WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » Coffee

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Coffee
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do you like your coffee? What brand do you drink?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like my woman... Brown and sweet. ;-)

Brand? Like you think there's really a difference in what's offered by Big Box Small Town AmeriCorp? That's so cute... When at Albertson's I will buy Albertson's In-Store Brand of Sumatran. When at Safeway, I will buy Safeway In-Store Brand of Sumatran. When at Wal-Mart... Waitaminnut... I don't buy jackshit, because I don't set foot inside a ******' Wal-Mart hahahaha.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cubano. Used to drink Bustelo but they out-and-out stole an advertising campaign from this publicist chick that I know here in Miami, that 3:05 Cafecito thing. So I switched to Cafe La Llave, which is an independent family owned business, where Bustelo is an AmeriKorp product, and besides it's better espresso anyway.

--------------------
So long from the Sunshine State!

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have to admit, one of the two things that I really miss about Seattle is the coffee (yeah, I've got an espresso machine (but it just doesn't seem worth the trouble most of the time). I also have a serviceable unit, that will do for a basic latte or mocha, that gets a bit more play, but most of the time, it's the aforementioned serviceable unit or a pot of storebrand Sumatran with the hazelnut creme dumped in.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

RickMarx
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RickMarx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For just regular out of the Mr. Coffee, I recently found MAX, from Maxwell House, marketed as for the extra caffeine, but it's a darn good coffee.

--------------------
The science of brutality, the technology of pain.

wreckinPa
Member # 128832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wreckinPa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Cubano. Used to drink Bustelo but they out-and-out stole an advertising campaign from this publicist chick that I know here in Miami, that 3:05 Cafecito thing. So I switched to Cafe La Llave, which is an independent family owned business, where Bustelo is an AmeriKorp product, and besides it's better espresso anyway.

I've been going into the primarily latin neighborhoods in the area I live hoping they sell Cafe La Llave with no luck. I'm told it is a great tasting coffee. Send me up some when you have a minute. Thanks. [Smile]
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have the worst coffee at work. It comes with this Bun coffee maker. It actually tastes better when it is not hot. Bleck I have been getting this Starbucks dark roast for the Keurig coffee maker. I am not even sure the other stuff is coffee. It seems more like soy beans and cigarette butts ground up.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually buy store brand 100% Columbian. Tastes as good as name brands I've tried, and it's cheaper.
merc
Member # 125456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cold brew from Dunkin Donuts works for me. Consistent anywhere I've had it.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wreckinPa:
quote:

I've been going into the primarily latin neighborhoods in the area I live hoping they sell Cafe La Llave with no luck. I'm told it is a great tasting coffee. Send me up some when you have a minute. Thanks. [Smile]
I guess it's a local only brand. Didn't know.

I am not pleased to announce that I inadvertently became decaffeinated and decided to stay that way, I'm cool with that part, but I am forced to go back to Bustelo because it's the only reasonably priced decaf espresso. La Llave doesn't make one or if they do I can't find it either.

[ 11-01-2017, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------

K. Fabian McClinch
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K. Fabian McClinch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OSJ from NM by way of WA:
Like my woman... Brown and sweet. ;-)

. . . or, as Muhammad Ali once said: "I like my coffee strong and black. When it turns white, it gets weak!"

--------------------
"It's the same all over: you fight for your life until death do you part -- and then you got it made." (Lester Young)

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

quote:
Originally posted by wreckinPa:
quote:

Try Walmart.

--------------------

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Or Target.

--------------------

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ric Flair was interviewed at his 30/30 Documentary premiere and talked about what he drinks now since he can't do alcohol anymore. He now drinks lots of

Starbucks Venti Bold Coffee

Diet Coke

Gatorade

well I like Starbucks Venti Bold myself (and if you are looking for the caffeine buzz why would you order just a grande!) but not sure if loading up on the caffeine like that isa good idea when you just got a pacemaker. Caffeine can increase the heart rate ya know...

years ago, like early 80's, I talked to someone who was an errand boy in the back at an arena where Flair worked. He said he was assigned to Flair for the night because Naitch was in back for the whole show until the main event and he needed somebody to continuously bring him coffee from upstairs at the concession stand. He said Flair was chugging coffee the whole time. Seems Flair likes his caffeine almost as much as his booze. So now you know how Flair always came out so wired for his matches. A couple of pots of Java in the back while the show is going on will do the job everytime! [Big Grin]

[ 11-04-2017, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Masked Knight   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose Hulk Hogan can help with Flair's sobriety by sending Ric a few cases of:

-

hey, it might have more vitamins than Starbucks Venti Bold does... [Smile]

--------------------
n/a

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

I like those Monster Mean Bean and Salted Caramel ice coffee's now and then. Not really for a boost or anything. I just think they taste good.

How many cups of Joe do you drink a day? I usually have one when I get to work and then it is water the rest of the day.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

The Masked Knight
Member # 128835

I like cold brewed coffee, comes in casks and they serve it on tap like beer. Some kinds are nitrogen infused to give a nice foamy head Makes you think you are drinking a Guinness!

[ 11-05-2017, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: The Masked Knight ]

--------------------
n/a

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a. coffee snob. I like mine with a bit of cream, a touch of stevia, a dash of vanilla powder, a dash of chocolate powder, and a dash of cinnamon. I'm also a Starbucks guy. I loved Caribou, but they're out of the Chicagoland region. Peet's is good, but I don't have one near me.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Ran out of my dark roast tonight. So having some peppermint tea. Wish I could have my coffee and some kind of honey bun or doughnut. Time to go to the store.

I also use stevia sweetner.

[ 11-13-2017, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Claymation Quartermain ]

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations