WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » RIP Mark Markley (Mark from WA) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: RIP Mark Markley (Mark from WA)
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not a joke. Richard O'Sullivan got this from his sister:

quote:
Subject: Mark Markley
Body: I wanted to let you know that Mark passed away yesterday, he'd been ill for some time, but none of us expected it so soon--he'd just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago. His son found him in his chair. We hope that he passed in his sleep. He was supposed to go to the doctor that day. I'm sorry this is so scattered, we just don't have much information.

If you know how to reach any of his friends to let them know, I'd appreciate it. I'm in Texas still, and I don't know much about the plans, except that there will be some kind of wake--but no funeral. His remains will be cremated.

He leaves behind his two children (Sarah & Steven. Sarah is still in college, Steven is 18), his mother Jan, his older brother Michael and his little sister Lisa (me). He taught me to swim when I was five, he taught me to ride his red banana-seat bike with the foot-brakes when I was six. He made me laugh until koolade came out my nose more times than I can count. He put me in his favorite allstar wrestling holds until I could escape. He let me win at checkers. He took care of me when no one else could. He never listened to a thing I told him.

Take care-
Lisa Markley

Don't know what to say. Didn't know he was that sick, if that's... ****. He got nuts sometimes. We were all worried about him, have been for a while. I'm... I don't know. He was a good guy, even with all the Grand Funk and Ramones and telling the same stories over and over and... **** **** ****

RIP

So long from the Sunshine State.

[ 09-24-2007, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask I ]

IP: Logged
Methxtra II
Member # 3830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Methxtra II   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ow My....

This is really tough, I did not know Mark except for seeing him always posting on WC, he was what I refer to as a staple here.

Such a sad day, Mark you have the best seat in the house forever.

RIP

[ 09-24-2007, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: ivieth ]

--------------------
Diamonds are Forever and So is Ric Flair.

Eddie Stole my other shirt.

6/25/07 - The day the wrestling died

diabolical brain-washington heights
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diabolical brain-washington heights   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never met him but I thought of him as one of the nicest people I have ever met.

Holy sh*t.

Rest in peace friend.

--------------------
myspace.com/acrossdotave

A new feature film coming soon: "Across Dot Ave."

Lee Wong
Member # 912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee Wong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
******* unbelievable. Very sorry to hear about this. Like Mask said, he did have his quirks but was truly an institution on this board.
CWFmark from FL
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWFmark from FL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, where do you start with news like this. Like a lot of folks here I got to know Mark from this board. Phone calls, sharing music...he was a great person who I related to a lot more than just wrestling memories. I loved making him CD's as he always got a kick of our shared love of somewhat obscure bands from the 70's. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Mark, someday we'll meet up again and kick back and talk about those wrestling matches we grew up watching with the Ramones on the jukebox. You will be missed my friend...

I also want to add how much we both loved to share stories of going to concerts with our respective sons and seeing the old bands. Man, I'm going to miss sharing that with him and it tears my heart to think about his son's loss (...and his daughter of course). For those of you with kids please do not take your time with them for granted.

[ 09-24-2007, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: CWF mark ]

BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] wow guys I am in shock I cannot believe Mark is gone this is crazy I mean he was the first person on here I really enjoyed reading his posts and talking to on here even tho we never met in real life

-My heart is very heavy right with emotions and I just don't know what to say right now

-We will always remember Mark and my sincerest sympathies go out to his friends and family and to the one's on here who knew him best....

--------------------
Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have ~ James Baldwin

I will never apologize for who I am! Do you really think I care what you think about me? You obviously don't know me.

Portalesman
Member # 2530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portalesman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goodbye friend.
Chargers Fan From IN
Member # 1977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chargers Fan From IN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Mark

*BONG*

sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL
Member # 5431

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sad dog cuzz sawyer from IL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A total shocker. Mark was one of the guys everybody liked on this board. A total face if you will. He sent me pm's when my nephew was playing minor league ball for the Rangers a couple of years ago in Washington. An old time rocker that sounds like he was a good dad and now his kids have both their mom and dad both gone. RIP buddy. I think we are all gonna miss you.

--------------------
Be yourself and look yourself in the mirror with pride each day. If you were to die today what would your fellow man say about you?? Mark Markley-gone but never forgotten

The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Mark from WA. I am just in shock, I feel like someone punched me in the face.

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scot V from TX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please,please tell me this is some internet bad taste joke.
Mitch
Member # 30

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mitch   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark was a great guy. I just spoke with him a couple weeks back. I feel so bad for his kids. He spoke of them all the time.

Mark used to chat with us on AIM almost every night back in the day. We'd always give him **** for his drunken tirades about the Ramones and PNW wrestling. He really was a great guy and will be missed.........

Mitch

--------------------
www.stlouiswrestling.com

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an IM from a former WC poster about this about an hour ago and really hoped against hope that a mistake had been made. Unfortunately that is not the case.

What can you say? Mark was an upbeat guy who always treated people with respect and made things fun. I feel terribly for his family, especially his kids. Even though we only communicated in cyberspace, I considered him a friend. It was no facade. Mark truly was as great a guy as he seemed.

RIP Mark. You were a terrific guy and a true friend.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scot V:
Please,please tell me this is some internet bad taste joke.

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
This is not a joke.

[ 09-24-2007, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask I ]

Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A shock.--Yohe
Slip Mahoney
Member # 5882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slip Mahoney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Mr Mark from WA, rest in peace.
Moondog from WA
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moondog from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm speechless......... [Frown]
GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm stunned. Knew he'd had some health problems, did not know it was that serious.

Damn. Mark was one of the nicest guys on the internet. Long time poster here, big Seattle sports fan, big music fan.

Damn.

RIP, Mark from WA.

[ 09-25-2007, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: GreyGhost ]

Green Squash from Mecca (Indiana)
Member # 6019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Squash from Mecca (Indiana)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people say this is not real life. but we come to know each other here. well enough. well enough that this is a death of a friend to us. to me.

May he only know care and comfort and love

goodbye, Mark.

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. What a shock. RIP
Sac
Member # 3044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, man. I just sent him some old NWA/JCP memorabilia a few weeks ago. Hopefully he got a smile out of it.

RIP Mark

Wanderlust Diaz from SIU
Member # 4108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wanderlust Diaz from SIU         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. i'll miss the late night debates about weed vs. beer... watching the videos he'd posted. I had no clue he was ill either. Wow... it's really like losing a friend. He will be missed, he always made me laugh.

rick

[ 09-24-2007, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Wanderlust Silva ]

--------------------
"(Nick) Diaz marches to the beat of his own drum. In his case, the bongos." Mike Goldberg

nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best guys on the board. Didn't know him outside of the board, but on here, he was always a lot of fun. I remember somebody referring to him as the guy that everybody liked and got along with. Aren't many of those around.

This is just sad.

diabolical brain-washington heights
Member # 5520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diabolical brain-washington heights   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1-2-3-4!

--------------------
myspace.com/acrossdotave

A new feature film coming soon: "Across Dot Ave."

Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scot V from TX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only knew Mark from the forums here but we had some great chats about glam rock from the 70's and old school wrestling.

It's just not gonna be the same without Mark From WA. Damn, this sucks.

Hisaharu Tanabe
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hisaharu Tanabe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]

RIP...

--------------------
Hisaharu Tanabe
Pro-Wrestling Title Histories
Puroresu - Japanese Pro-Wrestling
New York Pro Wrestling

4LK from Virigina Via NY
Member # 6863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4LK from Virigina Via NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Mark...

He is in a place now with no pain. I always enjoyed his posts and humor.

RIP.... [Frown]

--------------------
Uno Amore

"We're taking over." - BWO

"Do not give me the karate look." - James Carter, Rush Hour 2

Flip Flop & Fly
Member # 7103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Flip Flop & Fly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP buddy.

Though I'm a WSU alumni, I'm glad Mark got to see his Huskies start to turn the corner and get quite a bit better this year.

I'm sad he won't get to see how good Jake Locker eventually becomes.

RIP.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

Jeff Bowdren
Member # 652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Bowdren     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally freakin shocked. I had spoken with him often about U-Dub football.

I'm stunned. One of the real good guys is gone.

RIP man...we'll miss you.

Jeff

--------------------
"I don't believe the good times are over..

I don't believe, the thrill is all gone...

real love...is a man's salvation, the weak ones fall but the strong carry on.."

Tom Petty

JJ Bklyn42
Member # 2855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ Bklyn42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stunned is the only word I can use. This board will not be the same. [Frown]

Prayers for his family and all his friends (which includes just about all of us, I guess).

--------------------
"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives" - Jack Roosevelt Robinson

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

BERT from NJ
Member # 4090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BERT from NJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a major bummer. I just burnt him a DVR and he just PM'd me the other day that it arrived and was going to watch it over the weekend. Hoping he got to see it and at least brought him a smile in his final days. Stunned.
Hey buddy, give Joey, Dee Dee, and Johnny a Gabba Gabba Hey for me ... R.I.P.

--------------------
"Kneel before Zod"
General Zod

"You're a little out of order yourself-You insulted him a little bit, you insulted him A LITTLE BIT"
Jimmy the Gent Conway

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke

Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Has a cause of death been IDed. I did not know that he was ill. Guys, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this and make some sence of this.

I never met Mark but still thought of him as a friend. I am at a loss for words.

BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan
Member # 5853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BVRF05: Eddie Gilbert Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

-We miss ya buddy and we will never forget ya

[ 09-24-2007, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: BaronVonRaschkeFan05 ]

--------------------
Ignorance, allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have ~ James Baldwin

I will never apologize for who I am! Do you really think I care what you think about me? You obviously don't know me.

harry thorton fan
Member # 6996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for harry thorton fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said at KM we PM'd each other about some DVDs friday. Prayers for his family.

--------------------
Check out my collection at:
http://www.freewebs.com/harryswrestlingclassics/

Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had no idea he was that ill. We had become friends through this board, and exchanged tapes a few years back.

My condolences to his family and friends (of which we all here a WC are).

Man, this is really sad news.

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's fitting that his last post was a joke....

From 9/22/07, last edited at 12:09 AM...

quote:
Originally posted by Mark from WA:
quote:
Originally posted by PoorlyToldJoke:
If it were Rocky, it would be "actor" not Entertainer/athlete.

You mean Stallone ? "Actor" is pushing it.

[Big Grin]

OK, I'm KIDDING. I know Stallone is like 4"9"

[ 09-24-2007, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: GreyGhost ]

Colonel Angus
Member # 4100

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colonel Angus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This news is like a kick to the gut.

I only knew Mark from WA from reading his posts here, but in that time I'd come to expect that his posts were fun and upbeat. He was a little older than me but his musical tastes crossed paths with my own, so I was always glad to see his next post where a band was concerned.

I feel really bad even though I didn't know him. Just awful.

RIP Mark, you were a good guy.

Chitown Rich
Member # 944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chitown Rich     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always enjoyed his posts here.

RIP Mark.

Richard Berger 1A
Member # 2385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richard Berger 1A   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't think of anything else to write beyond what I sent to Green Squash a short time ago, when she informed me of Mark's passing. My head hurts, so I won't elaborate. Here it is:

I am stunned and shocked. Slack-jawed and unsure of what to do at this very moment. How can this possibly be? Our resident "nicest guy in the world," a man from all appearances without an enemy to be had ... has died?

I never met Mark Markley. That was going to be rectified at the Great Northwest Bash on November 3. I'm pissed off. I feel cheated because I never will get the chance to shake his hand, to talk about his kids with him, to tease and poke fun at and with him. I am typing this through tears, so please forgive me if it makes little sense.

I've often told people, when they got to bitching about some sort of injustice they'd suffered, that nobody ever said life was fair. Now, I need somebody to tell me that same thing. This is just flat-out wrong, and I am sick.

Dear Laury ... I may not be more than a silly old fool ... there are those that will gladly confirm that. But even without having known Mark except as someone I've liked and respected at WCMB, I feel diminished inside.

To me, this is a loss that cannot be reclaimed.

R*I*P, Mr. Markley.

[ 09-25-2007, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: Richard Berger1 ]

--------------------
Millennials are starting to refer to newspapers as 'hobo laptops' ... Chris Hardwick, @ Midnight, Thursday, Sept. 29, 2016

I believe vegans have an ideological eating disorder ... Mark Maron

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations