WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack Brisco Interview From 1996

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack Brisco Interview From 1996
Wrestling Perspective
Member # 1487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wrestling Perspective   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On April 2, 1996, Jack Brisco spoke to the media about wrestling for the first time in more than a decade when he gave his first shoot interview ever to Wrestling Perspective.

We've just posted the entire interview on our site.

Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!!!

--------------------
Fake ... Working Through Wrestling's Past

IP: Logged
C.C. Milani from NY
Member # 9769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for C.C. Milani from NY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was an outstanding interview.

Thanks for posting, Paul.

pbrstreetgang
Member # 5371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pbrstreetgang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great stuff! thanks for posting

--------------------
Belligerent ghouls, Run Manchester schools......

okstampede
Member # 10203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for okstampede     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto. Well done.

--------------------
"These matches are sanctioned by the NWA, the National Wrestling Alliance. Wherever you see that banner, you know you're seeing the finest in professional wrestling."

"Nothing I hate more than a dog that sucks eggs."

bwmoats
Member # 2351

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bwmoats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that has most impressed me with (Jack) him is that I have found him to be brutally honest.A trait that is not only lacking in Pro.Wrestling but society as well.The world is full of talented people but not always honest people.Please take this for what it is.It is not directed at anyone but society as a whole.
Fighting Camel
Member # 4935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fighting Camel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder if Jack knew the reason the Murnicks turned him down in buying the Georgia territory? The sons of Joe Murnick....Elliott and Carl...were trying to open up all the nightclubs they could in the Raleigh area and were pretty much overextended at that point.

--------------------
"A girl's legs are her best friend...but even the best of friends must part"---Redd Foxx

Wrestling Perspective
Member # 1487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wrestling Perspective   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys. Glad you like it.

--------------------

Wrestling Perspective
Member # 1487

Bumping this up in case anyone who doesn't know about our interview with Jack would like to read it.

[ 02-03-2010, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Wrestling Perspective ]

--------------------

Tojo Boy
Member # 306

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great interview--thank you for posting it.
elguapo1000%
Member # 4978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for elguapo1000%     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a awesome read. Thank-you much.
Pavlov's Dawg
Member # 22288

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pavlov's Dawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very nice read-appreciate it.
The Coach
Member # 6392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Coach     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good.

--------------------
"If I had realized that you people would be so damned stupid as to give the world champion $750,000, I would have made myself the champion." — Ole Anderson, to the executives at WCW and WTBS

Eater of the Dead
Member # 9312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eater of the Dead         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never realized the opened Brisco Brothers Body Shop back in the early 1970's.

I thought it was more like the 90's.....

[ 02-05-2010, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Eater of the Dead ]

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bwmoats:
The thing that has most impressed me with (Jack) him is that I have found him to be brutally honest.A trait that is not only lacking in Pro.Wrestling but society as well.

True. The only thing I didn't like about Jack & Gerry was the way the Georgia sale to Vince went down, but Jack was straight-up about it and offered no BS like a lot of his peers may have.

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Tori         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin:
quote:
The thing that has most impressed me with (Jack) him is that I have found him to be brutally honest.A trait that is not only lacking in Pro.Wrestling but society as well.

True. The only thing I didn't like about Jack & Gerry was the way the Georgia sale to Vince went down, but Jack was straight-up about it and offered no BS like a lot of his peers may have.
Why does everyone always give them flak for selling out to Vince? The only other way they were gonna get out of that deal with their shirts would've been if they could've convinced Barnett to use the TBS slot to go national and compete with everyone. He wouldn't do it so the writing was on the wall. They would've gone broke with every other promoter in the industry. Vince was the one guy who wanted it enough to write a real check that didn't bounce. On the other hand it's funny that a lot of the same people (not you, GShea) who disparage the Briscos for selling out, also ride Ole (and Ole was the exact opposite, he not only wouldn't sell out, he basically spat in the face of the guy trying to buy).

--------------------
"16 day debreidden is hopspital and did gp crazt. Check. Peached are godd, check."

GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin
Member # 1443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Martin Tori:
quote:
Originally posted by GShea from TN loves Sarah Palin:
quote:

Why does everyone always give them flak for selling out to Vince? The only other way they were gonna get out of that deal with their shirts would've been if they could've convinced Barnett to use the TBS slot to go national and compete with everyone. He wouldn't do it so the writing was on the wall. They would've gone broke with every other promoter in the industry. Vince was the one guy who wanted it enough to write a real check that didn't bounce. On the other hand it's funny that a lot of the same people (not you, GShea) who disparage the Briscos for selling out, also ride Ole (and Ole was the exact opposite, he not only wouldn't sell out, he basically spat in the face of the guy trying to buy).
The only thing I'll disagree with you on is that Georgia would have gone broke with every other promoter in the industry. There was one man who could have survived the storm - evidence being that 1984 was his best year ever. Bill Watts.

Regardless, the Briscos did what they thought they had to do - I simply wish they hadn't done so in as backhanded a fashion.

--------------------
"Bell time, and heeeeeeeeerrrreeeeeee we go Davey..........."

"Whose woods are these I think I know." - Robert Frost on a Ugandan safari

"When I was born, my Momma looked at me and she said 'Oh God, he looks like a saddlebag face!'. But she said 'Saddlebag face, I love you!'." - Blackjack Mulligan

"YOU ARE DEAD! DEAD! DEAD!" - Plowboy Frazier

"Perfessional rassling toughness!" - Bill Mercer

"This is the greatest card in the history of Nashville!" - Nick Gulas

Martin Tori
Member # 27175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Martin Tori         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Watts ever put an offer on the table at that point?

--------------------
"16 day debreidden is hopspital and did gp crazt. Check. Peached are godd, check."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations