WrestlingClassics.com Message Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Crimson Snapper
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
And again I ask, what about the racial slurs, perpetuated on this very thread.
IP: Logged
TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TripleHHH67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Those types exisat everywhere, you were unfortunate to meet a bunch of jerks at that age. I am sure there are people in Texas and in the south that turn their noses up at us "yankees" but
I don't judge that against a particular state or region. There are jerks everywhere. And they are not only anti-texans...lighten up

The Official Accountant/Historian of the Fabulous Blondes Forum at WC

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by TripleHHH67:

Those types exisat everywhere, you were unfortunate to meet a bunch of jerks at that age. I am sure there are people in Texas and in the south that turn their noses up at us "yankees" but
I don't judge that against a particular state or region. There are jerks everywhere. And they are not only anti-texans...lighten up

That's like saying that racism isn't a big deal because "those types exist everywhere...so lighten up"

And I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the racial slurs were ok.

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TripleHHH67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my parents weren't from this country, and I have heard every racial slur possible. If you are looking for a race fight, you ain't getting it from me. I am not referring to racism, or actually speaking to you mr snapper,. I am referring to LK. and I have said enough..

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
my parents weren't from this country, and I have heard every racial slur possible. If you are looking for a race fight, you ain't getting it from me. I am not referring to racism, or actually speaking to you mr snapper,. I am referring to LK. and I have said enough..

I'm not trying to start a race fight either. But, as I recall, you were only to happy to make the "mexican's in one car" joke right along with everyone else, and I'm trying to get clarification. Are jokes like that ok? or are they racist?

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Do you know my background? Am I mexican? am I jewish or Irish or maybe I am Arabic?

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gentlemen,if you are looking for a fight or a political debate please use another forum.This forum is just for laughs.If you feel that you have been made fun of ,then your right. If you don't wish to read the thread then change the channel.As far as this Nation and all of it's States,I have traveled the world over and believe me when I tell you despite all of Her faults,by far the USA is still the greatest nation of all.
Crimson Snapper
unregistered

no I don't and it doesn't matter. I'm asking if those jokes are racist. If they are, then they're racist no matter who says them. Especially if it's in a forum where several people are saying them, and you don't know who any of them are. It still perpetuates stereotypes, which is what we are discussing here.
Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by GBM2002:
Gentlemen,if you are looking for a fight or a political debate please use another forum.This forum is just for laughs.If you feel that you have been made fun of ,then your right. If you don't wish to read the thread then change the channel.As far as this Nation and all of it's States,I have traveled the world over and believe me when I tell you despite all of Her faults,by far the USA is still the greatest nation of all.

I couldn't agree more with that. But the whole "mexicans in a car" thing has me riled (to use a texas term ) I don't have that big a problem with being made fun of for being a Texan, I think most of those jokes are pretty funny myself. It's the racial slurs I had, and still have a problem with.

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

I am not fighting anyone, I just don't like to be talked down to by someone that doesn't know a damn thing about me

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

Triplehhh

I'm not talking down to you at all. I'm just trying to get an answer. One you're obviously not willing to give. Not sure why.

by the way, telling somebody to "lighten up" on a topic they feel strongly about is talking down to them, that's why I got so agitated.

sorry to offend.

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

I wasnt telling you to lighten up about your topic, nor talking to you. I was talking to LK about his "everyone hates texas comment" I hate racism, and I surely don't have to explain myself to you or anyone.

goodnight sir.

JKeane
Member # 644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKeane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Legend-Killer:
How? Louisiana was purchased by the United States. They never fought a war to leave the control of France.

Well...the British were mighty interested in it back in the early part of the 19th century. Even though the Treaty of Ghent had already been signed, the Battle of New Orleans was a fairly important battle in the history of Louisiana, and probably the MOST decisive battle of the War of 1812 (even though it didn't occur in 1812). That's all I'm really sayin'.

[This message has been edited by JKeane (edited 03-03-2002).]

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
I wasnt telling you to lighten up about your topic, nor talking to you. I was talking to LK about his "everyone hates texas comment" I hate racism, and I surely don't have to explain myself to you or anyone.

goodnight sir.

goodnight gracie

seriously. I don't wanna have hard feelings here. I get a little bit upset when I see racial slurs, even in jest. most of my comments weren't directed to you specifically, you were just the only one who responded.
Nobody else who made the offensive comments even had the courage to respond, so for that, I salute you, and I hope we can let bygones be bygones here.

offers the official accountant a brand new cypherin book, that ain't even been cyphered in

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

no hard feelings here
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations