WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack Brisco RIP (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Jack Brisco RIP
The Alternate Warrior
Member # 11936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Alternate Warrior         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was not what I had in mind when I logged in to the site today. This sucks. A legend has passed.

RIP.

I hope I can find some Jack Brisco matches on youtube.

--------------------
"I could go in there, and wrestle a broom." (4:29)

IP: Logged
ehrjr from L.I.,N.Y.
Member # 4773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ehrjr from L.I.,N.Y.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw,Jeez. A dreary month just got drearier. Jack was a class act. I can honestly say I never saw him in a bad match. Spoke to him once, incredibly nice guy.

I will miss you, Jack. R.I.P. Champ.

--------------------
Ernie

"A Kayfabe Memory is a Terrible Thing to Waste."

Thanks for the memories, 'Naitch.

Forget it,Bret. Lou, Don & Nick are the best-you were never even close.

The Eagle 2 from FL
Member # 6289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Eagle 2 from FL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Mr Brisco.

--------------------
"Courage is being affraid but saddling up anyway."

-John Wayne

Ricky
Member # 1609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP, Jack. What a class act. One of the greatest of all time. A true icon.

I first saw him when he wrestled on Leroy McGuirk's Tri-State Wrestling in the mid-sixties. He had great skill and charisma.

He was extremely nice on this board, as well, in answering our questions.

[ 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Ricky ]

Meth via PA
Member # 2112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meth via PA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP

Mr. Brisco

A Champions Champion...

--------------------
I looked into the heart of the Island, and what I saw was beautiful.

Eddie Stole my other shirt.

6/25/07 - The day the wrestling died

nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been watching a lot of his matches on Youtube lately. He was a true champion. God Bless his family.
bmack71
Member # 120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bmack71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP to Jack Brisco.

He was my older brother's favorite wrestler in the 70's.

My sympathy goes to his family.

BMack

Soletaker
Member # 1564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Soletaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching some of his NWA title matches from Japan just yesterday. Truly a great loss. Rest In Peace.
weaselsuit from MN
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weaselsuit from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shocking. RIP champ.

--------------------
"Car picture with Dom Deluise..."

Risk aka Rob
Member # 8193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Risk aka Rob   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow, that's really sad news.

I just got online and came to see what was up on WCMB and find out rather dramatically that Jack Brisco had passed away.

Very sad news indeed. I was just watching disk 1 of the History of the World Title and Brisco was interviewed quite extensively, obviously some time ago, now finding out that he has passed is just that much worse.

RIP Champ and my Condolences to the Brisco Family.

--------------------
Please SUBSCRIBE to my GamesNew2Me video game YouTube channel. YouTube.com/GamesNew2Me

CWFmark from FL
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CWFmark from FL         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So much I would like to say but cannot at the moment. I had the pleasure of watching him from the beginning of his career in Florida to actually being able to call him a friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to Jan, Bill, Gerry, his children, grandchildren and the rest of his family. He had a great run and a pretty good wrestling career as well.

God bless you, Jack...and thanks for the fond memories! I'm drinking a beer and toasting you tonight!

okstampede
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack actually worked for McGuirk before I was born, but one of my earliest memories of watching wrestling was the announcement that Jack had won the NWA title from Harley Race and being heavily promoted as a native Okie whenever he would come to the area to defend the title. Everytime I saw him was a nice reminder of why the word "wrestling" was still around in the mayhem world that is pro wrestling. It's gonna be said until it's redundant, but it's absolutely true; he was one of the greatest. The wrestling world isn't the same. RIP.

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

M.DuPree
Member # 426

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M.DuPree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm truly sorry to hear this.I had the privilege of meeting Jack at CAC in Vegas and he was just an amazingly nice person.He certainly was one of the single best hands to ever lace up the boots. Hopefully,when he sees Bobo Brazil again,he doesn't forget Bo's Redman.
My sympathies to his wife,brother and family.I know it's going to be tough.
RIP

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/RasslinRelics

RJ
Member # 267

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am shocked! Sad news. My thoughts and Prayers to his family. God Bless. RJ

--------------------
XSTREMEADVANTAGE.COM

Cornette Fan
Member # 4170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cornette Fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first exposure to Jack Brisco was probably his team with his brother. I'm still a huge fan of that team. Their work in Florida, Mid Atlantic, and the WWF, among other places was always amazing. In recent years I've started watching his work from the time he was NWA World Champion. I've become a huge fan of his and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

RIP.

Later,
Nate

--------------------
Hulk Hogan, you are a household word, but so is garbage. And it stinks when it gets old too.
(Jim Cornette...1997)

If your mother wasn't so fancy we could shop at a gas station like everybody else.
(Homer Simpson)

manof1000holds
Member # 2367

Icon 1 posted      Profile for manof1000holds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the pleasure of getting to know him as a person after years of idolizing him when I was a kid. Great guy, one of the best I ever saw in the ring, and as mentioned, this one was a big surprise.

RIP, Jack.

scizott792
Member # 5330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scizott792     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences and thoughts are with his family, friends and fans. I'm proud to have met him at CAC and couple of other events over the years.

So long and thank you to a real gentleman and a champion.

RIP Mr. Brisco.

--------------------
"Now, my father cared about Country Joe and The Fish as much you probably do about sado-masochism." -Smith Hart to scizott792, Amsterdam NY 6/5/10

Moondog Fluffy
Member # 8168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moondog Fluffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything I've ever heard about Jack Brisco indicated that the man was a class act. Rest in peace Mr. Brisco.
Mississippi fan
Member # 444

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mississippi fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP, Jack.
The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A long, miserable weekend was capped by a Monday of news like this. I am so sorry to hear this and wish comfort to his family and fans...I am one of those fans. This family set the bar REAL high
MIDNIGHT RAIDER
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MIDNIGHT RAIDER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am just a little too young to haver seen Mr. Brisco's apex, but even at the end of his career he was still a very good in ring talnt and by all accounts, an honorable asnd classy gentleman.
RIP Mr. Brisco.

Travis Cook
Member # 229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Travis Cook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only gotten to see Brisco by the miracle of videotape (and even last night, I found myself watching the match with Roddy Piper when he had to put up $10,000 to wrestle him...no matter how many times I've seen that match, I always enjoy it!). Nevertheless, the amount I've seen of him has been impressive and entertaining (and as someone else mentioned, it's an art to be able to work a technical style, but still be entertaining and have the people in the palm of your hand--Brisco certainly did that).

I don't recall hearing anybody in the business say a negative thing about Brisco--and anybody who's been anywhere near this crazy endeavor will tell you how rare that is. To say Brisco will be missed is an understatement of massive proportions, and I truly wish I could have seen him wrestle live during his career.

--------------------
For the best in Poltical commentary, visit my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/americasevilgenius

Check out my new political/cultural blog: http://askaconservativewhiteguy.blogspot.com/

"In your gut...you know I'm right!"

Puroresu
Member # 1730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Puroresu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2010 is turning out to be another depressing year. I got to meet Jack Brisco at the 2005 Cauliflower Alley Club convention in Las Vegas. He truly was a great talent in the ring. Here is Jack Brisco's title history from my pro wrestling web site:
Florida: NWA Florida Heavyweight Title-(4); Florida: Florida Television Title-(3); Florida: NWA Florida Tag Team Title-(9); Charlotte: NWA Eastern States Title/Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title-(5); NWA World Heavyweight Title-(2); Florida: NWA United States Tag Team Title-(5); Puerto Rico: N.W.A. Caribbean Tag Team Title; Atlanta: NWA Georgia Tag Team Title-(2); Puerto Rico: WWC North American Tag Team Title; NWA World Tag Team Title-(3); Puerto Rico: WWC Caribbean Heavyweight Title;

Still Tar Heel, Still William
Member # 14837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still Tar Heel, Still William     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Rest in peace to one of the all-time greats (and from what I've heard from a lot of people in the know, one helluva nice gentleman). My condolences to Mrs. Brisco, Jerry and the rest of the Brisco family.

--------------------
I want you to put your hands together, and welcome him to the stage. Big round of applauds for Jackson Heights own, Mr. Randy Watson, YES! Randy Watson!

stlbrodyfan
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlbrodyfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP to a true legend. The folks here in St. Louis loved Mr. Brisco!
Chuckerd58 from L.I.
Member # 6734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuckerd58 from L.I.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Sad indeed,A great champ. RIP Jack.

--------------------
"When it comes to Mike Wallace,The story ends with me putting him in the wall"

Atlas Anaxis the Neck Row Butcher
Member # 483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Atlas Anaxis the Neck Row Butcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't posted here in ages; but now's as good a time to do so to register my profound dismay at this happening.
Wrestling's Grand Old School Fraternity will be an awfully lonelier place now.

--------------------
"Heroes ride...goats walk."
--Charlie Brown

BigEarl
Member # 2838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigEarl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest In Peace Mr. Brisco and thank you for the memories. My condolences to his family and friends.
weaselsuit from MN
Member # 8719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weaselsuit from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's not lose sight of the fact that the man was able to live his dream. He was a very fortunate person, and I think that a celebration of his life is in order as well as the natural grief that we feel.

--------------------
"Car picture with Dom Deluise..."

Sean O'Reilly
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the memories Sir.

R.I.P

Dragon Shai
Member # 26632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon Shai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a fan, I was too young to have ever seen Jack Brisco live or on tv, so all I can really do is watch the videos online or on DVD (the few that are out there).

I know that Jack Brisco got a lot of heat for selling GCW but I imagine a lot of people would have done the same if offered the same deal by Vince. Regardless, as a fan watching from afar, he seemed like a well-spoken, very respectful guy.

I know from reading Gary Hart's book that he views Jack Brisco as the last great NWA champion. Coming from Gary Hart and considering that Race and Flair followed Jack Brisco, that's very high praise.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Harley actually preceded Jack, first reigns.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Dragon Shai
Member # 26632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dragon Shai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Well, Harley actually preceded Jack, first reigns.

True but I was taking it more from the viewpoint that Harley just happened to be there at the righ time in '73 when he first got it and was just used to transition the belt from Dory to Jack Brisco, since the Funks basically refused to drop the title to Jack. So, Dory dropped it to Harley who kept it for a little while before the switch to Jack.
Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. Just saying I'm not sure that Gary meant by his statement to exclude Harley from being considered a great champion.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Mr. Parts Unknown
Member # 1692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Parts Unknown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh!!!!! [Frown] [Frown] [Frown]

Another great champion leaves us far too soon.

BONG!!!!

Mike FL
Member # 20057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has been made aware of the passing of WWE Hall of Famer Jack Brisco. The WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Brisco family. Mr. Brisco was under contract with WWE from 1984 to 1985 and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008. Jack Brisco was one of the most decorated performers in sports entertainment history, and a bona fide legend in Florida and the southeastern Untied States.

The Fake J.D. McKay
Member # 24269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Fake J.D. McKay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Right. Just saying I'm not sure that Gary meant by his statement to exclude Harley from being considered a great champion.

I don't think that there is in any way a dismissal of Harley in that book. I think, perhaps, that a better way of looking at it is "end of an era" type of champion. The world was changing and probably that is the type of statement Gary was making. I read that too, but I absolutely didn't take it as a slap at anyone as much as great praise for a great champion.
Clovisman1fromNM/TX
Member # 5688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clovisman1fromNM/TX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP......what can you say? One of the greats of any era.
Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA:
Mark Nulty, Crimson Mask, and anyone else I'm unaware of that had a personal relationship with Jack... the rest of us lost a hero, an icon, and a favorite entertainer. You have lost a friend & someone that you had a true, intimate emotional connection to.
My heart goes out to you guys, as it does to his family and other loved ones. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.
Hang in there.

That goes for me as well. The rest of us were just fans. Mark and CM, you two were his friends and it was a friendship you were both very publicly proud of.

Along with his family, you two above all are in my thoughts.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Jeff Luce
Member # 1822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Luce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Jack...

When I first got into watching wrestling, I immediately knew you were someone who deserved respect even with out me being told so.

--------------------
Joey: You didn't cry when Bambi's mother died?

Chandler: Yes, it was very sad when the guy stopped drawing the deer!

"If the Universe was created by Intelligent Design then why is the world full of idiocy"? - Me

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations