WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jacks thoughts on Chris Colt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jacks thoughts on Chris Colt?
brutebernard65
Member # 5776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brutebernard65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Brisco, Jim Cornette once said that Chris Colt was one of the best workers that he ever saw that people probably don't know. Did you ever work with Chris in the ring? What made him so special?

--------------------
R.I.P Brute Bernard and Skull Murphy

IP: Logged
Claymation Quartermain
Member # 6083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claymation Quartermain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did they ever wrestle in the same territory? I know Jack has passed but any longtime Brisco or Florida fans know the answer?

--------------------
"Old Time Hockey?"

diamondmd
Member # 1292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamondmd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they were ever in the same territory and Colt was primarily a tag wrestler while Jack was a traveling champion.

Chris started in Boston with Tony Santos as Maurice Chevalier. He hooked up with Ron Dupree and they moved to the Gulf Coast area as the Dupree Brothers. From there they took on the Hell's Angels gimmick and moved to Detroit. Somewhere in there Colt (as Jim Dillinger) was part of the new Chain Gang with Don Fargo.

He and Dupree teamed up again as the Commancheros in Arizona, then again as the Hell's Angels in Omaha and the back to the Gulf Coast. They were both in Seattle for Dean Silverstone but Dupree was no longer wrestling. He was Dean's ring announcer and he died of a heart attack at a show.

After that Colt bounced all over and Jack was no longer champion so I doubt they ever crossed paths.

--------------------
http://www.gccwhistory.com/

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations