WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Radio host Michael Savage attacked (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Radio host Michael Savage attacked
Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/Radio-host-Savage-says-he-was-attacked-outside-11005110.php

If this story is as he says it is, the attacker should pay dearly. Savage, for those who don't know him, is a conservative who's been behind Trump 100%. Me personally, it would take a heck of a whole lot to fight a 74 year old man. Based on these anti Trumps rallies, I can't say I'm surprised. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen earlier with him living in Frisco.

IP: Logged
Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not okay. Not okay either to act like this is expected behaviour from leftists.

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is as he says it is assault and battery, plain and simple. I do not know why it wouldn't be. Whoever did it should be prosecuted.

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was listening to him two weeks ago and he told of a story of him being in a bar overhearing patrons complain about the election. According to him, he told them that they should suck it up because his side lost. He urged his listeners to do the same when they hear others talking. Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. I could see a scenario where he was heckled and rather than brushing it off, he escalated it. Of course, this doesn't give anyone the right to hit a senior citizen.
chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree entirely with your last post. The whole thing.

Write this date down

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
From Blue Thunder: I was listening to him two weeks ago and he told of a story of him being in a bar overhearing patrons complain about the election. According to him, he told them that they should suck it up because his side lost. He urged his listeners to do the same when they hear others talking. Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. I could see a scenario where he was heckled and rather than brushing it off, he escalated it. Of course, this doesn't give anyone the right to hit a senior citizen.
Blue Thunder, good points and good post.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has there been any confirmation on his version of the events? If true, there should be prosecution, i

I tend to listen to Far right radio alot, mostly for the pure entertainment value, but also to know thy enemy in order to defeat them... Savage is the best/worst of them.. my favorite is how Scalia (spelling?) was murdered.. I mean look where the pillow was...

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
has there been any confirmation on his version of the events? If true, there should be prosecution, i

I tend to listen to Far right radio alot, mostly for the pure entertainment value, but also to know thy enemy in order to defeat them... Savage is the best/worst of them.. my favorite is how Scalia (spelling?) was murdered.. I mean look where the pillow was...

You know, I do like Savage. Yeah, he's far out there sometimes with his conspiracy theories. I like him because he's truly an independent conservative. While Bush was taking a wrecking ball to the country, Hannity and Rush turned a blind eye. Savage hammered Bush just as bad as he did Obama.

Even if one doesn't agree with Savage's politics, he's a very interesting guy. He has a lot of depth to his character. Two weeks ago he had an interesting show on suicide. I could listen to him all day when he's talking about nutrition and health.

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:

I tend to listen to Far right radio alot, mostly for the pure entertainment value, but also to know thy enemy in order to defeat them...

Ha ha ha. My wife asked me why I listen to Al Sharpton. I told her the exact same thing you said.
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Thunder:
quote:

I tend to listen to Far right radio alot, mostly for the pure entertainment value, but also to know thy enemy in order to defeat them...

Ha ha ha. My wife asked me why I listen to Al Sharpton. I told her the exact same thing you said.
both good reasons... I only have a 10 minute drive home, which is all I need for the day

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Okay, I was listening to the podcast today and there was an excellent point made. The guy who Savage accuses of assault started mocking his legal name (Weiner). Only someone who has followed this guys career knows his real name. This wasn't some random attack. It seems that Savage was targeted because of his politics.

Gotta say that it's refreshing to see no one condoning an attack on someone based on political beliefs.

[ 03-17-2017, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

King Francis
Member # 24068

quote:
Okay, I was listening to the podcast today and there was an excellent point made. The guy who Savage accuses of assault started mocking his legal name (Weiner). Only someone who has followed this guys career knows his real name. This wasn't some random attack. It seems that Savage was targeted because of his politics.

Gotta say that it's refreshing to see no one condoning an attack on someone based on political beliefs.

despite differences bewteen alot of us, most would not approve of it....

but has it been verified? not saying he isnt being truthful, but theres been a bit of non-truthing going on

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
quote:

but has it been verified? not saying he isnt being truthful, but theres been a bit of non-truthing going on

It looks like it's still in the investigation phase. I hate to say this, but from a financial standpoint, this may have worked to his advantage.His new book "Trump's War" came out this week.

[ 03-17-2017, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chgowolvs44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

It looks like it's still in the investigation phase. I hate to say this, but from a financial standpoint, this may have worked to his advantage.His new book "Trump's War" came out this week.
I'm not a fan of coincidence. This has a whiff of coincidence to it. But, I'll wait for further info.

--------------------
"A spokesman for the NYPD said the police were exercising their right to defend themselves from charging protesters who...were armed with dangerous ideas" Keith Olbermann RE:NYPD over reaction to OWS protests

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

You know, I do like Savage. Yeah, he's far out there sometimes with his conspiracy theories. I like him because he's truly an independent conservative. While Bush was taking a wrecking ball to the country, Hannity and Rush turned a blind eye. Savage hammered Bush just as bad as he did Obama.

Even if one doesn't agree with Savage's politics, he's a very interesting guy. He has a lot of depth to his character. Two weeks ago he had an interesting show on suicide. I could listen to him all day when he's talking about nutrition and health.

This is also the same gentleman who after being made to look foolish by a caller who identified himself as an active officer in the military and a homosexual called Savage out after he made some offhand comments about "queer soldiers" "sneaking up behind their comrades in the foxholes" as the primary reason for discouraging gays in the military. The gentleman went on to point out that sexual preferences didn't seem to have caused any great difficulties for Alexander of Macedon, who could certainly be said to have enjoyed a rather successful military career...

After being so cleverly verbally slapped down, Savage began literally screaming at the man, finally closing with, "I hope you and the rest of the damn queers get AIDS and die!"

I realize that Dr. Weiner aka "Savage" managed to avoid serving in the military, but does he really think that soldiers (gay or straight) are concerned with getting their jollies during the height of battle? Most people find getting shot at to be somewhat less than a turn-on.

Yeah, what a lovely human being... While I can't say that I approve of the alleged actions of the person that supposedly attacked him, I really can't conjure up a lot of sympathy for such a mean-spirited and nasty individual. To equate his vile attacks on a gentleman he should have been on his knees before thanking him for his service with "depth of character" is hardly a defensible position. If one is going to engage in a repeated pattern of hate-speech one ought not to be overly surprised when things escalate unpleasantly. Perhaps Dr. Weiner feels it his God-given right to go about poking polar bears with a stick, and maybe it is. On the other hand, the polar bears may have strong viewpoints to the contrary and be well provided by Mother Nature with more than adequate abilities to convey said viewpoints.

"Independent conservative"? Not exactly, men such as William Randolph, Jack Kemp, Barry Goldwater, & Russell Kirk were "independent conservatives". Michael Savage is just a grotesque and nasty little hate-monger.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Bnicholas
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. you reap what you sow
2. I'd bet better than 50/50 this was staged (think Morton Downey Jr.'s pathetic attempt) to get publicity for the book

[ 03-18-2017, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Bnicholas ]

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bnicholas:
1. you reap what you sew
2. I'd bet better than 50/50 this was staged (think Morton Downey Jr.'s pathetic attempt) to get publicity for the book

No, you rip what you sew. You reap what you sow. [Razz]

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One never, ever lays hands upon the persons of the press, or upon the elderly. Bottom line (and yes, I'll admit that I'm stretching the definition of "the press" in Savage's case for the purposes of discussion here).

I'll also note that given the example that OSJ presents above, Savage would almost certainly be charged under the Criminal Code of Canada, Sections 318, 319, and/or 320, for "public incitement of hatred... against any identifiable group".

Which is part of the reason that the KKK and Anne Coulter, among others, don't come to Canada anymore....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Bnicholas
Member # 23863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bnicholas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirko:
quote:
1. you reap what you sew

No, you rip what you sew. You reap what you sow. [Razz]
fixed. but my point remains the same. Go out of your way to agitate people, don't be surprised when someone on the fringe responds.

IF it even happened that way and wasn't staged.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:
a gentleman he should have been on his knees before thanking him for his service

HAW HAW from the Sunshine State!

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
1. you reap what you sow

I hope i'm wrong, but by your first statement it sounds like you're kinda justifying the attack because of some of the things Savage has said. As Travlr said, one should never lay hands on press or earlier.

You know, Morton Downey did enter my mind. They both have a couple of things in common. Downey, Like Savage, was conservative and over the top. There are main differences that lead me to believe that this wasn't staged. Downey was all shock. His gimmick ran its course and his ratings started dropping. Savage does go on maniacal rants, but the next day he can have a nice calm show on cancer, pop culture, his New York upbringing, depression, or spousal relationship. I don't think his career is in decline. Trump was a regular on his show before the election. Savage now takes credit for the election victory. He's pretty much at the height of his game.

Bnicholas
Member # 23863

quote:
quote:
1. you reap what you sow

I hope i'm wrong, but by your first statement it sounds like you're kinda justifying the attack because of some of the things Savage has said. As Travlr said, one should never lay hands on press or earlier.

You know, Morton Downey did enter my mind. They both have a couple of things in common. Downey, Like Savage, was conservative and over the top. There are main differences that lead me to believe that this wasn't staged. Downey was all shock. His gimmick ran its course and his ratings started dropping. Savage does go on maniacal rants, but the next day he can have a nice calm show on cancer, pop culture, his New York upbringing, depression, or spousal relationship. I don't think his career is in decline. Trump was a regular on his show before the election. Savage now takes credit for the election victory. He's pretty much at the height of his game.

I'm saying if your whole gimmick is calling one side of the fence disgusting filth, don't be surprised when one of those people takes a shot at you. It's similar to a great heel in the old days. No the fans shouldn't attack wrestlers, but don't be surprised if you do your job as a heel well enough that one of them doesn't take a shot at you.
A Gene Wilder Somersault
Member # 128207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A Gene Wilder Somersault     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I worked with a guy who was the most homophobic person I have ever heard of. He was so homophobic that if he thought someone was gay (which was quite a number of people), he would immediately wash his hands and change his clothes after speaking with them for fear that their "AIDS-infected saliva" may have gotten on him. He repeatedly and openly said all gays should die and was a Michael Savage superfan.

I did hear a lot of speculation about Savage himself being in homosexual relationships decades in the past.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which, of course, would not be an unusual thing.

--------------------

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man, believed to be about 50 years old and over 6 feet tall, began yelling at Savage, calling him “weenie” and “Weiner,”

Anything that ridiculous has to be true.

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Weiner" is his real name.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

King Francis
Member # 24068

has there been a police report created on this? I haven't seen any updates recently ...

--------------------

Daddy Dewdrop
Member # 3960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daddy Dewdrop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Isn't this the c*nt who told some gay caller to get AIDS and die?

Spare me the faux outrage.

*smh* from the Sunshine State.

--------------------

chgowolvs44
Member # 2267

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:

I don't know if you're right or wrong about Savage, but we both know where they kind of anger and bitterness stems from.

So, "Savage" is probably a little bit more than a pseudonym, then.

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAA2KxgqVvk
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

THAT'S Michael Savage?

And you think HE'S straight?!!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

And f*ckin PLEASE. Boo hoo hoo he got pushed down? He got off easy. Needs a whippin.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

'thoo me you thodomite'

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

You guys crack me up. Seriously. This is an Andy Kaufman routine, right?

--------------------

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
THAT'S Michael Savage?

And you think HE'S straight?!!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What do you mean by straight?
sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me sees Roy Cohn in the gentleman

--------------------

Reid Rothchild

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by sam the lion from WA:
Me sees Roy Cohn in the gentleman

Are you talking about the letters he sent Allen Ginsberg from the Fiji Islands that he vehemently denies?

[ 03-24-2017, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

No, I had heard him before, Savage, the local radio carries him. Seeing him his body language and tone screams self-loathing as Cohn always did.

--------------------

Reid Rothchild

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

quote:
Originally posted by sam the lion from WA:
No, I had heard him before, Savage, the local radio carries him. Seeing him his body language and tone screams self-loathing as Cohn always did.

Self loathing as a Jew or self loathing as another demographic? Lol

[ 03-24-2017, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Blue Thunder ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations