WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » Valerian

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Valerian
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could not wait to see the movie Valerian when I first saw the trailer. I am a big fan of Luc Besson. So I went to see it yesterday. Kind of a style over substance thing. The movie looked great. The special effects were top notch. The story was ok but I am not sure the leads were right or if they had enough charisma to carry a movie like this. Nice to see Rutger Hauer and also Clive Owen.

The movie is ok for a 1 time watch but I don't think it was something what will be a classic. It is above average but not great.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I reviewed the movie a month ago at tOA:

I went to a 4:30 show & I was in a bad mood because I got hunger once I got there. But I hate to tell you ....that I liked VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS. Great SF and someone really cared about that film. But the story is unlike anything else...and doesn't go out of it's way to explain anything...and for most people today want everything fed to them. It was different in a million ways. I followed all of it, and once I got used to the actors being used & what the director was trying to do.....thought it was real good. If nothing else....it was a great try....and maybe too advanced for casual fans today. In 20 years, people may think highly of it. But I respect the effort & the guy who tried to make it right.

I would say it's ***1/4. Maybe the ending didn't work like it should have. Very hard to tell but enjoyable. The morality of the film was good.

SF were out of this world. Really out of this world.

Can anyone tell me if the kid stars voices were dubbed. Seemed like it but I couldn't tell who did the voice overs. Acting was good & the dialog was interesting.

But who in the world gave them 200 mil to make that movie. Once the crazy price makes the pre-release PR you are cooked. You have no chance. If the reviewers smell a bomb, you are dead before anyone sees the film. It is a colossal bomb.

Sorry but I liked the movie.---Steve Yohe

[ 08-26-2017, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Steve Yohe ]

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations