WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Question Regarding the National Heavyweight Title

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question Regarding the National Heavyweight Title
Rich Tate
Administrator
Member # 1374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rich Tate   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack...in working on future material I will be adding to Georgia Wrestling History, I am trying to get some clarification on the National Heavyweight Title.

In the fall of 1980, the title was introduced on GCW, and you were being billed as the champion, and it was mentioned that you won it from Austin Idol. However, in all of my recollections of that time frame, as well as the research we have found so far, there seems to be nothing showing that Idol had even ever been billed as the champ prior to your being billed as such, nor have I even found a match where you guys wrestled at all in that period.

My guess is that with the advent of the cable exposure (which resulted in all of their titles becoming "National" titles), as well as the move into the northern states of OH, MI, and WV, that it was simply a phantom title change.

However, I defer to you for the details if I am incorrect in my assumption. Do you recall the situation at all?

--------------------
Georgia Wrestling History

IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rich you are absolutely right and the next time I own a territory I want you as my booker.Let me know what the card would be for the Ga dome , using the Ga boys.
nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just don't let Rich book any retirement matches..... [Razz]
Smokey
Member # 5665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, oh! Bro. Rich is on a roll now!!! (Not too much gets past that boy!)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations