WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » Andrew Dice Clay....

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Andrew Dice Clay....
TripleHHH67
Member
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TripleHHH67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you find him funny?

I think he is funny in a pathetic way. His act hasn't changed in 20 yrs. I laugh because he says some funny things, but primarily because he looks, sounds stupid.

your opinions please!!


IP: Logged
GreyGhost from MS
Member
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never found him funny, or even entertaining. He was an uncouth lout, and his act was indicative of low breeding.
IP: Logged
wild bill From CA
Member
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TripleHHH67:
Do you find him funny?

I think he is funny in a pathetic way. His act hasn't changed in 20 yrs. I laugh because he says some funny things, but primarily because he looks, sounds stupid.

your opinions please!!


I can't believe you're bringing this up. Let me tell you a little story about Dice...

Dice doesn't believe in managers and agents. He has a lawyer and a personal business manager. But the bookings and such he always did himself or with his manager. Dice is one of only a handful of comedians who sold out Madison Square Garden. He could have made millions (as it is, he did very well off his TV show and movies) but missed the boat because he never had any reps to push for him. He still does small shows in LA and Vegas and lives not to far from me now (he's my neighbor a few houses down)...He's a super nice guy and a very funny man...


IP: Logged
GBM2002
Member
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Small world.
IP: Logged
TripleHHH67
Member
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TripleHHH67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to hear him on Opie and Anthony. Anthony does a near perfect Dice impersonation. They had Andrew Dice Clay Vs Anthony Dice Clay on air once. I almost pissed my pants and drove off the road.


IP: Logged
lobo
Member
Member # 195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild bill:
I can't believe you're bringing this up. Let me tell you a little story about Dice...

Dice doesn't believe in managers and agents. He has a lawyer and a personal business manager. But the bookings and such he always did himself or with his manager. Dice is one of only a handful of comedians who sold out Madison Square Garden. He could have made millions (as it is, he did very well off his TV show and movies) but missed the boat because he never had any reps to push for him. He still does small shows in LA and Vegas and lives not to far from me now (he's my neighbor a few houses down)...He's a super nice guy and a very funny man...


Just wondering if you ever met Sam
Kinnison before he died.


IP: Logged
wild bill From CA
Member
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lobo:
Just wondering if you ever met Sam
Kinnison before he died.

Yes...when I was about 16 at The Palm...


IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be REAL impressed if you met him SINCE he died.

from the Sunshine State!


IP: Logged
wild bill From CA
Member
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
Be REAL impressed if you met him SINCE he died.

from the Sunshine State!


Is Grave Robbing *still* a crime? Fine...I take the 5th...


IP: Logged
ak74auto
Member
Member # 2033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ak74auto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wild bill:
Is Grave Robbing *still* a crime? Fine...I take the 5th...

or is that take a 5th


IP: Logged
JaDaKel
Member
Member # 2309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JaDaKel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think to much of Andrew, until recently when I watched a celebrity profile or something like that, on him. He seemed like a real decent guy, just his material was a little racy!! Oh well, whatever makes the money I guess. He isn't so bad!!!

[This message has been edited by Torrie2 (edited 03-27-2002).]


IP: Logged
Married Jo Kopechne
Member
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Married Jo Kopechne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back during my High School days in the late 80s, he was one of those comedians that all my buddies passed their tape around, we could quote that. Kinison was our #1 guy, he still is for me, but from that probably 88 till 92 4 year span, we all thought Dice was it. Now, many of his first cds were rude, crude, but still funny, the later ones were just a play off of the old stuff, he didn't really evolve. But man, some of that stuff was nuts. My friend Jon was one of the first ones to get us listening to him, and Jon had said since he was probably 5 years old he wanted to be a comedian. Well, Jon moved out to LA in late 2000, and he's opened for Dice a few times and met him, he said he's really cool, and for Jon to actually open for him, talk about something cool, all things considered.
IP: Logged
ScottyJ
Member
Member # 665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottyJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked Dice. Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you understand that it's just an act, or as Dice puts it, a goof, then I think he's much more palatable.

"Call ya in an hour......back...get it?"


IP: Logged
Married Jo Kopechne
Member
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Married Jo Kopechne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScottyJ:
I've always liked Dice. Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you understand that it's just an act, or as Dice puts it, a goof, then I think he's much more palatable.

"Call ya in an hour......back...get it?"


HOUR BACK? GET IT?!??!??


IP: Logged
Jeff Luce
Member
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dice actually had a recurring role on Diff'rnt Strokes as a bully who had it bad for Kimberly.
IP: Logged
ScottyJ
Member
Member # 665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottyJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Married Jo Kopechne:
HOUR BACK? GET IT?!??!??

I'll call ya back in an hour...back, get it?!?!


IP: Logged
Married Jo Kopechne
Member
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Married Jo Kopechne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScottyJ:
I'll call ya back in an hour...back, get it?!?!

GET IT? HOUR BACK? I'LL CALL YOU BACK IN AN HOUR? HOUR BACK!

This could go on for infinity!


IP: Logged
ScottyJ
Member
Member # 665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottyJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GET IT?? I'LL CALL YA BACK..IN AN HOUR..BACK!! GET IT?? YOU...........
IP: Logged
Claymation Quartermain
Member
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Dice Gottfried better OOOOOOOOO!

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

IP: Logged
jeremytravis
Member
Member # 4277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeremytravis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of people I knew in the army thought he was great. Just wasn't my cup of tea. Preferred George Carlin.
IP: Logged
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3