WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Political Discussion » Russia/Trump (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Russia/Trump
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There must be tape or something.

Again, clucks, three words: Watergate. And to remind you for the zillionth time, this is coming apart MUCH MUCH FASTER than that did.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

IP: Logged
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I wonder if these two post here?

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember when Murkan right wing males didn't have vaginas?

-

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

http://washingtonsources.org/giuliani-flat-out-admits-trump-will-commit-perjury-if-put-under-oath/

On video. On Faux 'News'.

Tick tock.

--------------------

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those two old guys, traitors
diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jjenginer:
Those two old guys, traitors

I bet they still b!tch about football players who kneel are being disrespectful to the flag and the troops though.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjenginer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great point diamondms, sad part is they would not see the irony or hypocrisy
JJ Bklyn42
Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ Bklyn42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you meant the two guys in the picture. I thought you meant Giuliani and Trump.

--------------------
"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives" - Jack Roosevelt Robinson

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

jjenginer
Member # 37009

Anymore can lump about half of the GOP in the hypocrisy or irony regarding statements they made in past compared to their actions/statements about trump.

To clarify I agree with diamond; bet those two guys with t-shirts where yelling kapernick should be deported

[ 08-10-2018, 11:41 AM: Message edited by: jjenginer ]

Dirko
Member # 125609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people really seem to be of the opinion that Reps vs Dems is nothing more than a sports rivalry with the outcome being only important for bragging rights, but not for any real life consequences. At least there is no other way I can explain it.

--------------------
"I have decided to be happy because it is good for my health."
(Voltaire)

PCmor
Member # 7229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PCmor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirko:
Some people really seem to be of the opinion that Reps vs Dems is nothing more than a sports rivalry with the outcome being only important for bragging rights, but not for any real life consequences. At least there is no other way I can explain it.

I think you hit the nail on the head.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

-

Much MUCH faster than Watergate.

--------------------

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by diamondmd:
 -

I wonder if these two post here?

I always wondered what a true snowflake would look like...

Now I know

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Are they a couple? They look sorta 'close'. They must be happy, since they're both pregnant.

--------------------

sam the lion from WA
Member # 1154

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sam the lion from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couples do tend to start to look alike the longer they are together so....

--------------------
The magic, that is on those tapes, you don't own THAT!!

Reid Rothchild

Travlr
Administrator
Member # 4304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travlr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
 -

Much MUCH faster than Watergate.

Yes, but also no, depending on the vantage point. Chronologically, yeah. In how the current Administration is reacting to it, yeah. But in the "court of public opinion", not so much....

Prof. Charles Franklin (Director of the Marquette Law School Poll, and Prof Emeritus UW-Madison),
took a look at Nixon's polling and discovered a few rather intriguing things.

First, during his first term, he regularly held a 50%+ job approval rating. And held (by today's standards) a shockingly high approval by the Dems, hovering around 40% And after a burst of approval in 1972 -- trip to China, re-election, Paris Peace Accords -- his approval drops through the floor in 1973. Over the 9 months from Feb73, he lost over 4-points a month to level off at 30%....from a high of 67%. It made Bush's approval drop in 2005 look like a nice, leisurely slide.

But here's the kicker: After that drop, his approval rating stayed remarkably stable right up to his resignation. By the time of the "Saturday Night Massacre", the results were already in and those who were going to be for or against had already decided where they stood. And that changed only very very slightly to the point where Nixon left Office.

-

Let's look at that point again (quoting PRof. Franklin): "The shocking Saturday Night Massacre, Nixon cited as an 'unindicted co-conspirator', the release of tape transcripts that introduced 'expletive deleted' to the lexicon barely moved opinion."

Note that even at Nixon's worst period, Republican respondents to polls were still slightly over 50% in favour of him. Right up to the end. His approval did drop with Republican voters after he resigned, but only afterward, which has some strange symmetry with approval rates of the ACA before and after Trump.

And this beggars comparisons to Trump's approval ratings today WRT the entire Russia investigation, and is the point that Prof. Franklin I think is pointing at: The decisions of the public about where they stand with the question have pretty much been decided. We might see a +/-5% variation in Trump's approval ratings from his 40% aggregate average, but that probably won't be tied to Mueller's probe much, if at all. Until, probably, the final result of the investigation as a whole, which won't be finalized for at least another year, and very possibly into the 2020 campaign cycle.

Then we'll see some changes. Probably.

((Note: Much like how we've seen approval for "Obamacare" rise into a majority position since Trump took office and started trying to dismantle it -- primarily by those who disliked it originally because it didn't go far enough for them -- Nixon's approval dropping below 50% after his resignation probably was due to at least a few Republicans upset that he quit instead of staying the course as much as the adoption of the first Article of Impeachment did.))

--------------------
The Traveller
a fan since '68....

"Reputation is what others think about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. The friction tends to arise when the two are not the same.... Guard your honor; let your reputation fall where it may."

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations