WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Things You Might Not Have Known About Jack Brisco

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Things You Might Not Have Known About Jack Brisco
Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of the tribute on JackBrisco.com

[ 02-02-2010, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nulty from WA ]

IP: Logged
misawafan
Member # 5542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misawafan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nicely done. I wish I would have had the chance to meet him. Easily my first pro-wrestling hero...
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark.

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

Brian Elliott
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Elliott   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the Strongbow story!

--------------------
Brian Elliott is a British journalist, covering soccer, MMA, and pro wrestling. He has written for the likes of the AP, Sports Illustrated, and Yahoo! Sports, and is currently the editor of pro wrestling monthly Fighting Spirit Magazine..

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VERY good journalism. Anyone who can write in a way to bring the emotions out of the people on a hardcore board like this has my respect. You, sir, are a terrific wordsmith. And NOBODY gets that from me unless I believe it myself. Hi5.

[ 02-03-2010, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Jeff in Texas ]

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicely done - nothing real surprising to old smarks like me, but it really puts in perspective the kind of man Jack Brisco was to those who really knew him.

Thanks, Mark - it was a good tribute to a very deserving individual.

J.D. McKay

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

plmathfoto2
Member # 8020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plmathfoto2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Mark, thanks for helping me (and others I'm sure) feel a little better right now. Let me know if you need any more photos or whatever.
loadedboot (originally from MS)
Member # 3966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for loadedboot (originally from MS)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like not just wrestling, but society in general lost one of the good ones.

--------------------
"Nothin' in this boot but a foot and five toes!" - Dr X

f860th
Member # 1754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f860th     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mark - I am glad you had a chance to develop a friendship with Jack. Please, when you can, we'd love to hear more stories if you can share them.
Nontraditional Student
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHA... I accidently hit the right click button. That's a heck of a commute, Mark...

Great read. Again, R.I.P. Jack Brisco.

--------------------
I'm going down to the Greyhound station, gonna get a ticket to ride...

heinoushorseman1986
Member # 12747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinoushorseman1986         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the post and tribute to Jack Brisco.

--------------------
Billy the Kid..
Saint Augustine,Florida 1513,1565,1672,1702,1740..

CWFmark from FL
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWFmark from FL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for putting into words the sentiment I feel about the man. Great job Mark!

Actually the fan asked "can have I your autograph Verne?" to which Jack replied "no, this is Greg." I still to this day think Jack put him up to it...I have since shaved my head completely bald and grew a goatee due to that event.

[ 02-03-2010, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: CWFmark from FL ]

Rash at the beach
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rash at the beach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Nice!

--------------------
Promotional Consideration paid for by the following

www.samedayrva.com

Www.blastpods.com

Clovisman1fromNM/TX
Member # 5688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clovisman1fromNM/TX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very well written, Mark. I was fortunate enough to see Jack wrestle back in the 60s, what a priviledge. Your article makes me regret that I didn't have the chance to meet him as a person. What a remarkable man. What a legacy.
weaselsuit from MN
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weaselsuit from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice heartfelt tribute.

--------------------
"Car picture with Dom Deluise..."

Dragon Shai
Member # 26632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon Shai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know nearly as much about Jack Brisco as a lot of the other guys, so I was surprised about the Kabuki bit. I do agree that it was a phenomenal gimmick.

On a non-related Jack Brisco question, is there a reason he never had a 3rd NWA title reign after he dropped the title to Terry Funk on 12/10/75? Was he worn out and just didn't want to do the schedule that was expected of the NWA champion or did the NWA board just not decide to put it back on him for some other reason?

Tojo Boy
Member # 306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that he was just tired from the schedule.
Rash at the beach
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rash at the beach   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read Dory's tribute and he mentioned 200 1 hour matches with Jack.

That is awesome.

--------------------
Promotional Consideration paid for by the following

www.samedayrva.com

Www.blastpods.com

Hong Kong Phooey
Member # 15199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hong Kong Phooey         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by halloweenhavoc89:

That is awesome.

What that meant was 200 matches that were draws or otherwise non-title changes. Why did Dory refuse to drop the belt directly to Jack after having wrestled him so often? So maybe you had a hundred title matches where Dory was champ and Jack couldn't beat him and then a hundred more where Jack was champ and Dory couldn't beat him
Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hong Kong Phooey:
quote:
Originally posted by halloweenhavoc89:

That is awesome.

What that meant was 200 matches that were draws or otherwise non-title changes. Why did Dory refuse to drop the belt directly to Jack after having wrestled him so often? So maybe you had a hundred title matches where Dory was champ and Jack couldn't beat him and then a hundred more where Jack was champ and Dory couldn't beat him
Wally, this isn't the thread for this.
Nicko
Member # 4771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Wally come on, really, this is for/about a great wrestling legend that has passed and what a wonderful human being for the fans like us to remember, any win/loss recoerd to Dory or anyone doesn't matter now nor did ever matter to Jack. A great write up Mark, if you know more feel free to continue.

[ 02-07-2010, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Nicko ]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations