WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » Jack vs. Eddie Graham for Gulas---March, 1966

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jack vs. Eddie Graham for Gulas---March, 1966
Tojo Kid
Member # 5158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Nick Gulas card--Chattanooga, Tenn.--March 3rd, 1966--
1. Mario Milano took Tomayo Soto
2. midgets--Lord Littlebrook beat Pee Wee James
3. Jack Brisco drew with Eddie Graham
4. Tojo Yamamoto & Alex Perez lost on a disq. to Jackie Fargo & Haystack Calhoun
5. NWA World Title Match-- Champion Gene Kiniski beat Sam Steamboat, 2 out of 3 falls

[ 12-14-2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Crimson Mask I ]

IP: Logged
Tojo Kid
Member # 5158

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tojo Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tomorrow, I'll post some more '66 Chattanooga results wih a young Jack Brisco on the cards. Early '66 in Chattanooga also had heels Hiro Matsuda & Antonio Inoki in as the "World" tag champs, & Eddie Graham & Sam Steamboat appearing some.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I remember that period, Eddie and Sam were going up to work for Nick a lot. What's interesting there is Sam getting the title match, rather than one of the locals, and that Jack DIDN'T come up from Florida---this was before he came down. He was working for Gulas at the time. AND that he wrestled Eddie, AND that Eddie, who was WAY on top at that time, DIDN'T go over. Jack was still very green in the business then. It must have been a babyface match. Very interesting card.

So long from the Sunshine State!

Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Also, Inoki wasn't known as 'Antonio' yet. He was still being billed under his actual given name of Kanji Inoki.

I'm gonna copy this over to the Brisco board in case Jack drops by and has any comments.

Tojo Kid
Member # 5158

Yeah--my results from then show Inoki as Kanji Inoki. BTW, On the general board, I put up a thread of Jack Brisco matches from Chattanooga in early 1966.Crimz, you may want to share that stuff here.?
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Done.

http://wrestlingclassics.com/.ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000441

The Christmas Creature
Member # 2392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Christmas Creature     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tojo Kid:
Early '66 in Chattanooga also had heels Hiro Matsuda & Antonio Inoki in as the "World" tag champs with Eddie Graham & Sam Steamboat appearing some.

Right after this Tennessee run Matsuda, Graham and Steamboat went on a Japan tour :

*SAPPORO, JAPAN * FRIDAY NIGHT MAY 27, 1966*

1. Don Chuy downed Mr. Moto

2. (SEMIFINAL EVENT)
Giant Baba was victorious over Joe Carrollo

3. (MAIN EVENT 6-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH)
Hiro Matsuda - returning to Japan after 8 years
Duke Keomuka
Michiaki Yoshimura

won via disqualification over heels

Eddie Graham
Killer Karl Kox
Sam Steamboat

### IIRC, Chuy & Carrollo were pro football players with the LA Rams.

[ 12-18-2004, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: The Christmas Creature ]

Crybaby
Member # 6667

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crybaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new here so excuse me for replying late.Have interest in this forum as I grew up watching Brisco from 1968 in Tampa and other cities around Florida......Must have seen Brisco Vs Funk,Jr. and various combos a kazilion times.Each time it was great.

On a note on this topic....of Graham to Japan......I actually have several newspaper clips from Japan with photos of this 1966 tour.Will be glad to send copies to anyone interested.

--------------------
I'm an expert on my own opinions.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations