WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack--I remember when we.....................

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack--I remember when we.....................
denny
Member # 9513

Icon 1 posted      Profile for denny         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was likely about 1963, or so. We (SIU-Carbondale) were on an extended road trip. Our stops included Stillwater. Our ultimate destination was the Midlands Open tourney up in Chi-town.

Well, I won that Midlands at 191. Wrestled a real good kid in the finals. Ron Paar of Wisconsin in the semi's.

However, I think my bout with you is what got me ready for some of those other guys. The two of us wrestled an 'exhibition' 9 minute bout prior to the SIU/OSU dual meet in Stillwater. Exhibition because (I think) neither of us was eligible just yet.

I had heard all about you. I loved the idea of wrestling you early in my college days. Funny how I should recall details of our bout.

We went into the 3rd period 1-1. I believe that was the final ? I had heard of your carry. I was thinking about it all through our bout. It was a good, fun time for me.

Thank you Jack, for the opportunity. It all helped me to get better.

Regards,

Denny

[ 02-05-2010, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: denny ]

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations