WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » ANNOUNCING 2nd Annual WrestlingClassics.com Celebrity Pro Am NCAA Basketball Pool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANNOUNCING 2nd Annual WrestlingClassics.com Celebrity Pro Am NCAA Basketball Pool
Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The idea is to give message board members a chance to compete and rub elbows with some of their favorite professional wrestling personalities. It's one big pool with prizes. We're inviting a myriad of professional wrestling personalities to play including WrestlingClassics.com clients, message board posters and lurkers, Ringside Live guests, and more. I'm hoping for a nice mix of old school legends and some current personalities mixed in. It may end up the WCMB against Jack Brisco, but I will aggressively pursue invitations.

Entry is free. I am running the pool through CBS Sportsline, www.sportsline.com, so you will need a CBS Sportsline registration to participate. CBS Sportsline registration is also free and signup is easy.

Note: A lot of people either have different screen names or signup with different screen names than their WCMB account. This is fine. But, please, when you enter the tourney let me know both your WCMB name and your CBS Sportsline name! It was difficult last year trying to mix and match everybody's WCMB SN with what name they entered on Sportsline.

Prize: If a non-wrestling personality (the Am of the ProAm) wins the entire pool, it's a $75 gift certificate to the WrestlingClassics.com Online Store. If a professional wrestling personality wins, the Am finishing the highest wins a $25 gift certificate to the online store.

Perhaps even more important than the gift certificates are the year-long bragging rights.

To get an invitation to the ProAm, please send me an email (private messages might get clogged) to mark@wrestlingclassics.com with your WCMB screen name.

I hereby name myself as the final authority of this contest. I will decide who qualifies as a wrestling personality and who isn't. For example, Dave Meltzer? Yes. Sir Oliver Humperdink? Of course. An indy manager just breaking in who most people haven't heard of yet? No. Is that arbitrary? You bet. If there any controversies where I'm involved, I name Greg Goode as arbiter.

Scoring will be as follows:
Here is the scoring system:
Round 1 - 1
Round 2 - 2
Round 3 - 4
Round 4 - 8
Round 5 - 12
Round 6 - 20

I don't count the 64/65 play-in game. Deadline for entry is prior to first tipoff on Thursday. That means you must be a registered member of the WCMB, registered on CBS Sportsline, sent me an request, received an invitation back, and filled out your brackets online. I implore you not to wait until the last minute.

One entry per message board member. That's per member, not screen name. Is it possible that someone with multiple screen names sneaks through with extra entries? Yeah, but hopefully we can work on the honor system here.

Thoughts? Feedback? Speak now.

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations