WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack Brisco RIP (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Jack Brisco RIP
f860th
Member # 1754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for f860th     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is such a shock. Jack was everything to me as a kid. And as an adult he was the classiest guy around to me and others. I am looking at the photo on my wall that he autographed for my birthday with disbelief.

I think he was certainly in the top 5 and near the top of that list. As Lou Thesz was fond of saying "Jack was legit".

My prayers are with Jan and Jerry and the families. This is a HUGE loss.

IP: Logged
The Mississippi Mauler mark II
Member # 1561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Mississippi Mauler mark II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved his heel turn and team with Gerry as they battled Steamboat&Youngblood. Even though he was near the end at that point he still commanded respect. RIP Champ.

--------------------
"The best fine producer in our tournament was a guy from Tennessee named Moondog Randy Colley. He'd spent a few years in the WWF as part of the Moondogs tag team and claimed to have invented the leather-clad face-painted gimmick of Demolition, which Vince then stole from him. I liked Demolition better when they were called the Road Warriors anyway.", Chris Jericho from A Lion's Tale

Rob from IA
Member # 1864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob from IA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Jack Brisco
The Blue Meanie
Member # 3403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Blue Meanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rest in Peace Jack Brisco.....GODSPEED.

--------------------
Meanie!

www.Twitter.com/BlueMeaniebWo
www.Instagram.com/BlueMeaniebWo
www.Facebook.com/Brian.Heffron
www.MonsterFactory.org

ScottBowdenKFR from TN/CA
Member # 5496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScottBowdenKFR from TN/CA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very saddened to hear the news of Jack's passing. One of my all-time favorite performers. Super smooth inside the ring and carried the legit sportsman image and attitude that made him excellent in the role of NWA champion. RIP Jack Brisco.

--------------------
www.kentuckyfriedrasslin.com
Where Memphis Rasslin' lives.
"It's finger-breakin' good."--Jerry Lawler

Purple Mike from AL
Member # 11182

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Purple Mike from AL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P., Mr. Brisco. [Frown]

--------------------
"When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place."
~ Unknown

Natural Man from CO
Member # 20460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Natural Man from CO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To one of the best of his generation, it simply didn't get better than Jack Brisco. RIP
Scot V from TX
Member # 331

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scot V from TX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP to one of the NWA's greatest world champions. We need a few more like you Jack.
Kev McGrath
Member # 3513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kev McGrath     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Jack Brisco
bigjoefromPA
Member # 26120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigjoefromPA         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got an email telling me of the sad news and came to this board to confirm. I just wish it wasn't true.. Rest in Peace Champ. All my best to his family and friends at this sad time.... God Bless

[ 02-01-2010, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: bigjoefromPA ]

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/maddogwrestlingfan

Phobos271
Member # 10147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phobos271   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Jack, very sad indeed.
RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA
Member # 2212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I may ask, did Jack just never come through the surgery? Or, was this the result of another(?) heart attack?

--------------------
"... let's get this train wreck a-rollin'!"- Strong Bad

"STOP KICKING ME!!"- Christopher Daniels @ Unbreakable '05

... I believe in Auburn, and love it.

Swimming is just floating forward

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave is updating as details clarify.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12162/

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Member # 2212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
Dave is updating as details clarify.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12162/

Thank you

--------------------

BigDew22 from OH
Member # 6251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigDew22 from OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP......

Mr. Brisco

Alfred Ticineto,
Member # 1855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alfred Ticineto,   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God - I am very upset by this. One of the classiest men to ever step into that ring, and I am proud to have been able to call him a friend.

Rest in PEace, champ. We loved you, and you will be missed.

wild bill From CA
Member # 1942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wild bill From CA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One time, about six years ago, I helped Mark Nulty with something and he said "I can't pay you, but I can let you speak to a World Champ." Thirty seconds later I was speaking to Jack Brisco and it was a real thrill I'll never forget. RIP Champ. You were one-of-a-kind.

--------------------
Having a NORML day

THFC til death

Pavlov's Dawg
Member # 22288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pavlov's Dawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just at a loss for words right now. My thoughts & prayers are with his family. Good-bye Jack. You will always be the Champ.
Mellifluous Misanthrope
Member # 5153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mellifluous Misanthrope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of those moments where I'm really busy but somehow knew I'd want to visit the board real quick. If there's anyone I'd like to see more matches of/wish I'd grown up on, it's Jack Brisco. RIP
Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hero. One of my mentors. A true friend.

RIP

AngelofLight
Member # 4352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AngelofLight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked about him some time ago and things were really quiet. So if his health was failing nothing was said. What a loss. My heart goes out to everyone and all who knew and cared about him.

--------------------
REST IN PEACE

UNDERTAKER RULES!!!

james beard
Member # 658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for james beard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack was a class act and in my opinion, not only one of the greatest NWA Champions of all time, but simply one of the best pros of all time. I'm really sorry to hear about this and want to send his family sincere condolences, particularly Jan and Gerry. God Bless.

--------------------
"It's the truth....deal with it"...Bill Hicks

C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.C. Milani from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember someone that considered themselves a super smart fan telling me that Brisco was overrated. I laughed in his face.

As great as Brisco's career was, it could have been even brighter. IMO he should have been made champion a lot sooner, and could have held it longer than 12/10/75, but he was tired of the grind and asked out of the champion's role.

RIP to an all-time great.

[ 02-01-2010, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: C.C. Milani from NY ]

Member # 2212

Mark Nulty, Crimson Mask, and anyone else I'm unaware of that had a personal relationship with Jack... the rest of us lost a hero, an icon, and a favorite entertainer. You have lost a friend & someone that you had a true, intimate emotional connection to.
My heart goes out to you guys, as it does to his family and other loved ones. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.
Hang in there.

--------------------

Count Grog
Member # 5439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Count Grog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to have had the chance to have drinks with him on several occassions, a classy guy. He will be sadly missed and yet another blow to the wrestling community.

RIP Jack

Matt Farmer from WA
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matt Farmer from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the true greats RIP Jack

--------------------
email me at: inferno4l@hotmail.com
follow me on twitter at: @mattfarmer93
http://mlwradio.com/

Nontraditional Student
Member # 10517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nontraditional Student     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. Mr. Brisco.

Condolences to the family

--------------------
I'm going down to the Greyhound station, gonna get a ticket to ride...

Cincinnati Kid
Member # 339

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cincinnati Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry. Such terrible news. R.I.P.
elijahkareem
Member # 6045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elijahkareem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am saddened at the passing of man who truly carried hisself with dignity. I think one of the greatest world champion ever. My thought and prayers go out to his family.
misawafan
Member # 5542

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misawafan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was the champion when I first discovered pro-wrestling and subsequently shaped how I viewed wrestling from that point on. This really is jolting. So sad.
Rav
Member # 6126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rav     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Jack Brisco.

I heard Ric Flair talk about him in high regard many times, so I checked out some of his matches on youtube and found out how great he was.

Steve Ogilvie
Member # 5116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Ogilvie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. to one of the best we've ever seen.

--------------------
"Mr 100%"

Infamous
Member # 10021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infamous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P.

-

The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)
Member # 166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Outlaw J.D. McKay (better?,,,)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Few are remembered as much as for their character as their talent.

Jack Brisco is remembered for both.

Love watching his work with Dory Funk Jr. and Terry Funk and of course, Harley Race, and even Giant Baba and Bobo Brazil - what great PRO wrestling matches.

Rest in peace, Jack Brisco - a true great of this industry.

J.D. McKay

--------------------
"Marriage is the one normal thing that Flair tries to do, but he sucks at it" - Nickla Roberts, in a SLAM Wrestling article. I add, "He ain't alone."

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1481967783&ref=tn_tnmn

Jm
Member # 71

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adios, champ you are missed!
Vulture
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vulture     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Brisco's career was before my time, but he's one of the few that I really came to appreciate after doing a lot of reading up on the sport. To this day I haven't seen many of his matches, but the ones I have seen did reaffirm what everyone said about him, which is that he was a true champion.

In Bill Watts book he mentioned one time when Jack took on an entire college wrestling team one on one, which at that time included a young Dick Murdoch. Jack destroyed them all. How many pro wrestling champions past, and especially present, had both the legit skills and the success on the pro wrestling circuit that he had?

RIP to the real deal

ponyplayer19
Member # 8537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponyplayer19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin:
He was exactly what a World Champion should be.

May his soul rest in peace.

Well said. RIP.
Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano
Member # 2127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ta-Kargol, Lord Of The Volcano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP. [Frown]

At least he left a positive legacy.

--------------------
I have roamed the galaxy in search of battle. Those who have crossed me have had their bodies broken and their blood spilled. Never have I looked back.

Lance Goodthrust from NL
Member # 347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lance Goodthrust from NL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad to hear. Truly an all-time great.

*BONG*

KingGregzilla
Member # 5023

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KingGregzilla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His feud with the Funks is my first memory of seeing Georgia Championship Wrestling.

--------------------
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Gregzilla!
Gregzilla!
Gregzilla!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations