WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Missouri State Title Book featuring Jack brisco

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missouri State Title Book featuring Jack brisco
Old Ringsider
Member # 66020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old Ringsider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a year in the making, my book on that wonderful old Missouri State Title is out and avaailable from Scott Teal at Crowbar Press.

The renown regional title promoted by legendary Sam Muchnick in St. Louis and proudly held twice by the one and only Jack brisco.

Here is a link to my website page on it:

http://www.admiralent.net/strap.html

Thanks to everyone who helped make it possible!

IP: Logged
Steve Yohe
Member # 302

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Yohe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So your Roger Deem?

I've been reading the book for three days at work. I thought I had read enough stuff on St Louis with Matysik's material and all the research done on the city...but I can't put it down. A lot of cool info & ideas are in it.

It was fun to read Harley Race claiming he invented the vertical suplex and the double arm suplex (page 25). How I don't know if that was true, but I don't think fans today realize what a "state of the art" performer Race was in the 70's.

The Race/Backlund match in MSG was shown last year on the WWE website and and some fans were disappointed. I watched & disagreed. It had all of the major moves of the period. Stuff that is taken for granted today but was the base for everything done today. I didn't see a suplex until 1974 when Pat Roach wrestled in LA.

Liked the design of the book. Good book.

I think you should have said something about how Sam Muchnick's style came from Tom Packs and from the way wrestling was promoted thru out America before 1936. Thanks.--Steve Yohe

[ 02-09-2013, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Steve Yohe ]

Old Ringsider
Member # 66020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Old Ringsider   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure could have talked about Packs but I was really trying to keep focused on the title years. So much more could have been said about Muchnick.

Thanks for your kind comments.

bam bam bum
Member # 120210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bam bam bum         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds interesting

--------------------
If reality has ganged up on you, nothing is safe anymore

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations