been there to experience it myself so I'm not 100% on that.

I do admit that the Germans I know tend to be highly educated, intelligent and caring...

Regarding the Turks in Germany, it seems to me that while many Turks have assimilated pretty well (in that they speak the language, adopt certain cultural norms, etc), there was a major annoyance recently when the Turks in Germany voted overwhelmingly in favour of Erdรถgan becoming a dictator.

The refugees are seen as needing help, therefore they get more leeway. But the whole process of dealing with the refugees was handled badly because nobody asked me how to do it better...

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brit Conservative Party likely to form government in deal with Democratic Unionist Party, but May's position as PM may still be in danger

Iain Paisley's ghost must be feeling pretty happy: His populist (and paramilitary) party gets to play kingmaker in Westminster.

The UK can probably expect to be back at the polls in 2 years time....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
Bcleah
Member
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
Brit Conservative Party likely to form government in deal with Democratic Unionist Party, but May's position as PM may still be in danger

Iain Paisley's ghost must be feeling pretty happy: His populist (and paramilitary) party gets to play kingmaker in Westminster.

The UK can probably expect to be back at the polls in 2 years time....

Two years!?

The Tories destroy their leaders if they fail at the polls; I would be surprised if May lasts three months, and a new leader had not called another election by the end of the year.

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bcleah:
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
Brit Conservative Party likely to form government in deal with Democratic Unionist Party, but May's position as PM may still be in danger

Iain Paisley's ghost must be feeling pretty happy: His populist (and paramilitary) party gets to play kingmaker in Westminster.

The UK can probably expect to be back at the polls in 2 years time....

Two years!?

The Tories destroy their leaders if they fail at the polls; I would be surprised if May lasts three months, and a new leader had not called another election by the end of the year.

How long do most coalition or minority gov'ts last in the UK? Here in Canada, they average 18 months (although one did go 4-1/2 years, but it was a very special case).

Since May called that snap election shortly after she stepped up (Three months? Four?), I'm pretty sure her days as PM/Party Leader are numbered. But is it as likely that her successor will call a new election that quickly? If the Conservatives -- along with the DUP -- are all keen on the Brexit, another election could not only slow down the process as is, but if they get kicked to the curb, it's two years of work for nothing.

Of course, parliamentary tactics there are different from the Canucklehead version, so my analysis on that point could be pretty off....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
Bcleah
Member
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DUP/Tory relationship will be more like the pacts of the 90s and 70s, than Liberal/Conservative coalition of 2010-15.

The Ulster Unionists kept the Tories in power for about a year in 96/97; but both parties knew that no matter what there would be an election in May 97.

The Liberal/Labour pact of the late 70s again lasted about a year, before falling apart in late 78 and the Labour minority government losing a no confidence vote in April 79. For six months they relied on Scottish Nats and the Irish Unionists to get them through.

The slight problem the Tories have is that the DUP (Democratic Unionists) are a lot more extreme than the Ulster Unionists who for many years (until around 2005/06) were the main Unionist party.

For those who do not know the DUP is the party created by the late Rev Ian Paisley; many are creationists, are anti gay rights and anti abortion, all of which have not been mainstream points of views in the UK government for maybe 25 years.

Also Northern Ireland is currently going through some political difficulties and the UK government is supposed to play the 'honest broker' between Sinn Fein and the DUP; which would be tricky...

[ 06-10-2017, 08:02 AM: Message edited by: Bcleah ]

IP: Logged
SHOOTER
Member
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:
Originally posted by A Gene Wilder Somersault:
Probably also could explain why Poland ranks 28th in Europe in nominal GDP per capita.

And if Poland took in hundreds of thousands of third world refugees, they'd be ranked in the top 5.
Obviously countries have limits to the number of new people they can handle. You're moving the goal posts. What you have been advocating is "closing the borders". It doesn't take Milton Friedman to tell you that economic strength and the free movement of people are directly correlated. There is a reason why countries like France and Germany and the UK have triple or quadruple the GDP per head of Poland and other closed off societies. American and Chinese economic growth was unchained when they became more open to the world as well.
I was being sarcastic.

There's many reasons why many countries are ahead of Poland. Poland and Hungary are open in the sense that they're members of the EU. In theory, and citizen of the EU can enter these countries. They both draw the line when they were told to take in Muslim refugees. There is absolutely no upside economically or socially to that scheme.

Again, Warsaw doesn't seem to be in any imminent danger of being attacked any time soon. You can't say that about London, Paris, or any other major city in Western Europe.

It also doesn't take a Milton Friedman to figure out that German tax payers are footing an enormous bill because of Angela Merkel. Think about it. Germans have to pay taxes so foreigners can eat, be sheltered, have kids, rape women, and kill innocent natives. Yeah, that was a great deal. Since you've linked migration and economics, tell me the upside of merkel's invitation.

Unfortunately, the EU has now warned Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic they have 24 hours to start taking in refugees. Thankfully the 3 countries aren't going down without a fight and are ready to go to court... If they are forced to start taking them in I suppose terrorist attacks will eventually begin not too long after. We'll say "I told you so." and most others posting here will say [Eek!] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/13/eu-warns-poland-that-it-has-24-hours-to-start-taking-in-refugees-under-migrant-sharing-plan-6706291/

[ 06-14-2017, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: SHOOTER ]

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They'd be better off paying an inordinate amount of money in fines rather than wrecking their countries. I imagine any fine would be much cheaper than the costs of food, shelter, medical, free counsel to sue for discrimination, rebuilding blown up infrastructure, and grief counseling for rape victims.

[ 06-14-2017, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

IP: Logged
Blue Thunder
Member
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/london-police-investigating-incident-collision-pedestrians-002652224--abc-news-topstories.html

Shocking! I wonder what the Mayor of Londonstan will say.

IP: Logged
Dirko
Member
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/london-police-investigating-incident-collision-pedestrians-002652224--abc-news-topstories.html

Shocking! I wonder what the Mayor of Londonstan will say.

He called it "a horrific terrorist attack on innocent people in Finsbury Park. We donโ€™t yet know the full details, but this was clearly a deliberate attack on innocent Londoners, many of whom were finishing prayers during the holy month of Ramadan.
While this appears to be an attack on a particular community, like the terrible attacks in Manchester, Westminster and London Bridge it is also an assault on all our shared values of tolerance, freedom and respect.โ€


And the driver of the van shouted "I want to kill all Muslims!"

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/19/several-casualties-reported-after-van-hits-pedestrians-in-north-london

[ 06-19-2017, 07:09 AM: Message edited by: Dirko ]

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

IP: Logged
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given who was targeted, I doubt we'll hear any expressions of outrage over it from the usual suspects (and I include Trump in that pigeon-hole).

Hell, yesterday The Prez woke up to the news of seven dead US sailors, and immediately tweeted off about poll-numbers and the "witch hunt". Shows where his sense of importance lies, doesn't it?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3