WrestlingClassics.com Message Board Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» WrestlingClassics.com Message Board » Jack Brisco forum » so you thought Bobo Brazil was a nice guy...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: so you thought Bobo Brazil was a nice guy...
Timothy-Allen
Member # 1569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timothy-Allen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tell that to Jack Brisco...
http://community-2.webtv.net/Dark_Star88/BriscoBrazil/

IP: Logged
Mark Nulty from WA
Administrator
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Nulty from WA   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Timothy, thanks for posting this...

Jack will personally respond to this when he sees it. I do know that Jack really liked Bobo a enjoyed being around him.

The match that Timothy is referring to is available in the Jack Brisco Collection on Jack Brisco in Japan.

Skorzeny
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Skorzeny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't this in Japan when Bobo was doing a heel gimmick and foaming at the mouth?
Who was Bobos second during those matches? I can't remember. Was it Rufus R. Jones, Tiny Hampton or...? I just remember it being another African American wrestler.
Did they ever explain why Bobo was supposedly crazed and turned heel and what the foam coming out of his mouth was suppose to be?

nothing to see here
Member # 672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nothing to see here     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skorzeny:
Wasn't this in Japan when Bobo was doing a heel gimmick and foaming at the mouth?
Who was Bobos second during those matches? I can't remember. Was it Rufus R. Jones, Tiny Hampton or...? I just remember it being another African American wrestler.
Did they ever explain why Bobo was supposedly crazed and turned heel and what the foam coming out of his mouth was suppose to be?

It was Rufus seconding Bobo.
Crimson Mask I
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bobo was ALWAYS a heel in Japan, going back to the '50s when he wrestled Rikidozan.

btw I looked at the tape again and that does NOT look like Rufus to me.

So long from the Sunshine State!

The Ringsider
Member # 4708

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Ringsider         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Jack have incredible matches against some really substandard foes--he was a master who could carry almost anyone. But he wrestled Brazil one time in St. Louis on March 15, 1974. They went through an hour and I have to say it was probably Jack's dullest match ever in that city.

No knock against these two, I just think their styles didn't mesh well. Brazil really needed a brawler to work with when he was doing the face role. I would loved to have seen him as a heel against Jack--That would have been awsome! But Bobo NEVER played the heel in St. Louis.

In fact, as I sit here and recall, I can't remember any black wrestler who worked as a heel. The St. Louis audience had a large percentage of African American fans and Promoter Sam Muchnick knew how to work his clientele.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WrestlingClassics.com Home Page

Click here to see the WCMB Rules and Regulations