WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » Battle of the Guitar Gods (Tag Team Edition)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Battle of the Guitar Gods (Tag Team Edition)
Jeff Luce
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK...Scott Gorham & Brian Robertson are of course the greatest twin lead guitar duo of all time...care to add any others?
IP: Logged
JKeane
Member # 644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKeane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork?
ScottyJ
Member # 665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottyJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glenn Frey & Joe Walsh can play a little.

Now as far as twin-lead bands go, none were better at it than the southern rock bands.
My two favorites were Lynyrd Skynyrd (Gary Rossington & Allen Collins), and Molly Hatchet (Steve Holland & Duane Roland). I'm also a fan of Marshall Tucker, but I can't remember the band members' names. I'm gonna go see if I can dig 'em (the names) up.

[This message has been edited by ScottyJ (edited 03-07-2002).]

ScottyJ
Member # 665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottyJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found it. They were Toy Caldwell & George McCorkle.
BadBoy Shields
Member # 1915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BadBoy Shields     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A close second to Thin Lizzy's boys would have to be the guitarists from Wishbone Ash who actually preceded Lizzy.
Ted Turner and Andy Powell had the perfect flow together on such classic albums as Argus and There's the Rub.

wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Yardbirds...music's version of The Freebirds!
Tcountyredneck
Member # 518

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tcountyredneck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
K.K. Downing and Glenn Tipton were a merciless duo.

Angus Young and Billy Gibbons would wreak havok against the so-called virtuosos with their raw power.

Married Jo Kopechne
Member # 2016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Married Jo Kopechne   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, best tag team in Rock guitar is hands down Malcom and Angus Young....show me a more solid rhythm guitar player than Malcom...I don't think you'll find one. That guys a rock.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations