WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack Brisco RIP (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Jack Brisco RIP
The Golden Spike
Member # 5502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Golden Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard at another forum that Jack Brisco has passed away, age 68 - anyone able to confirm?

[ 02-01-2010, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

IP: Logged
The Golden Spike
Member # 5502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Golden Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A link to the source

[ 02-01-2010, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: The Golden Spike ]

tamalie from MN
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tamalie from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, it appears to be true.

RIP Jack.

RIP Jack Brisco

Mike FL
Member # 20057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. Confirmed by his wife Jan. RIP.
djangoska
Member # 10798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djangoska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP

--------------------
Majority rule wont work in a mental institution.

izzy
Member # 5704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for izzy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP
BONG!!

Izzy

Brian Elliott
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brian Elliott   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very, very sad news.

***BONG***

--------------------
Brian Elliott is a British journalist, covering soccer, MMA, and pro wrestling. He has written for the likes of the AP, Sports Illustrated, and Yahoo! Sports, and is currently the editor of pro wrestling monthly Fighting Spirit Magazine..

RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA
Member # 2212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. No, no, no, no.
Damn.
Rest in peace to one of the greatest.
It was an absolute honor to interact with him via this board the few times that I did.
A classier man you will not find.

--------------------
"... let's get this train wreck a-rollin'!"- Strong Bad

"STOP KICKING ME!!"- Christopher Daniels @ Unbreakable '05

... I believe in Auburn, and love it.

Swimming is just floating forward

wes daniel
Member # 4157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wes daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got an e-mail on it. Wow. Am blown away. Met Jack a few times at CAC and he really was one of the classiest guys I've ever had the privilege of meeting. This is another hard one to take.

RIP, Jack.

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww man. One of the very best this business has ever seen.

RIP champ.

--------------------
Your old lady's old lady has got skinnier legs!!!
---
And BABY DOLL...shame on you mama...cause I know you better than anyone!

U can putitontheboarrrrrrd....YES
Member # 3568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U can putitontheboarrrrrrd....YES     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
damn... RIP Jack Brisco, a great man and a great champion.

--------------------
now you know.. and knowings half the battle... GI Joe

Fitz
Member # 13605

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fitz         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP.
Red Wings Fan I
Member # 2068

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Wings Fan I     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I'm always saddened when I read about someone passing on, but this is one of the few times my jaw literally dropped when I read the news.

RIP Jack Brisco.

--------------------
"I came to smell that fresh Detroit air!" Vince McMahon

Billy Burgess
Member # 2521

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Billy Burgess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn. Jack Brisco was not only one of the greatest to ever step in the ring, but he showed he was a true good guy with his interaction with our board.

BONG!

RIP Jack Brisco

[ 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: bburgess64 from OR via VA ]

--------------------
THE TIES THAT BIND - a film for which I created the concept and co-wrote... https://vimeo.com/184917104

New Age Old School
Member # 6833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for New Age Old School         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man, this sucks!

R.I.P. to one of the greatest NWA World's Heavyweight Champions of all-time!

[Frown]

--------------------
"The word processor is mightier than the pen."

plmathfoto2
Member # 8020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plmathfoto2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RockyRacoon War Damn Eagle from GA:
No. No, no, no, no.
Damn.
Rest in peace to one of the greatest.
It was an absolute honor to interact with him via this board the few times that I did.
A classier man you will not find.

Couldn't have put it any better Rocky, so sad! RIP champ
Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cynthia Celeste Miller from KS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even relize he was in bad health. I guess I missed that. This took me completely by surprise.

Jack Brisco was a one-of-a-kind wrestler. He was technical, but far from bland. It's one thing to be technical, but it's another thing to be technical AND be able to make the crowd care about what's going on in the ring. Mr. Brisco was able to accomplish both.

Man, I hate this. [Frown]

--------------------
Cynthia Celeste Miller
Spectrum Games

Check out my band, Eminent Remains, on Facebook.

Sniper Niles
Member # 3587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sniper Niles   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Champ.

One of the all time greats

Moondog from WA
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moondog from WA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P.
One of the greats. Very sad.

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was kept very quiet. Jack is---WAS---one of the nicest guys I ever met in my life.

Condolences to Jan, Jerry and the rest of his family.

RIP

So long from the Sunshine State.

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

Larry
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R.I.P. JACK BRISCO

I grew up watching him compete during the 70's. He was truly a great one amongst all the wrestlers I've ever seen. I had the chance to exchange a few questions and answers here on this board. I will always be grateful for those moments.

--------------------
First they broke the mold...then they made me!

OSJ from NM by way of WA
Member # 6136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OSJ from NM by way of WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad news.

--------------------
"What you say sounds reasonable enough," said the man, "but I refuse to be bribed. I am here to whip people, and whip them I shall!")
-Franz Kafka - The Trial

Bucket T from MN
Member # 2889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bucket T from MN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, no.........

RIP, Mr. Brisco...CHAMP!

Someone I truly enjoy watching.

Primal Nitro from NY
Member # 6170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primal Nitro from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no. I've only heard nothing but great things about Mr. Brisco. Never seen a lot of him in the ring, but seemingly a fantastic human being. RIP Mr. Brisco. Condolences to the family.

--------------------
I used to be Dancazman, but I have transformed into Primal Nitro!

Blue Thunder
Member # 4504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Thunder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP

I never had the pleasure of watching him wrestle except for his very bief stint in the WWF.

--------------------
"Racism is evil"- Donald Trump

bwmoats
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwmoats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I truly believe one of the finest traits any of us can have is "class." Jack Briscoe reeked of class in every part of his being.His ring work was nothing short of legendary.Imho one of the top five greatest to ever carry the strap.A true CHAMPION in and out of the ring.This ole world could sure use a lot more the likes of one Jack Briscoe.

[ 02-01-2010, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: bwmoats ]

1bruiser
Member # 2903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bruiser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Champ, you were among the best.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Champ!

--------------------
"It's Gerry, and Mike Graham is the correct answer." — CWF Fan on a 07-14-2017 thread, debating Mike Graham & Jerry Brisco

Coopy
Member # 3837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coopy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP CHAMP!

--------------------
"I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not". - Kurt Cobain-

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 9 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was exactly what a World Champion should be.

May his soul rest in peace.

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

bigpappacubfan
Member # 8321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigpappacubfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP. Sad news...very sad.

--------------------
and that's the bottom line....

Madison Carter from TX
Member # 1166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madison Carter from TX         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of wrestling's finest in every aspect and someone we should all be proud to have had involved in it. RIP Mr. Brisco.

--------------------
Twitter: @madisoncarter76

Freakin' Awesome Network

"What the hell's worth doing in this world if it doesn't have a price to pay?" - Bob Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by brawler2711:
Virgil has worked with all the greats

Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greg Ganja     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin:
He was exactly what a World Champion should be.

May his soul rest in peace.

Amen. Not many carried themselves like Jack Brisco. He was my generation's Lou Thesz.

--------------------
---

Tom Burke
Member # 12

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Burke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best has gone! RIP - Jack Brisco
September 21, 1941 ~ February 1, 2010.

HMFiles from WA
Member # 598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HMFiles from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
R I P

--------------------
Here's to Mark.

john8
Member # 17520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for john8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up watching him in Florida. Sad day.
Greg Ganja
Member # 1677

quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:
It was kept very quiet. Jack is---WAS---one of the nicest guys I ever met in my life.

What was wrong, if I may ask?

--------------------
---

original four
Member # 7556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for original four     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack Brisco was one of the greatest of all time! May God bless his family and friends.

RIP

--------------------
WOOOOOOO!!!

Crimson Mask from FL
Administrator
Member # 10449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crimson Mask from FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dirk Wiggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Mask from FL:

What was wrong, if I may ask?
Jack had to have a triple bypass last week.

Actually that's not quite right. Dave has more accurate details:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/12162/

[ 02-01-2010, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask from FL ]

--------------------
If you lames are the master race, my money's on the mud people.---Andrew Vachss

CJ in Savannah
Member # 26303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ in Savannah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just shocking, totally shocking

RIP

--------------------
I hope my next relationship lasts longer than Taylor Swift's next 10.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations