WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » It's CORRECT to use THE before SAG...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's CORRECT to use THE before SAG...
JKeane
Member # 644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKeane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...when referring to The SAG Awards!

Here's an open question to SAG members out there...what did y'all think? Maybe a little Christmas in March???

IP: Logged
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I my ownself as as far as I know the onliest SAG member roun' here least till Wild Bill shows up ag'in, agree with the late George C. Scott, who war not the rassler an' booker fella, an' do not truck with awards shows, even our'n.

An' that thar other thang is acause your 'the' modifies your 'awards', not your 'SAG'.

Grammar and Union Wisdom from the Sunshine State!

JKeane
Member # 644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKeane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welp...seein' as you ain't cottonin ta no awards shows, dis might be da shortest thread on dis here page.
Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, JKeane, have a drink. I'll help ya grow a longer thread.
JKeane
Member # 644

Thanks Rhi. I knew dat I could count on ya!
wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
I my ownself as as far as I know the onliest SAG member roun' here least till Wild Bill shows up ag'in, agree with the late George C. Scott, who war not the rassler an' booker fella, an' do not truck with awards shows, even our'n.

An' that thar other thang is acause your 'the' modifies your 'awards', not your 'SAG'.

Grammar and Union Wisdom from the Sunshine State!

Agreed.
Crimz, before I met you I thought SAG was just a great way of getting health care...now you've got me getting all militant and ACTUALLY sending my vote in...
Kumbaya, my lord...Kumbaya!

wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me try to explain this in a real sense...
SAG is the abreviation for THE SCREEN ACTORS GUILD. But when people refer to it by its initials, they just call it SAG. Not S.A.G. Just "SAG." Never "The SAG." Like Jerry Saggs or Sagging in the middle...

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Yep. Kinda not unlike your 'the WCW'.
GBM2002
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have studied the Dusty Rulz and looked this word "the" in the dictionary and its allowed on this forum. But I thought you was referring to people who had a sag problem but I do know a few who have a sag in the front and a sag in the back and some who have sag on both sides, therefore it is called THE SAG. Hey Dusty, I think he is talking about you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JKeane
Member # 644

Nah...I said SAG, not saggy!
Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now now, don't you talk about my Dusty like that.... he ain't eaten THAT many chicken fried steaks in his life...
Shaving Weezie Jefferson
Member # 126638

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaving Weezie Jefferson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which term do SAG members prefer? Saggies, Sagets, Sagonians, or uhhh ... Trekkies?
Jeff Luce
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shaving Weezie Jefferson:
Which term do SAG members prefer? Saggies, Sagets, Sagonians, or uhhh ... Trekkies?

I always thought members preferred Shavings Are Going-on.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

We prefer 'booked'.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

'Paid' is equally popular.
Jeff Luce
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it "The check is in the mail" is out of the question.
dw
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the onlyest thing on me big enough to sag, is supposed to be big enough to sag.
Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

A woo wooo woooo!
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by foolio121:
I take it "The check is in the mail" is out of the question.

Yeah and so I 'I won't c---... '

nevermind

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations