WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Russia/Trump (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Russia/Trump
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by King Francis:
stating a mountain outa a molehill is complaining..

Only when done by people with dark skin, funny names, and / or vaginas.

[ 10-28-2017, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Travlr:
Remember that meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer and Donald Junior, Kushner and Manafort? Well, after much denial and brush-off by some of the participants as "anti-Russia 'hysteria'", it seems that the talking-points memo in question were shared with the Kremlin prior to the meeting.
quote:
Natalia V. Veselnitskaya arrived at a meeting at Trump Tower in June 2016 hoping to interest top Trump campaign officials in the contents of a memo she believed contained information damaging to the Democratic Party and, by extension, Hillary Clinton. The material was the fruit of her research as a private lawyer, she has repeatedly said, and any suggestion that she was acting at the Kremlin’s behest that day is anti-Russia “hysteria.”

But interviews and records show that in the months before the meeting, Ms. Veselnitskaya had discussed the allegations with one of Russia’s most powerful officials, the prosecutor general, Yuri Y. Chaika. And the memo she brought with her closely followed a document that Mr. Chaika’s office had given to an American congressman two months earlier, incorporating some paragraphs verbatim.

The coordination between the Trump Tower visitor and the Russian prosecutor general undercuts Ms. Veselnitskaya’s account that she was a purely independent actor when she sat down with Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, and Paul J. Manafort, then the Trump campaign chairman.

Prosecutor General Chaika is a big wheel in the Kremlin, and close to Putin. Between this and the announcement of an arrest warrant, I think things just stepped up to a new level in the investigation.
I don't want to throw cold water on this, but if I am reading this right, we might not be looking at a high level indictment. This is a terribly complex scheme of deceit and if I am betting, I am thinking this indictment might be of someone we do not know and have maybe never heard of. Some might call it a motivational indictment. Squealing might be in the future.
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHOOTER:
Well things certainly are getting interesting. I guess you could call it unintended findings. [Eek!]

If you're talking about the DNC's involvement in the dossier, you conveniently leave out (as your kind are wont to do) that the initial pay for it to gather the info was funded by Washington Free Beacon.

Also the Russian investigation began before the DNC got involved with the dossier and was not the basis of the initial investigation.

Ooops.

[ 10-28-2017, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: diamondmd ]

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, he doesn't grasp the concept of an objective investigation. If he was doing the investigation, the results would be predetermined, and any contrary facts would be quote unexpected unquote, and actually would not even register. So that's the only kind of investigation he can conceive. That's what comes of existing in a self-absorbed little bubble.

[ 10-28-2017, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now we have the 'Paradise Papers'!

Anything interesting?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41876939

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bcleah:

Anything interesting?

SecComm Ross (quoteing NBC News's piece"shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position."

Sounds like Flynn, Sessions, and Kushner all over again, doesn't it? Have all these connections to Russia and especially Putin's best business pals but fail to say anything when Congress asks.

At the very least, each one of those putzes should be charged with "Contempt of Congress" and be asked to turn in their office keys.

WRT SHOOTER's "...and still no evidence about Trump being involved" mantra, it's beginning to look like everyone in his circle of senior campaign and White House staff and business friends are in it up to their balls with Russia, and he's the only one (so far) not touched.

Which suggests he either said, "leave me out of it for plausible deniability" or he really didn't have a clue that this was happening all around him.

ALL around him.

And that second choice is actually worse in many ways as if he himself was balls-deep in it. I mean....such a "brilliant" manager not having any clues as to what his staff were doing more-or-less in his name? Really?

25th Amendment, anyone?

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Bcleah
Member # 5397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bcleah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Anything interesting?

SecComm Ross (quoteing NBC News's piece"shares business interests with Vladimir Putin’s immediate family, and he failed to clearly disclose those interests when he was being confirmed for his cabinet position."

Sounds like Flynn, Sessions, and Kushner all over again, doesn't it? Have all these connections to Russia and especially Putin's best business pals but fail to say anything when Congress asks.

At the very least, each one of those putzes should be charged with "Contempt of Congress" and be asked to turn in their office keys.

WRT SHOOTER's "...and still no evidence about Trump being involved" mantra, it's beginning to look like everyone in his circle of senior campaign and White House staff and business friends are in it up to their balls with Russia, and he's the only one (so far) not touched.

Which suggests he either said, "leave me out of it for plausible deniability" or he really didn't have a clue that this was happening all around him.

ALL around him.

And that second choice is actually worse in many ways as if he himself was balls-deep in it. I mean....such a "brilliant" manager not having any clues as to what his staff were doing more-or-less in his name? Really?

25th Amendment, anyone?

Problem is Pence maybe less corrupt and more 'Presidential', but from what I have read, he is nastier and, hardly a compliment, a lot, lot smarter...

[ 11-05-2017, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Bcleah ]

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or trump knew about and thought he could get away with or that there was nothing wrong with it.

The indictments are just getting going. Others involved are nervously watching and wondering if/what the investigators know. The investigators waiting for them to make stupid mistake or self incriminate with twitter messages and also getting others to talk

With as big a deal as this is, Mueller and team are going to make sure it is ironclad evidence before they indiate or arrest.

Killllla
Member # 6193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killllla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Anything interesting?

ALL around him.

25th Amendment, anyone?

Oh there are supposed to be penalties for telling lies to congress?
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Some cheese to go with that whine?

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
quote:
quote:

Anything interesting?

ALL around him.

25th Amendment, anyone?

Problem is Pence maybe less corrupt and more 'Presidential', but from what I have read, he is nastier and, hardly a compliment, a lot, lot smarter...
One duck at a time.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Killllla:

When under oath, yes.

Now, before you get off on your usual "But her emails!" schtick, give it a Good. Long. Thought.

The GOP, Congressionally and organizationally have been trying to tear down Hillary Clinton for nearly 30 years. Even after 3 Congressional committees all set up and appointed by the Republicans in power about Benghazi, they still couldn't find a thing to pin on her or the State Department as a whole. And they tried for how many years just on That. One. Issue?

Which leaves us to the whole email thing. If the Congressional Republicans in committee had found something -- ANYTHING -- that gave them even a finger's grip of charging her with something -- ANYTHING -- you don't think they wouldn't have done that? With bells on and banners flying? Contempt of Congress is damnably easy to put together.

And they didn't.

Why?

Probably because they didn't have anything worth a damn to charge her over. As much as they wanted to and have wanted to since she moved out of the White House and started her Senate campaign (if not before, which is pretty much fact, too, really) there wasn't anything there worth the effort to nail her.

So get off your "but her emails" and "this YouTube clearly shows her lying!" routine, because.....the Republicans in Congress obviously disagree with you. And when it comes to this sort of thing, regardless of how much I may disagree with them legislatively....procedure-wise in these matters, they really are "The Pros From Dover".

Not you.

Now we have sworn testimony on the record, and bank statements that say otherwise. THAT'S evidence. I think y'all will be looking for a new Secretary of Commerce in a week or so.

And Mueller will be looking at someone else he can put the squeeze on and flip with an old spatula (ever wonder why Flynn has been mysteriously out of the public eye this last couple of weeks?).

[ 11-05-2017, 10:22 PM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Killllla:

When under oath, yes.

Now, before you get off on your usual "But her emails!" schtick, give it a Good. Long. Thought.

I don't know, man. Maybe he should start with a short feeble thought and work his way up.

--------------------

merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thing is all over the place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/10/us/politics/john-tony-podesta-mueller-russia-investigation.html

SHOOTER
Member # 26761

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOOTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Please let me know when Trump is found to be involved.
Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
quote:

Oh, you know already. We just differ on the explanation.

Frankly, with all that going on around him and him NOT knowing is more damnable in a leader than I can easily express. For someone who touts his managerial ability as he does to be completely unaware of what his senior personnel were doing is unconscionable. It plays more to his unfitness to office than to malfeasance. Like I said, "25th Amendment anyone?"

But the more probable reality is that he knew and was involved; you couldn't NOT be aware of all that given who all seems to have been involved (especially given Junior's and Kushner's roles as has so far been documented).

Makes me wonder what Mueller might find -- or has found -- in Trump's tax returns (the IRS is working with his office, and in such a case, they don't have to tell the person who's returns are being investigate that they have been subpoenaed). Riveting reading, I'll bet....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Yep. Just like let us know when Nixon was involved with Watergate. Those who cannot remember the past...

--------------------

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

This is your notice.He is involved.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

psst... Kevin Spacey is gay, too.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Nobody tell him about rasslin. His little head might splode.

--------------------

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Nobody tell him about rasslin. His little head might splode.

His little head? Or his little head?

((I am so going to Hell....))

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One that may be interesting is Flynn and his son. While Flynn may be willing to keep his mouth shut long as possible, if his son is facing serious charges you can bet he will spill all knows in exchange for a get out of jail free card for his son
King Francis
Member # 24068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for King Francis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jjenginer:
One that may be interesting is Flynn and his son. While Flynn may be willing to keep his mouth shut long as possible, if his son is facing serious charges you can bet he will spill all knows in exchange for a get out of jail free card for his son

the beauty of a Fed Investigation...

--------------------
When I said that was the most ignorant thing I ever heard, I didn't realize you were still talking.

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

In Citizen Kane-Rosebud is the name of his sled.
In Star Wars-Darth Vader is Luke’s father
In Murder on The Orient Express-They all did it.
In The Crying Game-the chick is a dude
In the 6th Sense-Bruce Willis is a dead person
In Soap Opera world-important stuff only happens on Friday and Monday and things always, somehow, miraculously get resolved in May and November.
Trump jr has a paper trail

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Maybe should have held off on the Murder On The Orient Express spoiler, sam -- latest version's only been at the theatres for a week....

((Yeah, I know, everyone's seen the 1974 film anyways, but still....))

More to the point of the thread, the FBI has been taking a good hard look at some 60 money transfers from the Russian foreign ministry to its embassies across the globe. Why? Well, it's the memo attached to most of them, saying they were to be used "to finance election campaign of 2016."
quote:
On Aug. 3 of last year, just as the US presidential election was entering its final, heated phase, the Russian foreign ministry sent nearly $30,000 to its embassy in Washington. The wire transfer, which came from a Kremlin-backed Russian bank, landed in one of the embassy’s Citibank accounts and contained a remarkable memo line: "to finance election campaign of 2016."

That wire transfer is one of more than 60 now being scrutinized by the FBI and other federal agencies investigating Russian involvement in the US election. The transactions, which moved through Citibank accounts and totaled more than $380,000, each came from the Russian foreign ministry and most contained a memo line referencing the financing of the 2016 election.

Dunno about any smoking gun, but I think maybe the found the empty box of shells.....

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

And just in case anyone was keeping count, [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/sessions-likely-to-be-questioned-about-trump-campaign-dealings-with-russians-at-house-judiciary-hearing/2017/11/13/bc20b 7fc-c894-11e7-aa96-54417592cf72_story.html]AG Sessions has changed his story about what he knew about Trump campaign contacts with the Russians.....again....[url]:
quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Tuesday again revised his account of what he knew about the Trump campaign’s dealings with Russians, acknowledging for the first time that he recalled a meeting where a foreign policy adviser mentioned having contacts who could possibly broker a meeting between then-candidate Donald Trump and Russian President Vladi­mir Putin.

Testifying before the House Judiciary Committee, Sessions said he now remembered adviser George Papadopoulos saying in March 2016 that he knew people who might be able to help arrange a Trump-Putin meeting.

He insists, of course, that he wasn't lying about it previously, even though when asked specifically about Trump surrogates having contacts with the Russians, he said, "I did not, and I’m not aware of anyone else that did, and I don’t believe it happened."

All this from the Papadopoulos conviction/plea bargain, where Papadopoulos stated that he told Trump, Sessions and other campaign officials that he had contacts who could help arrange a meeting between Trump and Putin.

This keeps up and Sessions better be hitting the kneed nightly praying that the Dems don't get control of the House next year. After all, it isn't just Presidents that can be impeached.....

EDIT: Dunno why that link in the first line won't take properly.....

[ 11-14-2017, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Travlr ]

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe should have held off on the Murder On The Orient Express spoiler, sam -- latest version's only been at the theatres for a week....

((Yeah, I know, everyone's seen the 1974 film anyways, but still....))

More to the point of the thread, the FBI has been taking a good hard look at some 60 money transfers from the Russian foreign ministry to its embassies across the globe. Why? Well, it's the memo attached to most of them, saying they were to be used "to finance election campaign of 2016."
quote:
On Aug. 3 of last year, just as the US presidential election was entering its final, heated phase, the Russian foreign ministry sent nearly $30,000 to its embassy in Washington. The wire transfer, which came from a Kremlin-backed Russian bank, landed in one of the embassy’s Citibank accounts and contained a remarkable memo line: "to finance election campaign of 2016."

That wire transfer is one of more than 60 now being scrutinized by the FBI and other federal agencies investigating Russian involvement in the US election. The transactions, which moved through Citibank accounts and totaled more than $380,000, each came from the Russian foreign ministry and most contained a memo line referencing the financing of the 2016 election.

Dunno about any smoking gun, but I think maybe the found the empty box of shells.....
Sadly, I was not even aware of the remake

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations