WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Mike Graham questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mike Graham questions
StranglerLou from Fla
Member # 4478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StranglerLou from Fla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't read the book yet, but a post on the pro wrestling board indicated that Jack had some harsh things to say about Mike and Eddie.

Jack, Can you tell us what your problems were with the Grahams? Thank you, Lou

IP: Logged
Jack Brisco
Administrator
Member # 1944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Brisco   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To answer your question Mike Graham was a good worker, Jerry and I had a very sucessful program with Mike and Steve Keirn.Mike was also very quick to let you know that he was the son of the promoter.As far as Eddie is concerned I give him credit as being one of the smartest men in the business.The only knock I had on Eddie was that his pay off's were terrible and they were. I have only good memories of Eddie Graham, maybe you should read the book.
StranglerLou from Fla
Member # 4478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StranglerLou from Fla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jack, Thank you for your response. I had heard that CWF payoffs were not good. I suspect that some of that had to do with the climate here, and the abundance of talent that wanted to work here. There was never any shortage of great wrestlers in town in those days. Ice fishing is just not as much fun as bikini inspecting by the pool.
I spent many tuesday nights at the Tampa armory watching you work, and loved every minute of it.

It is still true today that the wrestlers do not get anywhere near a big enough piece of the pie.

StranglerLou from Fla
Member # 4478

As to the program that you mentioned with Kiern and Graham, I saw some of this.
You and Jerry, who was VERY good in those days, did a kinda subtle heel thing in that program. There was a lot of WRESTLING in these matches which is something that Florida fans loved. Good stuff and great memories. Thanks Jack.

Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you comment about things in a book when you haven't read the book yet?

How do you know what was in the book if you haven't seen it?

-

AND

-

Both available here!

[Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations