WrestlingClassics.com Message Board
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legend-Killer from TX         Edit/Delete Post 
In rememberance of Texas Indepnedence Day the drinks are on this proud Texan!

Remember the Alamo!

Proud in the Lone Star State

IP: Logged
GBM2002
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Independence from what. As far as we know you still own the Alamo.
Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

quote:
Originally posted by GBM2002:
Independence from what. As far as we know you still own the Alamo.

In remeberance of our declaring independence from Mexico.

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Declared Independence? The truth of the matter is after three days of being drunk and playing cards to see who would get stuck with the Alamo, Santa Anna won, John Wayne lost and well ........ the rest is history.

NOW YOU MAY BUY DRINKS

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TripleHHH67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Wayne fought Tito Santana for the Alamo?

diet coke please

GBM2002
Member # 2183

quote:
Originally posted by TripleHHH67:
John Wayne fought Tito Santana for the Alamo?

diet coke please

Lets hear it for our new Historian / Bookeeper, Triple HHH

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TripleHHH67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Tito hit John (Marion) with a flying elbow (burrito) and pinned him 1-2-3

Its in the books folks

The Official Accountant/Historian of the Fabulous Blonde Forum at WC

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Yes I believe that is exactly what happened. We shall write that down as fact.
TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Done, it's in the books!!!!

Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yee-haw and pass the Shiner Bock!

Happy Texas Independence Day, y'all!

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this here war Bastille Day or such, but I'll have a case of Lone Star.

Happy Independence Day and such to the... the, uh... SOMETHIN' SOMETHIN' state... dang, seems to me I knew this...

Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Durn Floridian, don't even 'member the nickname of that thar state from whence the Queen Diva was commenced... you needs to be taught a geography lesson, or historical lesson, of some sort, podner.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Waal, just pass me another one of them beers from that case of Lone Star and we'll commence.
Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Well, then. Bring your protractor.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Never leave home without'm.
JKeane
Member # 644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKeane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
Waal, just pass me another one of them beers from that case of Lone Star and we'll commence.

I'm guessin' that you've never actually had Lone Star...EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!

Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bobby Heenan quote:

'You know why there were only 223 Mexicans at the Alamo? They only had 1 car'

[This message has been edited by kargol (edited 03-03-2002).]

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Why, the Brain must have took a history lesson from 'Bob'. Thar war many thousands of Mexicans attackin' the Alamo, and only very few Texans inside, most of which were your Davy Crockett and your Jim Bowie and others who were not your Texans atall f u wanna git technical onnit. Your Mexicans, you see, had TWO vehicles, which war VW buses with fuzzy dice hangin' from the rearview mirrors.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by JKeane:
I'm guessin' that you've never actually had Lone Star...EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!!

Have too had Lone Star. It ain't very good, but it's good. Now WHAT are them two words... the 'somethin' somethin' state... pass me another Lone Star...

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
Why, the Brain must have took a history lesson from 'Bob'. Thar war many thousands of Mexicans attackin' the Alamo, and only very few Texans inside, most of which were your Davy Crockett and your Jim Bowie and others who were not your Texans atall f u wanna git technical onnit. Your Mexicans, you see, had TWO vehicles, which war VW buses with fuzzy dice hangin' from the rearview mirrors.

my records show 223 Mexicans in a cadillac with the dog in the back window with the bobbing head. Inside the Alamo were David Bowie and Jim Crockett.

The Official Accountant/Historian of the Fabulous Blondes Forum at WC

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

This Alzheimer's is a terrible and brain-ravagin' thang.
TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Then the Mexicans started renting that Cadillac out., This was such a success that they started The Alamo car rental company.

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Which one of you order taco's with your beer?
GBM2002
Member # 2183

quote:
my records show 223 Mexicans in a cadillac with the dog in the back window with the bobbing head. Inside the Alamo were David Bowie and Jim Crockett.

And I believe that Fess Parker was in that group somewhere.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Warn't he one of them Welches?
TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Fess Parker was the chauffeur

Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

Alright dammit! This is similar to what I was referring to in a nother thread about bashing Texas!

I try to post something to honor my home state and this is the CRAP that gets started!I am damn proud of this state and it's history and heritage!

And by the way, the Mexicans and one car or VW bus with fuzzy dice is one of the worst and most degrading racial slurs and stereotyping I have heard in quite a while.

Now if someone wants to come along and edit my post go right ahead. But I have gotten my opinions out. And they are exactly that MY OPINIONS!

PISSED OFF IN THE LONE STAR STATE!

JKeane
Member # 644

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKeane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"...to think I's proud when you learned to talk..."

The Andy Griffith Show

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Hey LKiller,thanks for giving us your opinion.And I will always fight for your right to express it. However, there are those of us that feel that while Texas is a great state,it is not the only state that had to fight for it's freedom.And please note that the armies that helped to liberate Texas were from the East. If you can't handle a little fun being poked at you then maybe you should move to another state where we have a sense of humor

T

tex

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Fighting back the tears here beautiful commentary. Entering into the history book...

Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

quote:
Hey LKiller,thanks for giving us your opinion.And I will always fight for your right to express it. However, there are those of us that feel that while Texas is a great state,it is not the only state that had to fight for it's freedom.And please note that the armies that helped to liberate Texas were from the East. If you can't handle a little fun being poked at you then maybe you should move to another state where we have a sense of humor

T

tex

No we were not the only state that had to fight for our freedom. And yes it was people from the east that helped fight. And I do have a sense of humor as I ahve demonstrated on many occassions on this board.

And what about the racial slurs and stereotyping. Is that all in good fun? Should people just lighten up about that?
NO!

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:

T

tex

But the difference is that people don't make fun of the struggles of other states. And they also don't make racial slurs in regards to other states fights for freedom.

Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

And for the record. They weren't ARMIES from the EAST that fought. There were some VOLUNTEERS that came to the aid of the Texicans fight for their rights.
TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Snapper:
But the difference is that people don't make fun of the struggles of other states. And they also don't make racial slurs in regards to other states fights for freedom.

I am not anti Texas or anti any state or country, but I have heard people make fun of just about every state, not just Texas. Texas isn't the only state that gets poked at. What's fair is fair....

[This message has been edited by TripleHHH67 (edited 03-03-2002).]

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
I am not anti Texas or anti any state or country, but I have heard people make fun of just about every state, not just Texas. Texas isn't the only state that gets poked at. What's fair is fair....

[This message has been edited by TripleHHH67 (edited 03-03-2002).]

That may be true, but It doesn't seem to happen nearly as much. What about the racial slurs? Everybody's shying away from that topic.

Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

Oh and by the way, other than the thirteen colonies, what states have had to fight for their independence from another nation?

Please answer that question.

JKeane
Member # 644

quote:
Originally posted by Legend-Killer:
Oh and by the way, other than the thirteen colonies, what states have had to fight for their independence from another nation?

Please answer that question.

A strong case could be made for Louisiana.

TripleHHH67
Member # 1245

Everyone who live in a state that gets poked fun at thinks their state is picked on the most. I have never thought any less of Texas then I do of my home state or any state. Nor has anyone I personally know...

Legend-Killer from TX
Member # 854

quote:
A strong case could be made for Louisiana.

How? Louisiana was purchased by the United States. They never fought a war to leave the control of France.

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
Everyone who live in a state that gets poked fun at thinks their state is picked on the most. I have never thought any less of Texas then I do of my home state or any state. Nor has anyone I personally know...

I posted this once before, but when I was a kid, my family went on vacation to Colorado. It didn't take me long to hook up with other kids, of course. As soon as they found out I was from Texas they didn't want anything to do with me because their parents had told them that Texans are trash. This wasn't just one or two kids, mind you, this was the entire group of 8 or 10 kids, all from different parts of the country.
Tell me again that it's all in our heads because it's our home state.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations