WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » The Mark Markley Memorial Bar & Grill » FYI

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FYI
GBM2002
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that we all talk on the same wave length sort of, please list all the words we are not allowed to use on this forum so Dusty will have personal knowledge of this.
IP: Logged
GreyGhost from MS
Member # 1856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GreyGhost from MS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBM2002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Ghost, I believe that does cover most of it.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, copied and pasted direct from the Control Panel, is the complete list of filtered words:

**** ****** **** ***** **** **** ***** ******* ***** *** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ******* **** ********* ******** ******* *** ****** ***** ***** ***** ******* ******* ****** ***

Thanky'verymuch from the Sunshine State.

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Well, dang. *hee*
GBM2002
Member # 2183

Thank you ever so much for clearing up this matter CM as Dusty was so confused as to what words he could not use.

If anyone comes up with any more, please add them to the list.

Crimson Snapper
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask I:
Well, dang. *hee*

um, CM...I was just curious...will we ever see you on the other boards again?

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Good lord, Young Fishface...

quote:
http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/Forum1/HTML/020615.html
Crimson Mask I
Moderator posted 02-27-2002 09:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don I would say is by far the best wrestler of the four. He captained the Syracuse (I think) wrestling team, and Lou Thesz likes to tell the story of when he was going around to colleges and wrestling exhibitions against the wrestling teams. He says Don actually got him in trouble and he had to use an illegal (in amateur wrestling) hook to get away, and that Don won his respect by not complaining. (Don's version is that Lou then fed him a leg for the same takedown and spent the rest of the match rubbing Don's face into the mat, and that he couldn't get out of bed for a week afterwards.) They've been very close friends ever since. Don actually was VERY similar to Lou in the ring, in size, body type, physical condition, coordination, and quickness.
I don't know Mark's background. From what I remember and what I've seen on tape of him from that era, I can't discern the marks of a shooter, but that isn't always reliable. Mark was about the same height and weight as Don, but never appeared to be in as sharp condition as Don either. The cut physique came years later.

Dickie was very very good and solid in the ring. Gilbert I never saw during that period. They were smaller guys than Don and Mark. I really can't paint much of a comparison between the two teams.

... get with the program.

Rhiannon
Administrator
Member # 2091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rhiannon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tellin' ya. It's the REST of us that you probably won't see much of, now that we gots our own little world to flirt, drink, play, and be catty in, and such.

Weeeell.... I guess when we wanna talk about wrestling of the non-mud-or-pudding-variety, we'll come back to them other forums up yonder thar.

GBM2002
Member # 2183

Can't be missin'us much they keep visiting down here. Let the cohooting continue!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations